List Mgmt. Trade & Draft UltraThread- Warning, May Contain Speculation #combinethethreads

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lots of flankers......
iu

2018 top 10, 5 smalls (<190cm) drafted playing an average 19 games each for the year (compared to the 5 talls playing an average 9 games).
2017 top 10, 9 smalls drafted playing an average 15 games each per year over the two seasons since being drafted.

Now over to you. Where was my statement wrong?

Why no names, what are you trying to hide?

We're hamstrung in terms of trading our first round pick next year, unless a special exception is made by the AFL.

I'd be angling for pick 13, our 2nd this year and 2nd next year for Kelly, keeping pick 22 this year and our first next year.

Best available midfielder at 22 - ideally Robertson.

Xavier O'Neill is a Midfielder who wins a good balance of contested and uncontested ball which was on full display throughout the 2018 season. O'Neill has speed and agility, which is prominent at stoppages and can push forward to use his goal sense to impact the score board
Was he playing midfield?
The stats I'm looking at show him reaching 20 disposals in only 1 game, and he played 10. A good mid should be able to exceed that easily in the WAFL even at 19yo

We're hamstrung in terms of trading our first round pick next year, unless a special exception is made by the AFL.

I'd be angling for pick 13, our 2nd this year and 2nd next year for Kelly, keeping pick 22 this year and our first next year.

Best available midfielder at 22 - ideally Robertson.

The AFL will allow it if asked. We dont need protection from ourselves, we just won a flag and also used multiple 2nd rounders in the past two years thanks to Gold Coast. They will also want Geelong to get the best deal possible PLUS keep the Vic fans happy.

The best mutually fair deal for us is two 1sts with the Cats 2020 2nd coming back.

Is there anyway we can offer Geelong 22,31+future 1st and the trade 13+ Petrucelle for a higher pick to get Dev Robertson?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Is there anyway we can offer Geelong 22,31+future 1st and the trade 13+ Petrucelle for a higher pick to get Dev Robertson?
Realistically what sort of region will Robertson be picked around? I’m aware that Sumich is a fan so if he gets the Freo gig then he’ll nab Robertson early

Realistically what sort of region will Robertson be picked around? I’m aware that Sumich is a fan so if he gets the Freo gig then he’ll nab Robertson early
It is unlikely the trades would occur, it is increadibly unlikely Sumich will get a job. Read the name of their sponsors and ask - would they like their brand on his shirt while he makes a fool of himself on camera?

Between 10-20. Henry, Robertson, Jackson and Rivers will all be gone by 25.

So perhaps I am over estimating his value. Does that mean it is imperative that we keep 13 in the kelly trade in order to secure one of Robertson/Henry/rivers?

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

We can't not trade for Kelly unless the price is ridiculous but that's the part that also scares me. If I was Geelong, I'd want the picks this year. And that potentially wipes us out of the first 2 rounds this year.

Meaning we are not making inroads to drafting young mids.

Well isn't Kelly the perfect age then?
Why do they need to be a bunch of 18 yo's that will do nothing for 3 years?

So we trade a 20 yo who has already had impact at AFL level for a 18 year old who only has a 50/50 chance (statisically) to even play AFL in any meaningful manner?

Perhaps not the best idea.

Sometimes people get carried away with ideas (omg draft young mids!) and don't think it through.

So we trade a 20 yo who has already had impact at AFL level for a 18 year old who only has a 50/50 chance (statisically) to even play AFL in any meaningful manner?

Perhaps not the best idea.

Sometimes people get carried away with ideas (omg draft young mids!) and don't think it through.

Perhaps you are right that it isn't the best idea.

I think my post was certainly guided by the fact that I don't really rate Petch. He lacks a lot of polish when finishing his own work and doesn't seem to have very good defensive skills.

I would still be doing whatever it takes to get Robertson or Rivers.

Perhaps you are right that it isn't the best idea.

I think my post was certainly guided by the fact that I don't really rate Petch. He lacks a lot of polish when finishing his own work and doesn't seem to have very good defensive skills.

I would still be doing whatever it takes to get Robertson or Rivers.

How do you know Robertson or Rivers will be any better?

Do you think either of them will be kicking 20 goals in basically their first season (like Pet did)?

We need realistic expectations.

Was he playing midfield?
The stats I'm looking at show him reaching 20 disposals in only 1 game, and he played 10. A good mid should be able to exceed that easily in the WAFL even at 19yo
Not necessarily mate, XO Sauce had a delayed start to preseason I think, and came straight from under `18s playing against boys to playing against mostly Men in the WAFL, not every player or midfielder will develop at the same rate. A 18 year old picking up 20-30 touches against men on a regular basis is an exception not a normality. TO me these are the once in a generation players that you are lucky to get. ie Judd BOND 007 am I correct or is other factors too?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back