Toast Vale Danny Frawley.

Sep 19, 2007
Mornington Peninsula
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Anaheim Ducks, PSV Eindhoven
One hopes Kingston parking inspectors were told to stay away
Sounds like Spud would probably have called them up to catch out all his mates at the funeral.

"Now this is Jim's number plate, and here's Chiefs (get him twice)..."

Sep 25, 2017
AFL Club
St Kilda
Just got here. Crowd really starting to build up. Incredibly emotional just walking the 1km from my car. Such a sad, sad, day.

20190918_164708.jpg

mightymalaka

What we have here is a failure to communicate!
May 7, 2018
Road to Nowhere
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Manchester United
Tis all so very sad!
Gut wrenching to watch.

The world is a much poorer place with Danny's passing!
Loved and admired by so many, yet....Well we all know.........

Had a profound impact on many lives and the type of man
We could all be so very proud of!
Will never be forgotten by the Saints family and the AFL community
In general.With such a heavy heart we say our last goodbye Spud.

Rest easy Captain! May the angels bring you peace! 😢

The problem with medication when you are on it is that you have no idea on how you would be feeling if you stopped taking it . I have been on anti depressants for about 8 years and ive been told by my shrink that i will be on them for the rest of my life . He said once you drop to a level where you need medication to help stay alive then no matter how well you think you are feeling you should never stop taking them . Im actually at a stage where i think i need to increase my meds because more and more im having those suicidal thoughts i have had before . Unfortunately both my shrink and my doctor are away for another couple of months which leaves me in an awkward situation . Yes i could go to another doctor but thats not as easy as it sounds . I cant just go up to a doctor i dont know and open up about how im feeling and my history . It took me about 20 years before i finally opened up to my current doctor . Talking to a strange person about mental issues is very hard , almost impossible in my view . Some people can do it but i certainately cant . The other issue is because i have attempted suicide before with pills , twice , they will not give me an increase unless my shrink oks it . When i get a script i only get enough for two weeks and then i have to go back to the chemist .

So a few weeks ago i had an issue with a few people on this site which made me leave , but i calmed down and came back . What was said shouldnt have got to me like it did , ive had worse on here as we all have at some stage , but with my mental issues im going through currently i just lost it . To be honest it nearly did push me over the edge , it was only due to my caring wife and my friendship with Rabbit58 which saved me . It does show to everyone that you do have to be careful with what you say and how you say it . Because we dont really know each other and we dont know what someones mental state is . This is something that had never occured to me before but hit me like a ton of bricks during that exchange .

So the next time you get in an arguement on here remember that what you say might be the final straw for someone . There is nothing wrong with arguing about an issue but too many times ive seen people start to get personal which is just not on . Remember you might be fine but the other person might not .

Im not saying you should be scared to argue a point with me , im fine with that , i argue with people as much as anyone , but lets leave out the personal attacks , the put downs , and if you cant find common ground then just agree to disagree .

If my back allows im going to try get down to Moorabbin for Dannys memorial . As for what my future holds , well i cant promise anything . For people with mental issues like me its always a day by day situation .

I dont like talking about all this on here as it is a very hard thing to admit to. Now of course i will be worried that people might judge me or be even scared to interact with me . I have talked about my mental issues once before but that was on a thread where a few others also spoke up and probably not many people read it . I will probably regret writing all this by tonight. Its just that when someone you know of does commit suicide and its all over the web and the news then its a constant reminder how close i came before and how long before i try again .

On iPad using BigFooty.com mobile app
Thank you for sharing your story, sending you hugs xx

On way home now. Beers then I'll post some stuff from the day. Didn't think the day would have this effect on me. I've suffered from mental health for 11 years, Wayne Schwass really got the waterworks going when he implored men that are struggling to seek help. I think it was a big wake up call for me. Not saying I don't work on it each and every day of my life, but now I REALLY see the impact my wellbeing has on my loved ones.

RIP Spud. Today was a very emotional day and a beautiful tribute to the legend you became at the mighty Saints.

Sep 15, 2011
AFL Club
St Kilda
On way home now. Beers then I'll post some stuff from the day. Didn't think the day would have this effect on me. I've suffered from mental health for 11 years, Wayne Schwass really got the waterworks going when he implored men that are struggling to seek help. I think it was a big wake up call for me. Not saying I don't work on it each and every day of my life, but now I REALLY see the impact my wellbeing has on my loved ones.

RIP Spud. Today was a very emotional day and a beautiful tribute to the legend you became at the mighty Saints.
Good on you .
Look forward to reading some details about today .
How many attended roughly?

