List Mgmt. 2019 Trade Thread - Part III

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I feel that Buddy might be at St Kilda next year. Just a feeling. Too many things a lining up.

Buddy in as a FA as a direct replacement for bruce (for pick 12 which is used on b crouch) is an idea I can definately get behind.

We then play membery and king up the ground on the wings, with buddy at chf and resting ruck at FF.

Footskill firsts…

Wilkie Austin Savage
Coffield Carlisle Roberton
Hill Hannebery Billings
Gresham Membrey Lonie
Parker King Battle

Marshall Clark Acres

Ross, Dunstan, Steele, White

Emg Ryder, Sinclair, Long, Geary, Bytel

An interesting angle.
My only comments are that Bytel is potentially the best all round kick on our team.
Ross and Dunstan are shocking by foot and wouldn’t make the emergencies.
Rice is a great kick.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Maybe I’m misunderstanding your post but surely you don’t mean you want to play Marshall, Ryder, King, Bruce and Membrey in the same team?

That’s too tall. We’d get murdered out of our forward 50.
Nah; with that clunking battalion the only time the ball will be coming out of forward 50 will be when the ump's running it back to the centre ;)

Marshalls time off ground during 2019 averaged less than 3 minutes per quarter.

86.2% TOG average in a 120min game = a bit over 4mins per quarter average.

Perhaps the club are (rightly) worried that such a load is unsustainable over the long term?

Especially playing finals- we would want marshall fresh, not spent come september.

Not to mention perhaps marshall could be even MORE of an explosive gun in the ruck with fresher legs (as well as dangerous fwd) if he was playing more like 60-70% TOG in the ruck, 30-20% TOG resting fwd, 20-10% bench?

Last edited:
Buddy in as a FA as a direct replacement for bruce (for pick 12 which is used on b crouch) is an idea I can definately get behind.

We then play membery and king up the ground on the wings, with buddy at chf and resting ruck at FF.
Doesn't Buddy have about 6 years left on his contract?

Doesn't Buddy have about 6 years left on his contract?

Not that long- 2 or 3, ending 2022-23.

Edit: last year is 2022, so 3 more seasons- supposedly the breakdown is:
2020- 1.5mil
2021- 1.4mil
2022- 1mil

If we made the swans eat 900k of that total would we take buddy for 3mill over the next 3 years if we got pick 12 for bruce?

I say yes

Last edited:
Is there a Henry Playfair thread? Why did he leave....?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What are you doing saints fans?

For a brief, fleeting moment yesterday you had the best damned trade thread the world had ever seen.

We are now poorer for its deletion.

that's what i thought!!! what a read!!!!

then you go to post and you get a burning sensation when you type and it never goes away.

thanks Saints BigFooty, could've warned me!

I feel that Buddy might be at St Kilda next year. Just a feeling. Too many things a lining up.

He missed more than half his games with soft tissue issues and was s**t for plenty of his others. He's 32 and on a million dollars a year. Lethers is just trying to send us to Tasmania quicker if he lets the AFL salary dump for the Swans old banged up players.

Probably a stupid thing to say and many will disagree, but if we only got 10 games out of Buddy a season I’d be all for it.

We need someone to put us back on the map because unfortunately we’re that far off it.

If you guaranteed me no off field indiscretions and 10-12 games a season for 3 years I’ll bite your hand off.

We need some PR and a few superstars to take us back to the 05-10 days.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back