Preview 2019 preliminary final: Richmond vs Geelong, MCG, Friday 20 September, 7.50pm (AEST)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just because he said he wouldn't doesn't mean he wont.

If Astbury and/or Grimes went down with an injury in the prelim and we won, you don't think there'd be some serious conversations at Punt Rd about Rance returning for the GF.

Don't even think it.

Garth could do a job. After that it's developing kids. We'll be fine. tough guys our backmen.

The Cats have kicked some very low scores over the past three months.
On the many occasions when Hawkins did not trouble the scorer during that period it was Miers & Dangerfield doing the bulk of the scoring.
Need to watch these two !!!:eyes::eyes::eyes::eyes:

Dangerfeldt lol

Here's a question. Do you guys actually enjoy our games? Lol It's become a bit of a painful experience for me and retrospectively I am either happy or sad but during....just hoping. Anxious af.

Ah no. It’s stressful. Enjoyed finals more when we weren’t in them lol

Going off what Scott said yesterday I could only actually find 8 spots for cats players in our best 22 if Rance and Stack are included.

IN: Dangerfield, Selwood, Kelly, Duncan, Hawkins, Stewart, Tuohy & Blicavs
OUT: Ellis, Graham, Caddy, Bolton, George, Short, Broad & Soldo

Henry's unlucky
Dangerfield wouldn't get in the team. He'd fail our no DH policy and Blicavs would fail our no manbun policy.

Here's a question. Do you guys actually enjoy our games? Lol It's become a bit of a painful experience for me and retrospectively I am either happy or sad but during....just hoping. Anxious af.
It's a good question.
On or before game day, I do exercise, just to relax.
Don't drink or smoke anymore so that's the sole outlet.
I don't read or watch any opposition media bs in the lead up.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

In 2017 I felt going in that we were on top of our game. Last year we went into the finals winning but struggling. This year reminds me of 2017. The team has returned to a steely resolve. It's not mentioned in our media bites but internally I get the feeling we are not let this one slip away. Totally comfortable going into this weeks game. All the noise has come out from them. Reeks of desperation. Let this weeks game begin cause I can not wait.

Yes, i love going and i have fun during the game, what's not to enjoy.

These last 3 years have been the best time of my life following Richmond and i dont want it to end, i even had fun during 2016.

It's fun going to the footy knowing you are going to win most weeks, no stress no nothing, just a footy game to look forward too and to catch up with friends.

It's a good question.
On or before game day, I do exercise, just to relax.
Don't drink or smoke anymore so that's the sole outlet.
I don't read or watch any opposition media bs in the lead up.

Nice! Yeah I've never tried exercise before a game. Well no deliberate form of exercise anyway. I might give that a go :)

Yes, i love going and i have fun during the game, what's not to enjoy.

These last 3 years have been the best time of my life following Richmond and i dont want it to end, i even had fun during 2016.

It's fun going to the footy knowing you are going to win most weeks, no stress no nothing, just a footy game to look forward too and to catch up with friends.

Nice mindset! Yeah I know exactly what you're saying in a logical sense it's the the gap between theory and practice for me. I want Richmond to win more than anything, way more than when I used to play footy or any sport for that matter. Obviously it's an exhilarating feeling when we are winning or have just won. I'm just wondering if i'm missing the in-game journey.

Just because he said he wouldn't doesn't mean he wont.

If Astbury and/or Grimes went down with an injury in the prelim and we won, you don't think there'd be some serious conversations at Punt Rd about Rance returning for the GF.
Not match fit and has probably been taking it easy and concentrating on rehab for a full pre-season. I’d stake my left nut they would look to a VFL player before selecting Rance.

Yes when it’s obvious we’re heading for a win. Otherwise it’s a little stressful like when the game is in the balance.

Overall though it’s been an enjoyable three years for us.

Nice mindset! Yeah I know exactly what you're saying in a logical sense it's the the gap between theory and practice for me. I want Richmond to win more than anything, way more than when I used to play footy or any sport for that matter. Obviously it's an exhilarating feeling when we are winning or have just won. I'm just wondering if i'm missing the in-game journey.

I'm actually really chilled nowadays. I expect a full on team performance. if we win that's awesome. But as long as we give it a red hot crack I can take losing. And right now I feel very comfortable that we are in form, on target and the best team in the AFL. So I am just going for the ride and enjoying what comes. Plenty of heartburn and anxiety. but it's a good time or I wouldn't do it.

Don't get me wrong, i used to stress and worry with the best of them but then one day a few years ago i thought to myself after worrying myself sick with stress................

why am i stressing, it's not my contract on the line, i'm not the one facing being delisted if i have a shocking season or two and from that point on i decided to just have fun and be positive because losing is going to hurt the players more than me.

I'm actually really chilled nowadays. I expect a full on team performance. if we win that's awesome. But as long as we give it a red hot crack I can take losing. And right now I feel very comfortable that we are in form, on target and the best team in the AFL. So I am just going for the ride and enjoying what comes. Plenty of heartburn and anxiety. but it's a good time or I wouldn't do it.

Agree with all this. No doubt having the team playing as a team every week and putting in honest performances is awesome, but then I remember the satisfaction the haters will get if we lose. And picture the faces of particularly smug people like Eddie, Dermot, Selwood etc and my blood starts boiling haha
I don't think i'll enjoy Friday night much unless I take steps to alleviate some of the pressure. lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back