Past #4: Shaun Higgins - Higgo traded to Geelong for 2020 #30 - 2x Syds/108 NM gms/96 NM gls - thx Higgo

Remove this Banner Ad

@WhatelyONWhately : Higgins would've earned the kangas a pick between 2-4 #revisionism

Wow, he's salty. "Oh yeah, well so what, we don't even care that they aren't coming to Geelong!! And guess what North, jokes on you because you would've got picks 2 and 6 for Higgins and Goldy, so hahahahaha, you lose. And anyway, we didn't even want them, so there!!!".

Ok all, I thought the hashtag might've indicated the legitimacy of this post.

In case it's not clear, it's a play on Todd Goldstein retrospectively being annointed as an unrealised top 10 compensation pick by his Highness, The Right Honourable Gerard Whateley of Geelong Sycophancia.

In case it's not clear, it's a play on Todd Goldstein retrospectively being annointed as an unrealised top 10 compensation pick by his Highness, The Right Honourable Gerard Whateley of Geelong Sycophancia.

I'm more scared nobody asked for a source on that quote before assuming it was real.

Despite your explanation, I am convinced that what you wrote is an accurate reflection of Gerard's view.

Despite your explanation, I am convinced that what you wrote is an accurate reflection of Gerard's view.

No doubt. It'll become the trading version of the early 2010s "should've gone to the Gold Coast".

2023 article - "North Melbourne botched a potential rebuild in 2019 when they re-signed the aging Higgins and Goldstein rather than secure picks 8 and 9 as compensation and thereby provide themselves with a hand of 3 top 10 national selections to bring in much needed elite young talent."

Well Whateley DID go into bat for elbows Ablett so his opinion is worthless

I wish it was mate. Unfortunately he seems to be some sort of guiding oracle for rules and judgements based on his extensive career of ................. ?

You can't win with these idiots. If we let Higgo and Goldy go, we'd be hearing North has gone into rebuild mode just 3 years after a major cleanout.
No doubt. It'll become the trading version of the early 2010s "should've gone to the Gold Coast".

2023 article - "North Melbourne botched a potential rebuild in 2019 when they re-signed the aging Higgins and Goldstein rather than secure picks 8 and 9 as compensation and thereby provide themselves with a hand of 3 top 10 national selections to bring in much needed elite young talent."
Except if we were to win a flag, none of this would be even discussed. For a club like ours that's the only way to shut everyone up. Otherwise there will be crap said either way. Either they have admitted the list isn't good enough and went into yet another rebuild, or they have erred by keeping the veterans instead of getting access to the cream of the draft.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You can't win with these idiots. If we let Higgo and Goldy go, we'd be hearing North has gone into rebuild mode just 3 years after a

Except if we were to win a flag, none of this would be even discussed. For a club like ours that's the only way to shut everyone up. Otherwise there will be crap said either way. Either they have admitted the list isn't good enough and went into yet another rebuild, or they have erred by keeping the veterans instead of getting access to the cream of the draft.

We could win the 2020 flag with Goldie and Higgins becoming joint Norm Smith winners and they'd still trot that out 3 years later if it suited their narrative.

If that's the case then the offer Goldstein turned down must have been freakin' ginormous.

Very interesting interview. Not exactly emotional or anything, but extremely frank about the process and options on the table.
If you’ve ever watched Higgo that’s him 100% of the time. Extremely calm, cool and collected. He could kick goal of the year and he’d barely raise a fist pump.

Not only is he completely invested in the club (his words) but we couldn’t hope for more of a professional, role model to the rest of the playing group.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back