Game Day Richmond v Geelong, Preliminary Finals — Fri 20 Sep, 7:50PM AEST, MCG

Who wins?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

In some ways I see this as similar to the Lions. One team likes to play a bit slower and control the ball. The Tigers like the run and surge. If you don't completely control the game the tigers will wear you down and then run over you. So the key for Geelong is to control contested ball and then careful accurate ball movement to take our weapons away. If the Tigers come with enough pressure and midfield grunt that won't work. Could be a fascinating game. But the Tigers form and style means that unless you are perfect we are very likely to win.
Great post.

I think that comes back to the way Geelong set up from defence. Stewart and Blicavs get nicely into position and respond by starting that controlled kicking game, so really it comes down to stopping you surging from half back to create that ‘chaos’ style where every opponent is run off their feet.

So it rests heavily on Geelong’s forward line to mount pressure and also from the midfield to deliver the ball in a controlled way to stop Grimes, Astbury and Vlaustin from repelling and burning you.

Different game, but different result?.... I think you overestimate your teams chances. The Tigers weakness is centre bounce clearances, & Nankervis is hardly Nic Nat. No doubt in my mind we can get Kelly & Danger bursting out the front. This game will be close. 👍
We'll see! 😌

In some ways I see this as similar to the Lions. One team likes to play a bit slower and control the ball. The Tigers like the run and surge. If you don't completely control the game the tigers will wear you down and then run over you. So the key for Geelong is to control contested ball and then careful accurate ball movement to take our weapons away. If the Tigers come with enough pressure and midfield grunt that won't work. Could be a fascinating game. But the Tigers form and style means that unless you are perfect we are very likely to win.
Geelong probably also need to get a wall happening across their Half back line for the Richmond entries. When Richmond do repel it’s important Stanley puts his thinking cap on and gets back to intercept and help the defenders.

Says a fu*** richmond supporter. Your 2017 flag is competely tainted by the fact you played 3 non melbourne teams in melbourne during the finals and you were only the deserved home team in one of those three games.
lol

For the record, I DON'T CARE WHERE WE PLAY! We'll meet you, anywhere, anytime, anyway and I back our boys in to do their best WHEREVER they play.

If you lack the confidence for your team to compete with the big boys on their 'home deck', that's not my problem pal!

So Geelong 2019 is worse than the 2018 version and the opposite is true for Richmond?

its irrelevant.

What happened or didn't happen last year is completely irrelevant for Friday night

It is desperate clutching at straws mind games garbage that Scott is an expert in.

If only he was as good at winning finals lol

Says a fu*** richmond supporter. Your 2017 flag is competely tainted by the fact you played 3 non melbourne teams in melbourne during the finals and you were only the deserved home team in one of those three games.

Talk about grasping at straws to downplay another team’s success...

Did we ask the AFL to play three non Melbourne teams in Melbourne? Or was it based on ladder position and finals games won?

Does Chris Scott ever shut up?

Last year he had the astounding news that we we're beatable, wow what a revelation, now he's letting us know that not only are Richmond not as good as last year but Geelong are better than last year.

Just shut the f@ck up.you horiible little garden gnome, your psuedo intellectual meanderings are an embarrassment, focus on reading the weather reports for christs sake.

Last year he had the astounding news that we we're beatable, wow what a revelation, now he's letting us know that not only are Richmond not as good as last year but Geelong are better than last year.

Just shut the f@ck up.you horiible little garden gnome, your psuedo intellectual meanderings are an embarrassment, focus on reading the weather reports for christs sake.

I can't believe I'm agreeing with you, given how harsh this is, but I find myself unable to stop 'liking' this post 😄

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So just to clarify, was it completely tainted, or two thirds tainted as you say we deserved a home final once?

He was right last year. Maybe he is right again this year?

Chris Scott has come out and said that the tigers were better in 2018, than they are in 2019, he also said that the cats are better in 2019, than they were in 2018.

Guess that means that the cats will win easily on Friday night ?

Can't wait to pump some pussy, and take that stupid look off his face.
I would say Richmond are comfortably better this year, well this last half of the season, 10 in a row I think. We sort of limped into the finals last year scrapping wins over the Dogs and Essendon. It didn't surprise me that Collingwood, who were in great form beat us easily. Much more balanced with Lynch up forward and Soldo is a good tap ruck who really fed our mids last week. Cats are also a better side but have been a bit erratic lately. Selwood in control wins you matches.

I can't believe I'm agreeing with you, given how harsh this is, but I find myself unable to stop 'liking' this post 😄

At least you never had to endure "Tuesdays with Terry". We scheduled our cringe back then

Richmond fans in denial about their unjust advantages.

No denial. We openly acknowledge we don't need to take three days leave to attend one game.

You have your bell though

He talks like he played, to instigate and niggle. I was really disappointed for Geelong fans when he pulled a selection stunner in the QF. I guess the thing going the way of Geelong is that they didn’t have a week off last week.

Hawkins 4 contested marks and 4 goals shows how much of a game breaker he can be. Do you honestly think Henderson or Ratugolea will be more threatening than if Hawkins was playing? And how on earth does it affect the double team?
I've explained that.

Back