Toast Farewell Hodgey (take two), "the AFL's most venerated on-field leader".

Remove this Banner Ad

essaynode

Senior List
Aug 24, 2009
AFL Club
Hawthorn
"Hodge was, and remains, the AFL's most venerated on-field leader."

This is a great article on Luke Hodge and his leadership. It reminds me of the debate that was had for many years about Hodge, Judd and Ball. For so many years, people thought we'd recruited the wrong kid at number 1. I don't think anyone in their right mind would argue that he isn't the greatest of the three in terms of influence, durability and premierships.

I thought I'd post it here for you to enjoy given there's not much official news coming out of the trade period with the finals still going.

So it looks like the warrior has hung up the boots, finally this time. '“Hodgey’s finished, as a player,” Fagan said.'

"He’s the best leader I’ve seen, one of the toughest players I’ve seen, a warrior."

All the best for retirement. You now leave a legacy at two clubs who will cherish your contribution for many years to come.

Something no one has mentioned yet is he’ll retire with a 100% winning record against Hawthorn. What an absolute champion (except for the beating us part) 😂
I was thinking about this the other day. Not many can claim a perfect strike rate against any team.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Genuine Superstar and better than all around him. The move to Brisbane did his wider football reputation a world of good, he will be back in two years just wait.

Don't underestimate how smart he is at reading the game and modern day structures, very underrated in that department

we would all love to have him back but every time he is interviewed he tells us how much his family loves living in qld..he is a country boy after all. I think the best we can hope for is him being a commentator............ he leaves the current crop of bigotted twits for dust.

Something no one has mentioned yet is he’ll retire with a 100% winning record against Hawthorn. What an absolute champion (except for the beating us part) 😂
and the irony is, the team that kept us at bay, GWS was the one that beat him in his last game

Was told last night he'll be part time in coaching at Bris and part time media.
There is a video on YouTube with Fagan talking to the playing group about Hodge, thanking him for his 2 years

Hodge replies that his family love it up there and they are staying to help guide the club

There is a video on YouTube with Fagan talking to the playing group about Hodge, thanking him for his 2 years

Hodge replies that his family love it up there and they are staying to help guide the club

He’ll have a gig at a Melbourne club within a few years.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back