Game Day Collingwood v GWS Giants - Preliminary Finals — Sat 21 Sep, 4:35PM AEST, MCG

Who will Win?

• Collingwood by 30+ pts

Votes: 35 27.1%
  • Collingwood 10-30

Votes: 48 37.2%
  • Collingwood by <10

Votes: 9 7.0%
  • GWS Giants by <10

Votes: 12 9.3%
  • GWS Giants by 10-30

Votes: 14 10.9%
  • GWS Giants by 30+

Votes: 11 8.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Americanpies

Club Legend
May 16, 2016
AFL Club
Collingwood
No Greene, no Whitfield, no ward, no coniglio, probably 4 of their best 5 players. Giants would need a Carlton 99 upset to get up.

And if you saw what Steph Martin did to Mummy... Grundy will absolutely Brutalize him. GWS are going to get smashed in clearances... The only chance they have is if they defend hard and prevent Collingwood from scoring.

Sep 15, 2009
Gippsland
AFL Club
Collingwood
Yep the hawks started their dream run, they than get the listless cats after a bye, than a giants side decimated by injury and suspension. It’s ok though their dream run ends next week.
We have to make next week 1st, but if we do we would be fairly confident of beating the cats again.

Andre the Giant

Norm Smith Medallist
Feb 20, 2012
Melbourne, VIC
AFL Club
GWS
F0EB91B1-AC65-478E-BEF9-14220F3878E9.jpeg

In hindsight, picking up that ancient tiki on that family holiday in Hawaii back in 2013 was probably not a great idea by Leon.

It stuffed up the Brady Bunch and is now messing with the Giants. Re-gift it to Eddie McGuire man.

Sep 15, 2009
Gippsland
AFL Club
Collingwood
I’d be hoping the cats are your opponent as well if I were you.
I couldn't care less who we play next week, if we play next week it means we have won this week.

Geelong at their best are a better team than Richmond at their best, so i would rather play Richmond if i had a choice.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

SuperSteele22

Premiership Player
Nov 6, 2011
AFL Club
Collingwood
FWIW the Giants won’t die wondering. This is the same side that belted the Dogs, who themselves are a very good football side, a fortnight ago. A couple of outs hurt their cause but I won’t be counting my chickens.
Yep. They’re a fearsome side with a tough, well run defence, a talented midfield and a deadly forward line. I said as soon as it became apparent that they’ll be our opponent that if we’re not at our very best we won’t beat them, and the absence of a couple of (albeit very good) players doesn’t change my stance at all.

dook

Team Captain
Aug 17, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Newcastle United, Juventus
FWIW the Giants won’t die wondering. This is the same side that belted the Dogs, who themselves are a very good football side, a fortnight ago. A couple of outs hurt their cause but I won’t be counting my chickens.
Yup. Keep a lid on it. They had a lot of outs last time and still smashed us.

Go pies.

AFDogs

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 9, 2014
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
If I was the club I'd be blasting Greene even harder right now. GWS lose some absolute quality. Hard for them to win it from here.

Mar 18, 2013
Melbourne
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
University
Was listening to SEN and Healey goes to Bucks live on air along the lines of, “tell me what your thoughts are to what I am about to tell you. It’s reported that Whitfield is in hospital with appendicitis”. Bucks pauses and says, “not good for Lachie”. Come on Bucks is that the only thing that crossed your mind!
It’s a stupid question to ask. What’s Bucks meant to say?

Pies been given an absolute dream run here starting with the hawks.

To be fair we still had to beat Geelong the best team this year. And tbh, there is no such thing as a dream run. The Giants will still prove a considerable challenge on Saturday. Their talent bats deeper than just Greene and Lachie. We are gonna need our best to win.

Back