Opinion Who do you want to win the GF?

Remove this Banner Ad

Mar 2, 2015
AFL Club
Hawthorn
No preference. May the best team win (whoever that is...)

I don't understand why football fans get so emotionally invested in not wanting certain teams to win.

"Oh, not Collingwood... Pies fans will be insufferable..."
"Oh, not Richmond.... Their fans are so arrogant..."
"Oh, not Geelong.... They're so smug and they've had too much success"
"Oh, not GWS.... A Giants fan I work with will be unbearable"

What a wank. :rolleyes:

Get over it, dipshiits. Who wouldn't be happy about seeing their team win a flag?

Good luck to everyone and remember: it's only a game and there's always next year.

Apr 24, 2011
Greek Islands
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Normally any Collingwood grand final disaster brings great joy and laughter however there's been so many of them now that its become routine and boring.....
For Buckleys sake I kind of want the Pies to win it, he deserves a flag. He's been very impressive at how he's conducted himself as Collingwood coach. Seems a decent bloke.

Want in this order.

Collingwood.
GWS.

Richmond.

Geelong.

Who do I think will play in the GF.

Collingwood V Richmond

Winner.

Richmond.

Warning & Caveat :

AFL will want their Love Child to win, so whilst they are alive in the race, the maggots will give them the benefit of the doubt in the 50 / 50 decisions .
So until they are knocked out of the race all other comers should be VERY nervous, because they will be playing against a stack deck.

Apr 22, 2007
Bentleigh
AFL Club
Geelong
Geelong.

Imagine Danger getting his first flag!
Selwood winning his 4th, and first as captain!
Ablett, after missing out in 2011, triumphantly completing the three so that so many of his mates did!
Chris Scott being proven right!

This all sounds like a win for Football.
Correct

In fact it’s hard to think anyone could have an alternative view

Geelong.

Ablett, after missing out in 2011, triumphantly completing the three so that so many of his mates did!

Funnily enough, apart from Selwood these are the exact reasons I don’t want the cats to win.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Rockford

Brownlow Medallist
Aug 22, 2006
Halls Head
AFL Club
Geelong
Cats obviously. If not Geelong, then then Tigers.

Talking to an ex West Coast player that I work with today, he wants to see anyone that isn’t Collingwood or Richmond win it, says the AFL have had an agenda since the top 4 was decided to see a Collingwood v Richmond GF.

SuperSteele22

Premiership Player
Nov 6, 2011
AFL Club
Collingwood
Wouldn't mind Mayne or DeBoer.
This is pretty much how I decide who I want to win the flag when my side aren't in it - if there's an ex-Pie involved I'll usually get behind his team providing I still like the individual. Can recall cheering on teams in recent years involving Rhyce Shaw, Wellingham & Seedsman

(Log in to remove this ad.)

dustysnecktattoo

Club Legend
May 15, 2019
AFL Club
Richmond
No preference. May the best team win (whoever that is...)

I don't understand why football fans get so emotionally invested in not wanting certain teams to win.

"Oh, not Collingwood... Pies fans will be insufferable..."
"Oh, not Richmond.... Their fans are so arrogant..."
"Oh, not Geelong.... They're so smug and they've had too much success"
"Oh, not GWS.... A Giants fan I work with will be unbearable"

What a wank. :rolleyes:

Get over it, dipshiits. Who wouldn't be happy about seeing their team win a flag?

Good luck to everyone and remember: it's only a game and there's always next year.

Well folks, mummas wrong again

MEDULLA OBLONGATA

Apr 18, 2005
AFL Club
Melbourne
I was an inaugural member of the Giants and spent most of this decade living in sight of Manuka & Spotless. They are also the only interstate club left. So GWS all the way. Collingwood & Geelong about equal. Richmond only if they play at their devastating best. Worst case scenario is Richmond defeat Collingwood 75-42 in a lacklustre game which gives the Magpies b2b losses.

As a long-suffering Raiders fan since the late 90s though, my attention has shifted towards them. They haven't had a home prelim since I started supporting them! Given the Giants MCG record, unlikely they'll win 2 in a row (on the back of a Gabba win), so my heart is with the Raiders right now.
Go Raiders! I am a Raiders fan also

Apr 18, 2005
AFL Club
Melbourne
Geelong.

Missing out in 2011? Was he injured or dropped? Or just pocketing a lazy 1.5 million?

Last edited:

dean33

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 10, 2007
melb
AFL Club
Richmond
Cats obviously. If not Geelong, then then Tigers.

Talking to an ex West Coast player that I work with today, he wants to see anyone that isn’t Collingwood or Richmond win it, says the AFL have had an agenda since the top 4 was decided to see a Collingwood v Richmond GF.
This whole agenda or scripted fairy tail stuff is rubbish. Of course they would like the giants to win it or see a massive tigers v pies grand final however to say they have an agenda they are working towards to make this happen is the stuff of fantasy.

Greggy

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 15, 2006
Earth
AFL Club
Richmond
Probably should be who you want to see lose it the most, BF kind of gears towards that kind of approach.

So in order.

Cats
Pies
GWS
Tige’s

Remove this Banner Ad

Back