The problem with medication when you are on it is that you have no idea on how you would be feeling if you stopped taking it . I have been on anti depressants for about 8 years and ive been told by my shrink that i will be on them for the rest of my life . He said once you drop to a level where you need medication to help stay alive then no matter how well you think you are feeling you should never stop taking them . Im actually at a stage where i think i need to increase my meds because more and more im having those suicidal thoughts i have had before . Unfortunately both my shrink and my doctor are away for another couple of months which leaves me in an awkward situation . Yes i could go to another doctor but thats not as easy as it sounds . I cant just go up to a doctor i dont know and open up about how im feeling and my history . It took me about 20 years before i finally opened up to my current doctor . Talking to a strange person about mental issues is very hard , almost impossible in my view . Some people can do it but i certainately cant . The other issue is because i have attempted suicide before with pills , twice , they will not give me an increase unless my shrink oks it . When i get a script i only get enough for two weeks and then i have to go back to the chemist .

So a few weeks ago i had an issue with a few people on this site which made me leave , but i calmed down and came back . What was said shouldnt have got to me like it did , ive had worse on here as we all have at some stage , but with my mental issues im going through currently i just lost it . To be honest it nearly did push me over the edge , it was only due to my caring wife and my friendship with Rabbit58 which saved me . It does show to everyone that you do have to be careful with what you say and how you say it . Because we dont really know each other and we dont know what someones mental state is . This is something that had never occured to me before but hit me like a ton of bricks during that exchange .

So the next time you get in an arguement on here remember that what you say might be the final straw for someone . There is nothing wrong with arguing about an issue but too many times ive seen people start to get personal which is just not on . Remember you might be fine but the other person might not .

Im not saying you should be scared to argue a point with me , im fine with that , i argue with people as much as anyone , but lets leave out the personal attacks , the put downs , and if you cant find common ground then just agree to disagree .

If my back allows im going to try get down to Moorabbin for Dannys memorial . As for what my future holds , well i cant promise anything . For people with mental issues like me its always a day by day situation .

I dont like talking about all this on here as it is a very hard thing to admit to. Now of course i will be worried that people might judge me or be even scared to interact with me . I have talked about my mental issues once before but that was on a thread where a few others also spoke up and probably not many people read it . I will probably regret writing all this by tonight. Its just that when someone you know of does commit suicide and its all over the web and the news then its a constant reminder how close i came before and how long before i try again .

On iPad using BigFooty.com mobile app

Wow BT that’s no good mate. Hope you’ve picked up a bit. Plenty more tipping comps to take out yet mate.
Take care of yourself.

Not sure if its meant for this thread but there was pictures of Richo on 7 news wearing his saints tie today. Thought that was a class act.
Yes I ran into him on the way to the ground. He was walking with Matt Finnis, mentioned he just had a trip to the Gold Coast. Lucky bugger.

Some players came back to the club after the service which was nice, notably Nick Hind who stayed to chat with the kids.

Neil Roberts, Tony Lockett, Lethers Ratts and the usual crew all there.

Really was a proud moment for me seeing so many of us band together.

Jan 10, 2011
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Ormond AFC
Just got home. Great day probably isn’t the right words. Proud day. So many ex sainters and players from other clubs at the ground. He was obviously so loved. Snuck in for a few drinks and whilst it didn’t feel right I just wanted to celebrate his life. Looks like a big night coming up for a few people. Spud would love that.

Swatta was great.

Yes I ran into him on the way to the ground. He was walking with Matt Finnis, mentioned he just had a trip to the Gold Coast. Lucky bugger.

Some players came back to the club after the service which was nice, notably Nick Hind who stayed to chat with the kids.

Neil Roberts, Tony Lockett, Lethers Ratts and the usual crew all there.

Really was a proud moment for me seeing so many of us band together.

On 7 they crossed to the ground during the news and it looked like the Social was rammed. Im guessing quite a few from the service at the town hall and those at the ground were mingling.

If there's anything good to come from his passing is mental health has been firmly put on everyone's radars and it's not going to go away in time soon.

Swatta was great.

On 7 they crossed to the ground during the news and it looked like the Social was rammed. Im guessing quite a few from the service at the town hall and those at the ground were mingling.
Yes very open nobody being a bellend and asking for signatures or pictures, just everyone enjoying each others company.

Jan 10, 2011
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Ormond AFC
Swatta was great.

If there's anything good to come from his passing is mental health has been firmly put on everyone's radars and it's not going to go away in time soon.
They had an area out the front of the social club for invited guests

Yes very open nobody being a bellend and asking for signatures or pictures, just everyone enjoying each others company.
I think that's what we do well as a city in general. Both the general public and celebrities can be in each others company and there won't be the pestering and that paparazzi element.

Back