Game Day Collingwood v GWS Giants - Preliminary Finals — Sat 21 Sep, 4:35PM AEST, MCG

Who will Win?

• Collingwood by 30+ pts

Votes: 35 27.1%
  • Collingwood 10-30

Votes: 48 37.2%
  • Collingwood by <10

Votes: 9 7.0%
  • GWS Giants by <10

Votes: 12 9.3%
  • GWS Giants by 10-30

Votes: 14 10.9%
  • GWS Giants by 30+

Votes: 11 8.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
May 31, 2019
Belmont, WA
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Perth Glory, Everton FC, SSC Napoli
I know you’ve only been around for a month or so but there’s no need to carry on like a campaigner due to a pretty harmless spelling error.
My pet hate! Harmless errors happen especially with auto correct on mobiles! That campaigner will need to make sure he uses spell check evertime because the microscope will be on him.

Sep 14, 2005
AFL Club
Collingwood
I doubt it will be Adams. Whilst he is an accumulator and really digs in and wins some important ball he isnt as dangerous by foot as Pendlebury and Sidebottom. I think he goes to Sidebottom
I also doubt it’ll be Adams. Adams is an inside contested beast, you can only quell that influence marginally since he is already getting it amongst other bodies in and around stoppages.

Sidebottom is the one that will hurt us if he is negated. His transition possessions create a lot of our movement from the back half forward, so if he is kept to under 20 possessions, we’re in trouble.

Apr 18, 2005
AFL Club
Melbourne
I doubt it will be Adams. Whilst he is an accumulator and really digs in and wins some important ball he isnt as dangerous by foot as Pendlebury and Sidebottom. I think he goes to Sidebottom
100% will go to Sidebottom. Didn’t Geelong let him go in the QF and he ended up dominating? He needs a tag as he is so dangerous and also gets forward and scores. Pendlebury I wouldn’t bother tagging.

Apr 20, 2015
AFL Club
Collingwood
100% will go to Sidebottom. Didn’t Geelong let him go in the QF and he ended up dominating? He needs a tag as he is so dangerous and also gets forward and scores. Pendlebury I wouldn’t bother tagging.
i hope buckley rolls sidebottom forward if that's the case, he is good up forward so could potentially work in our favour

Apr 18, 2005
AFL Club
Melbourne
absolutely they are a chance, they have made it to a prelim for a reason and if we aren't on they can definitely beat us, I would think the same goes for your game as well.

finals footy is like that, you never know what will happen. I believe if we show up and play our brand we can beat them, fingers crossed.
I think GWS and Geelong both represent the bridesmaid over the last 3-4 years. Both made PF and bombed out, I really feel that one will grab the opportunity. I think the Giants are right in the mindset to win, playing very aggressive and unsociable footy. Pies will need to be on to stop them. Their SF effort this year was a lot better than last years effort.

Giants for me

Apr 20, 2015
AFL Club
Collingwood
Yeah you’d probably start him there almost as a stooge, get them confused. Do you then bother wasting a tagged on him? Or do they put De Boer on him and Williams on the ball?
I think if that happens De Boer would just move to the next target and i'm going to guess it would be Pendlebury, it should make for a good chess battle that one.

Apr 18, 2005
AFL Club
Melbourne
I think if that happens De Boer would just move to the next target and i'm going to guess it would be Pendlebury, it should make for a good chess battle that one.
The thing is though if he starts forward he can simply roll into the middle. I think wherever he starts De Boer goes with him, the other option is putting him on Treloar and having someone really attacking go to Sidebottom. Someone like Williams. That way Sidebottom is having to contain Williams rather than the other way around. Force him to play as a defensive forward.

Apr 20, 2015
AFL Club
Collingwood
Upset brewing.
Green and Coniglio to play.
Giants ready to break MCG finals hoodoo.
"Medical room: Star midfielder Stephen Coniglio (knee) won't be ready to take on the Pies, but if the Giants make it through to their first Grand Final, the vice-captain will do everything possible to get up."

Thats what I saw on the AFL website, is there something we dont know?

Jun 6, 2016
Perth
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Pines Football Club
Key match up IF giants are to win:

Grundy v ? There's talk that Mummy might be dropped as he got schooled last week. But who? Reckon their best bet is to double team and rotate on him. Would they bring Keefe, Tomlinson or even Simpson. Can't afford to have Grundy run around feeding the mids and being a mid himself.

Key match up IF Pies are to win:

STOP Cameron, depending on how we set up defensively in a team sense will dictate how the giants go I50. If they bomb it in Moore and Howe will looking for the intercept grab. More dangerously if they get silver service entry it'll be Roughie with the spoiling task................ not so easy.

System v talent: Unless you're a welders dog you can see the orange clearly has a far superior list but they're going to have to out Collingwood Collingwood if they're to get the win........................ easier said than done.

Wouldn't want to be De Boer this week - gonna be a lot asked of him.

timokane

Club Legend
Oct 2, 2018
AFL Club
Collingwood
No one has given a valid reason why lies can’t win it’s basically based on bias

Back