Banter Remember to use the code "CATS" to ensure you get Prelim tickets.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan 3, 2012
From the interview room
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Chelsea FC, Victory, All Blecks,
Dude there are trains every 20 minutes on Friday from lunchtime onwards.
If I can get there from Ocean Grove on my busiest work day of the week, then anyone can.
Yeah but you don’t use your Centrelink payments for meth.........

If I can get there from Ocean Grove on my busiest work day of the week, then anyone can.
But a work day for you is slinging bags of heroin in the queue at Centrelink, the rest of us have normal jobs that might require a 4 or 5pm finish

Jul 16, 2015
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Fighting Furies
But a work day for you is slinging bags of heroin in the queue at Centrelink, the rest of us have normal jobs that might require a 4 or 5pm finish

And if you need to stay back late on a Friday you’re either a s**t worker or have a s**t job. Leave on the dot and you would make the game. Depending on your job you could also start early finish early....

Shadow89

Cancelled
10k Posts AFL Fantasy Div 6+ Winner 2021
Feb 20, 2018
Yeah but I'm not sure there are too many people that are leaving work at lunchtime...maybe Baker's Delight employees?

All I'm saying, is that there should be more trains put on from Geelong, during major events in Melbourne. I.e. every 10 minutes instead of 20, from 5pm onwards. Why is this such a divisive statement? Surely no-one reasonable would disagree with that assertion? Then, if that can't be met, why not just have the game on a Saturday night, which would increase ability for fans to be able to attend (Richmond fans living in Geelong included).

This isn't a sook, it's just logistics. As I've said, I don't have a problem with where, it's more the when, because of the lack of transport to accomodate the masses. This coupled with the AFL's attitude towards revenue/lack of care about the fans (not having it on a Saturday when more fans from Geelong can attend) despite arguing that the locking out of fans is the reason that they can't have the games in Geelong, is my main issue.

Just have the game on a f*cking Saturday, it's not that hard! Then you could hate on us for other things, but at least we'd be at the game for you to do it in person, rather than sh*t-posting online!

Last edited:
Yeah but I'm not sure there are too many people that are leaving work at lunchtime...maybe Baker's Delight employees?

All I'm saying, is that there should be more trains put on from Geelong, during major events in Melbourne. I.e. every 10 minutes instead of 20, from 5pm onwards. Why is this such a divisive statement? Surely no-one reasonable would disagree with that assertion?
I agree.
I would also like McHarry's to put on extra buses so that people from BH/OG don't have to rush to catch 4.30pm when the earlier one is something stupid like 1.30pm.

And if you need to stay back late on a Friday you’re either a s**t worker or have a s**t job. Leave on the dot and you would make the game. Depending on your job you could also start early finish early....
I didn't know you had a job?

Shadow89

Cancelled
10k Posts AFL Fantasy Div 6+ Winner 2021
Feb 20, 2018
I agree.
I would also like McHarry's to put on extra buses so that people from BH/OG don't have to rush to catch 4.30pm when the earlier one is something stupid like 1.30pm.

Spot on. And people from Apollo Bay or Lorne, good luck, haha. It'd just be better for all if it was on a Saturday

For Real?

I live in Brisbane and can make a finals game, how can you cry about a game that starts at 7:50PM.....
I'm not crying? I don't even live in Geelong, the MCG is a 20 minute train ride for me. A large majority of Geelong fans live in Geelong though - thats reality.

Spot on. And people from Apollo Bay or Lorne, good luck, haha. It'd just be better for all if it was on a Saturday
Nah we have earned the right as the top ranked side to have the first final and as a result the extra days break before the GF.
Also Friday works much better for me.

Meli

#gotiges
Aug 1, 2018
AFL Club
Richmond
And Tigers have beaten Cats zero times when it matters in the AFL era. We can go back and forth all day, I'll always be right.
I just have one question, if the 2017 QF didn't matter, then why didn't you win the flag that year??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back