Coona Blues

Director of Coaching
Nov 3, 2011
Bundaberg, Qld
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Tasmania
I find it annoying that the AFL would give Eddie an ambassadorial allowance if he went to Suns— Really if they think he is good for the game he should get wherever he is - there are plenty of aboriginal players that get drafted to Victorian clubs and have to adjust to life —- if the AFL wanted to make Cyril Rioli an ambassador of the game when he was at hawthorn I would not of had a problem with it ..
This.
Reports abound of Eddie hosting the indigenous boys from both Adelaide and Port at his home. His standing in the community is unquestioned. The "welfare" component of his role would be very real and has the potential to transcend club allegiances. Surely the essence of an ambassadorial role and subsequent allowance.

rp84

Norm Smith Medallist
Feb 25, 2010
Brisbane
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Arsenal, Philadelphia 76ers
Dusty and Dane Swann in Vegas together is “too loose” so imagine that.... then Bennell is “too loose” for Dusty. That’s WHOLE OTHER LEVEL

I suspect you can't actually get looser than swan in LV, so they are just downplaying their own looseness

Mick F

Mighty Snr
Dec 26, 2013
AFL Club
Collingwood
Stormin' Norman!

Seems he is still around in the Ovens & King Football League, time to get him back?

Glenrowan- not real high standard, but nearly wins the League B&F every year

Jul 25, 2019
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Leeds United
A tad off topic but anyone know how to watch the SANFL Grand Final this week from QLD

Ooh its Glenelg v Port Adelaide. The Graham Cornes grudge match finale. I want to watch it too.

Also has anyone heard the Port Magpies club song ? So weird (like the Swans Notre Dame crap but worse)

Mick F

Mighty Snr
Dec 26, 2013
AFL Club
Collingwood
I love the Bennell story where the Tigers paid for his flight to Melbourne to do an interview. He arrived proceeded to go straight out partying and then turned up 4 hours late for his interview the next day.

After the head of football reluctantly agree to talk to him the first thing he said was how much are youse guys going to pay me😂.
Never fulfil his athletic talent

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back