News Jnr Rioli - He’s back.

Remove this Banner Ad

As for the timing of asada, and the announcement of the ban.

How many tests do they do each year? And how many positive results ( or tampering) need action?

They might just have these testers going out routinely, and then when something does actually happen, they might be a bit ‘s**t, what do we do now??’

There are provisions that allow for expedited hearings at the request of the defendant, however WCE/Willie have decided that isn't what it is best here. If I was in Willie's shoes, I would want it dealt with sooner rather than later. Dragging it on longer than is necessary is what would have an impact on my mental health and wellbeing.

Only benefit I see is if it goes on until March/April next year they can turn around and say he has already served a 6-7 month suspension through his provisional ban, so should get time served.

Whatever penalty is handed down it will be automatically back dated to September 12 (last Thursday) and it’s highly unlikely that the suspension will be less than the time it takes to reach a decision.

At least while the case is being investigated Rioli can still train at the club which is a small positive because once the suspension is handed down he can’t be at the club

Since the whole Rioli thing i am still in disbelief that it has happened. With Willie likely to experience 2 to 4 year ban I suspect he won't have the motivation to play even after his ban is over.

It is now a question of effective Liam Ryan will be without his sidekick and the fact that we might be less damaging in the forward half.

I just can't help getting the feeling that the onfield performances will suffer as a result, so Adam Simpson's challenge will be to keep his men motivated and focused on 2020.

Since the whole Rioli thing i am still in disbelief that it has happened. With Willie likely to experience 2 to 4 year ban I suspect he won't have the motivation to play even after his ban is over.

It is now a question of effective Liam Ryan will be without his sidekick and the fact that we might be less damaging in the forward half.

I just can't help getting the feeling that the onfield performances will suffer as a result, so Adam Simpson's challenge will be to keep his men motivated and focused on 2020.

I have a feeling we can minimize the damage of not having Rioli for a little while if we use Cameron. Yes, they are different players, and Cameron doesnt have the flashiness of Willie, but I have always thought Cameron fits in our forward line better the Petch (would be interested in hearing a different view on this).

I am going to miss the Jetta/Ryan/Rioli relationship. Best thing that Jetta has brought to WCE (other than elite field kicking) is his leadership of the young Indigenous players.

Jetta looked destroyed after the SF.

ryanjetta.jpeg

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Even if he did have the motivation, it won't happen. You can't come back from 2 years of not playing a single game and being on the tail end of 26.

Even if he did have the motivation, it won't happen. You can't come back from 2 years of not playing a single game and being on the tail end of 26.

It would crush you mentally. How could you retain the hunger to play at the highest level after the sport just spat you out the ass for lil mistake.

I'm down to hoping Willie's legal team find some sort of procedural loophole.

I think he is going to wear 2-4 years out on face value of the released info.

I hope that it will be 18 months. That way it would only be 1 season and 1 preseason. He could start training a month before his ban ends which would mean a return to club via fat camp in February 2021.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back