• Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

dean33

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 10, 2007
melb
AFL Club
Richmond
Best pre bye team vs best post bye team. Both teams represent 3 prelim failures in last 3 years. Geelong 2, tigers 1. Could go either way, yet suspect tigers midfield more disciplined and cats to struggle to kick more than 70. Hope cats competitive in first qtr and apply some scoreboard pressure on tigers. Go cats!
P.S. hoping Scott shuts the f up!
We all are.

How is the Tiger ruck position this year

Ruck has again been Geelongs weakness this year but are Tigers that strong in that position?

No real star power
But soldo is a man mountain and his tap work and follow
Up at ground level is very good. Does eff all around the ground.

Nank has missed a lot of footy so nowhere near his best but his follow up work and punishment is still there.

Apr 22, 2007
Bentleigh
AFL Club
Geelong
No real star power
But soldo is a man mountain and his tap work and follow
Up at ground level is very good. Does eff all around the ground.

Nank has missed a lot of footy so nowhere near his best but his follow up work and punishment is still there.
Last 2 games v Collingwood (Grundy) and Eagles (nicNat) been miles behind

Feel can break even Tigers this front

Lsta062

Brownlow Medallist
Jul 15, 2014
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Chelsea, LA Lakers, Western United
2018 Geelong finished 8th on 13-9
2018 Richmond finished 1st on 18-4

2019 Geelong 1st 16-6
2019 Richmond 3rd 16-6

Seems pretty simple to me? Full nuff mode
It’s one of those things you think to yourself as a coach and maybe mention to your players but not state publicly.

I seriously don’t think there is any point to a comment like that whether it is true or not. Why provide a potential spark or motivation to the opposition?

It’s one of those things you think to yourself as a coach and maybe mention to your players but not state publicly.

I seriously don’t think there is any point to a comment like that whether it is true or not. Why provide a potential spark or motivation to the opposition?
I agree with you, I wish he'd just shut up about opposition teams in general

Catsnlakers

Even Hank Moody is in awe of Geelong!
Oct 2, 2016
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
L.A Angels, Anaheim Ducks & M.Stars
FWIW I think it will be close also.

Danger to play FF?

Have you guys been dominating centre clearances? It is our biggest weakness but I thought you guys were in the same boat, albeit some time ago.
We average 6 more clearances over the course of the year in comparison to the Tigers. It serves as our best chance with the even numbers at that time. In turn I actually think we won’t play Danger much at FF at all....With the centre clearances being so vital expect him Kelly & Selwood to be in there more than usual. I suspect FF to be a mix of Rata, & also Ablett ( who will try to get the Vlastuin matchup so he can’t be third man up ).

HolyWars

Premiership Player
Apr 8, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Arsenal, Barcelona, Boca Juniors
Geelong have worked out that a few Richmond players cheat out the back and rely on the surge mentality and teammates winning the ball which is why they found it difficult to score earlier this year. They didn't allow them the space and time to surge forward.

Geelong will strangle them again.

What is this "cheat out the back" business?

Jul 28, 2012
Melbourne, the lost City.
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
QPR, Buffalo Bills
Cmon jack, you’ve been off your boys all year and suddenly you’re back? Should have stuck to your guns mate.
All criticism proved warranted. But it's finals time and no matter what happens when you get to a preliminary it's nothing but victory in mind. Cats will win this easily.

Jul 28, 2012
Melbourne, the lost City.
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
QPR, Buffalo Bills
Back in form or following a clear trend?
Cats had the bye the week after playing the tigers.

This is how they’ve gone since.
B-L-W-L-W-L-W-L-W-L-W-B-L-W-?
All irrelevant at Preliminary final time. Cats will get a nice hit out this week as they win this game going away...

Jan 2, 2013
Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
Would be one of the biggest upsets if the cats get up. AFL want tigers in the granny for the money so expect the frees to be going that way like west coast last week. If cats are close enough at 3 qrt time they are a big show, head says tigers by about 20
So you think the tiger's will win because of the umpires. I think it was mentioned that there was no umpire whinging until after the game

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hawkins uses the Chewbacca defense to try and get off.
Scott tells the public Tigers aren’t as good as last year...have the changerooms been tested for Lead down there?
Whats next?
Ablett and Taylor want to go on next year?

Aug 27, 2009
Perth
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Liverpool
3 premierships players plus Higgins and Stack out, so is the team stronger now or then?
Are you still going with this s**t,..the premiership players are from 2017, its 2019 now champ, we are fortunate to have some of the best depth in the competition by managing to keep all of our Premiership players at the club.

Thing is all the 8 players are now either regulars in the twos or were injured while playing in the twos.

Since we got 6 injured players back over the bye, only Stack would be a big chance to make our top 22, maybe Higgins but he was in the two's as well when his issued arose.

Just accept the facts we are a very different side since we played Geelong when we were 4 or 5 wins behind you and sitting in 9th, we finished on the same wins in the end why, because we got over a third of our top 22 back.

I agree with that and it brings me back to a previous point I made about Scott having worked this out. Two narrow losses last year ... but the difference this year and it was evident in our previous match was the ability of some of those new faces like Miers, Dahlhaus and Atkins to apply the required pressure.

We just didn't have the pressure forwards last year to completely stop that run from defense and ultimate surge through the middle and you were too good for too longer periods.

Yep. And I expect the manic surge game to be the dominant style on Friday night. I'm sure Geelong can stop it. I just don't expect them to. Reckon the Tigers are in top form and the Cats are struggling a bit

Sep 15, 2007
Where i need to be
AFL Club
Geelong
I just think in these pre game previews ( until the game starts ) there should be a limit of 5 posts per poster - which is ample to give your thoughts on the game

How many threads just get totally ruined - 3 or 4 posters just totally saturate it - and it is just utter shiit and a total waste of time reading it
Its posts like these that kill forums. Do not listen to them.

Back