Review 2019 AFL National Draft

Remove this Banner Ad

Apr 24, 2013
Arden Street Hill
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Essendon Lawn Bowls Club
Lot of good Vic options early with Ash, Serong,Flanders, Kemp (obviously Rowell and Anderson and Young but those 3 will be top 4)

Would want one of them

Taking the shotgun approach for a change?

I couldn't make it through the day without your "expertise"

Jun 9, 2001
Fogarty Street
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
St Johnstone

Crikey ffs..

Here we got dicking about again then.

5+ years of smokescreens, Mickey Mouse academies and points rating schemes from the league just to allow Sydney to retain their right to take free hits at anyone with a modicum of talent who happens to backpack through their state.

Want more NSW and Qld players nurtured into the system? Bring back the scholarship scheme. Clubs will hunt high and low for the next Taylor Walker knowing they'll get reward for effort. Or allow clubs to list 4-5 NSW/QLD players as Cat B outside the main list, they'll all pull the finger pretty quick and make sure that's worth their time if you did.

Or just continue the current rort that advantages 4 clubs and shoves it squarely back up the rest.

Crikey ffs..

Here we got dicking about again then.

5+ years of smokescreens, Mickey Mouse academies and points rating schemes from the league just to allow Sydney to retain their right to take free hits at anyone with a modicum of talent who happens to backpack through their state.

Want more NSW and Qld players nurtured into the system? Bring back the scholarship scheme. Clubs will hunt high and low for the next Taylor Walker knowing they'll get reward for effort. Or allow clubs to list 4-5 NSW/QLD players as Cat B outside the main list, they'll all pull the finger pretty quick and make sure that's worth their time if you did.

Or just continue the current rort that advantages 4 clubs and shoves it squarely back up the rest.

Just invest in grass roots yoof footy in country NSW ffs!!!

Sam Flanders is apparently BFNAAK. Whole family are mad North fans.

Some FB comments:

"he’s a north supporter for the record.

Had a huge Elimination final 27 touches - 4 Goals, 16 Contested possessions, 9 Clearances. This game moved him up the draft rankings"

Next post:

" 4 goals in 12 minutes that day, then the next two centre clearances, first one resulted in a goal. 149 ranking points, next best that day Rowell on 88. I’m biased though as I’m his uncle. His family are mad north fans."

Mar 23, 2001
Forever Death riding *
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Wildcats/Pacers/Chelsea/Scorchers

Some FB comments:

Had a huge Elimination final 27 touches - 4 Goals, 16 Contested possessions, 9 Clearances. This game moved him up the draft rankings"

Next post:

" 4 goals in 12 minutes that day, then the next two centre clearances, first one resulted in a goal. 149 ranking points, next best that day Rowell on 88. I’m biased though as I’m his uncle. His family are mad north fans."
Flanders and Jackson

(sounds like dodgy Class Action Solicitors)

Egga

Cancelled
North Melbourne - 2018 Luke Davies-Uniacke and Paul Ahern Player Sponsor North Melbourne - 2016 Daw & Anderson Player Sponsor North Melbourne - 2015 Daw & MacMillan Player Sponsor North Melbourne - 2014 Daw, Black, Gibson Player Sponsor North Melbourne - 2013 Daw, Black and Gibson Player Sponsorship
Nov 10, 2009
AFL Club
North Melbourne

Some FB comments:

Next post:

Reminds me of watching Hugh McLuggage play U/18.
We used to joke, Q: “What’s Hugh doing in the forward line?”
A: “Whatever he wants!”

Q: “What’s Hugh doing in the middle?”
A: “Whatever he wants!”

Etc.

That game from Flanders sounds pretty much the same.

Some FB comments:

Next post:

Which group on FB, GR?

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Apr 17, 2007
melb home of the kangas
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
hellas,liverpool,storm,au

Some FB comments:

Next post:

Have we ever picked up a north fan that has turned into a good player.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Jun 9, 2001
Fogarty Street
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
St Johnstone
Have we ever picked up a north fan that has turned into a good player.

BFNAAK NMFC Player Hall of Fame

Ben Cunnington (with caveats as per Tef)
Luke McDonald
John Longmire
Brett Allison, Mick Martyn (assumedly)

BFNAAK NMFC Player Hall of Shame

Jonathan Hay
Mark Porter

Edit: He we shall not name probably qualifies for both lists

Last edited:

Some FB comments:

Next post:

From the same post.

" North love Sam Flanders with first pick if still available."

Not sure he'll survive till our pick.

Sep 21, 2008
Vic
AFL Club
North Melbourne
From the same post.

" North love Sam Flanders with first pick if still available."

Not sure he'll survive till our pick.

He is a winner and a leader.

I honestly reckon it’s a two horse race between him & Anderson as to who will be the biggest game breaker in this draft.

Rowell will be the less damaging, but more consistent type.

BFNAAK NMFC Player Hall of Fame

Ben Cunnington (with caveats as per Tef)
Luke McDonald
John Longmire
Brett Allison, Mick Martyn (assumedly)

BFNAAK NMFC Player Hall of Shame

Jonathan Hay
Mark Porter

Edit: He we shall not name probably qualifies for both lists

Mitch Hibberd like this.

Apr 24, 2013
Arden Street Hill
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Essendon Lawn Bowls Club
Apr 24, 2013
Arden Street Hill
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Essendon Lawn Bowls Club
If we can get another first rounder, we can get Gould.

Supercoach warning

Mate, if this Gaff thing were to happen for pick 7, then I'd hope the club would bundle up pick 25 as well for WCE's pick 14 in return, so we could get Gould.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back