A stands for Aunty? New tv deal

Remove this Banner Ad

Apr 12, 2012
AFL Club
GWS
Would love this. They do look after their sport and will get to much more Aussies.

Worries we aren't far off the seasons and independence still hasn't happened.

Interesting that there's more promising of the most extensive marketing campaign in A-league history. We are getting close surely the warm up to that should be happening...

I'm concerned with the 5:15 time slot though. Aside from that, I think it's a much better option to be on ABC (ad free!!) than on a secondary Ten channel.

Meh... The coverage might be better but don’t expect ratings to jump just because it’s on the main ABC channel.

Possibly showing my age here, but the NSL had a bit of a false dawn on ABC as it was in its death roes in the late Sunday slot. The naysayers at the time claimed it was impossible to know if it was actually a success as the ABC was immediately after the C7 "nobody screws soccer like 7" deal - there's probably an element of truth to that - but as C7 folded midway through a season, the ABC found itself in the position of showing the legendary Perth Glory/Wollongong Wolves grand final at Subiaco which, at that time, was the most amazing spectacle I'd ever seen in football.

Meh... The coverage might be better but don’t expect ratings to jump just because it’s on the main ABC channel.
Just throwing this out there but I wonder if ABC would be more watched in, lets say, Canberra and Tassie (as a percentage) than the main cities? Coupled with ABC radio it might be something they've thought of? Now, if it was still Gallop pulling the strings I'd say there's no chance they thought that deep about it.

My other thought is, it's never been more easy to watch the league with online streaming and especially Kayo. If the product isn't advertised then it's not going to matter what platform it's on. E.g. I had no idea the FFA Cup was on last night and would have most definitely went to watch the game at ABD stadium had I known.

My other thought is, it's never been more easy to watch the league with online streaming and especially Kayo. If the product isn't advertised then it's not going to matter what platform it's on. E.g. I had no idea the FFA Cup was on last night and would have most definitely went to watch the game at ABD stadium had I known.
The advertising of the league is deplorable. I had no idea of the FFA games last night if not for Dad saying something and the season starts in 3 weeks, I'm yet to see a single ad anywhere. What are they doing at A-League HQ? I assume there's a marketing department?

I honestly prefer A League on Aunty cause at least they show games on their HD Channel unlike tinpot Channel 10.

The ABC has a surprising rich history of covering soccer in the past, as a kid growing up an playing junior soccer for Ringwood City, I used to enjoy their Division 1/premier League coverage. Gary McAllister was my first boyhood football hero, thats why i started following Leeds.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back