Mega Thread 2019 List Management, Free Agency & Trade thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Feb 11, 2011
pakenham
AFL Club
Fremantle
2) The draft appears to be weak because its diluted so much from NGAs/FSs, but there are definitely teams who will take our 2nd next year for one this year. Dogs are going to need points for next year for example.

3) Chris25 can correct me but from the draft boards, 3-20 is a bit of a stretch. I'd be pretty confident teams will significantly prefer 1 Kemp/Ash/Young to 2 Taylors for example. Bulldogs are another good one here (though they need to convince Saints to take some type of pick 20 deal). Trade with the Dogs could be 12, 42, 45 for 20, 25 and a future 2nd. If the Dogs dont want to give 12 straight for Bruce then I'd do that deal
If the dogs trade their first round for two second picks, they will have enough points for Ugle-Hagan just like Swans did with Blakey.

In saying that we could trade picks 20 and 24 for 12 and 48.

Bring back Drum

Mundy4Hundy
Jul 8, 2019
AFL Club
Fremantle
Masten can go and get f’ed.

We committed to this course of list management. If Freo were going to go out and commit to a mouth breather like Masten we should have kept guys like De Boer and Grey.

Next year is going to be so s**t.
Stop sitting on the fence, tell us what you really think!

If the dogs trade their first round for two second picks, they will have enough points for Ugle-Hagan just like Swans did with Blakey.

I think they have like 3 good FS/NGA prospects next year (Virgin Dog) can confirm. Reckon they'll just about shun this years draft with how young their list is

Aug 23, 2017
Grounded
AFL Club
Fremantle
Masten came from the era where you could be short and didn't need to be able to kick if you could outrun everyone. Not anymore.

Seriously short. Did I mention how short he is?

Taller than Neale, or Crowden, giro actually yes..

Gee I only searched 3... try not to get facts in the way of a story... I tell myself as I read dribble...

Actually he was just a shitte player too much ego not enough grunt and effort.

Bring back Drum

Mundy4Hundy
Jul 8, 2019
AFL Club
Fremantle
If your going to take anyone from up the road, might well get Andy Bradshaw’s brother Hamish. I’m sure he could come in & do anything Masten could do & he’s finally got some continuity now that they’ve sorted his body out.
Racked up some good numbers in the WAFL as well with time on his side.

Could do a package & get Gus & the old man Mark in to run the club. Your go home factor is taken care off because they’re all here.

Sep 22, 2011
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Liverpool FC, Washington Wizards
If your going to take anyone from up the road, might well get Andy Bradshaw’s brother Hamish. I’m sure he could come in & do anything Masten could do & he’s finally got some continuity now that they’ve sorted his body out.
Racked up some good numbers in the WAFL as well with time on his side.

Could do a package & get Gus & the old man Mark in to run the club. Your go home factor is taken care off because they’re all here.

I'm sure Eagles hightly rate Hamish anyway. Definitely a reason why Masten has been pushed. Watching him for WAFL, he's a handy inside player.
Why do we need to look at Hamish, when in actual fact Tom North probably provides a bit more and is mature. Wouldn't mind if he got a chance at a full pre season and can become that inside role player.
Annoys when Freo drop/delist players and recruit similar only just a little younger. Did the same with Grey, De Luca and picked up Bewley, Crowden in the same role.

I cannot believe I'm writing this.........

Chris Masten is officially leaving WCE.

Would there be value in adding him on a 1 year deal? Would offer better depth than we have and an extra mature body would help the youngsters. Surely he's got something he could pass on to the kids?

*feel free to punch me in the face.

Post reported.

Bring back Drum

Mundy4Hundy
Jul 8, 2019
AFL Club
Fremantle
I'm sure Eagles hightly rate Hamish anyway. Definitely a reason why Masten has been pushed. Watching him for WAFL, he's a handy inside player.
Why do we need to look at Hamish, when in actual fact Tom North probably provides a bit more and is mature. Wouldn't mind if he got a chance at a full pre season and can become that inside role player.
Annoys when Freo drop/delist players and recruit similar only just a little younger. Did the same with Grey, De Luca and picked up Bewley, Crowden in the same role.
Fair enough, but have you ever played football with your brother? I have & I was a better player when I did. I like the idea of brothers playing together & we would have a hard edge through the midfield for a decade.
Secondly, if we lose Blakely & Mundy in 12 months, we’re going to need replacements & he is yet to be resigned by WC.

I'm all for exploring the idea of Masten.
Think about it, we loose Hill Langdon and talks of Blackley, go to the draft pick up 3-4 kids. Then having him on the wing for a yr or two be handy.
Would Allow Cerra Brayshaw Valentie I think that's he's last name and others get experience.
Plus he can bring experience and knowledge for the young one's in training.

Post reported.

Didn’t agree with Colyer, wouldn’t agree with Masten - these guys take up a spot on the list.

Much rather we threw a spot to a Sokol or Hibberd.

Purpellian Anchor

Purple Admiralty
Oct 14, 2011
Northam
AFL Club
Fremantle
We could do with a stupidly genius wizard footballer who will make us cheer at the genius, cry at the mistakes or simply laugh at the stupidity...trying to think of examples..Mark Jackson comes to mind....Tobi Green....Ballas was up there...

Superkoops

Norm Smith Medallist
May 7, 2009
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle

What about:
- AFL grant GCS PP 11 instead of PP1
- BHill, 79 >5, 56
- Langdon >20, 75
- 13, 43 >20, 2020 2nd round
- If Blakely has to go - three way trade that gets us either B.Acres or K.McIntosh
- N.Robertson, 2020 4th > 56, 75
- 2020 3rd > Mason Wood
- Upgrade Hughes from Rookie list
- Pick 16 (bid match Liam Henry with 24 and some of 43)
- Receive 49 (left over points from bid match)
- Pick up Ben Sokol (him not nominating for ND) as a free hit in the December SSP draft
Brett Bewley absolutely smashes the pre-season

In:
5 (Lachie Ash), 6 (Sam Flanders), 13 (D. Stephens/D. Robertson), 16 (Liam Henry), 49 (C. Jamieson), M. Wood, K. McIntosh/B. Acres, N. Robertson, B. Sokol (SSP Rookie)

Out:
Langdon, BHill, Blakely, Sandilands, Ballantyne, Bennell, Kersten, Jones, Nyhuis (Rookie)

2020 draft picks
Freo 1st, Freo 4th, Brisb 4th, Freo 5th

Last edited:
Taller than Neale, or Crowden, giro actually yes..

Gee I only searched 3... try not to get facts in the way of a story... I tell myself as I read dribble...

Actually he was just a s**tte player too much ego not enough grunt and effort.
Don't believe that 1.79cm listing. In four inches heels I could easily see the top of his head and I'm five-eight.

george2

Club Legend
Jun 28, 2006
AFL Club
Fremantle
Chances of looking at Sam Murray as a DFA or rookie? Obviously comes with a bit of baggage which i am not too sure that the club would be to keen on though. If Longmuir did end up our coach he would have some insight in to him and the actual happenings of the situation. He would definitely add to our running defenders thats for sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back