Teams Miami Dolphins - The Fins

Sep 6, 2005
AFL Club
Fremantle
#fakenews

Safety/cornerback Minkah Fitzpatrick said his role against the visiting Patriots this week will be different than the previous week, when he played 12 snaps at slot cornerback, four at boundary cornerback, seven on the defensive line (in an edge role) and 26 snaps in the box, as a linebacker.

“We had discussions on a different role,” he said, adding this role likely would change again for the Dallas game in Week 3.

Is he at peace with all of this?

“Just got to do my job,” he said.

He said his role changing week to week was the plan all along, not the byproduct of Sunday’s defensive meltdown. For competitive reasons, he obviously cannot discuss his new role.

~~

The Dolphins could consider moving Kenyan Drake before the trade deadline.

Drake and Fitzpatrick both said Wednesday that they have not requested trades.

Sep 6, 2005
AFL Club
Fremantle
The OL and offense in general was hardly impressive. However considering we traded our most valuable player (Tunsil) our supposed #1 WR, didn't resign our best RB it was not PUTRID.

Our OL with a bunch of rookies and guys who just arrived didn't look any worse than last year...seriously I know, it hurts to admit it. Fitzpatrick was Fitzpatrick not terrible.

It is the DEFENSE, holy moly they are bad.....

The DEFENSE, where #1 pick well didn't impress, our #1 last year seems to be spending too much time on South Beach.....this was where 59 points comes. Bobby McCain as a safety is shockingly bad in his angles and coverages. Our 17 Million man (Jones) was not much better.

Who would have thought...

Sep 6, 2005
AFL Club
Fremantle

Ok so to give you guys a quick overview (but I really suggest listening yourself as well):

Minkah's issue is he has an all time work ethic mentality. We are talking about someone who lives breathes and eats football. He doesn't really party or spend time away from the game. Including offseason.

He wants to be a hall of fame player and he has a goal of being the greatest Miami Dolphin ever. I think its important to know this is his mindset and makeup. He studies film relentlessly and has been this way predating even his high school years.

He got frustrated with last year's coaching staff because he sees it like this. Let me focus on becoming the best player in the league at this spot first then after I have grown start to put more on my plate. The last staff denied him that theb Flores and Co. Come into town and essentially it's more of the same but worse.

Flores wants him to cover the deficinlences of the group and play him in different spots weekly, per series, or even per play. Minkah sees this as not allowing him the opportunity to truly be prepared and he thinks it tarnishes his view from the outside because he wants the league to understand the type of player he us when he plays the way he can after being prepared.

He is willing to play any position as long as it's a primary role so he can become great. But his preference is corner. Boundary corner according to his friend. Who mentioned he liked when X was out last year how he got the opportunity to cover other teams number 1s.

At the end of the day shipping Fitzpatrick out seems to me like we are creating another hole. Why not allow him to play one position (Xavien Howard is allotted that luxury as is many other players. If you have a highly talented, Highly motivated, slot or boundary corner who has the ability to blossom into a top level player why not allow that to happen then and in year 2 or 3 you will have the rest the roster filled out with him happy and as a building block for the future.

Last point Minkahs friend mentioned how Fitzpatrick was told face to face from Brian Floreals that "I will not disrespect the game" in regards to tanking or not trying to field a good team. He feels now after the trades etc that he was lied to.

Sep 6, 2005
AFL Club
Fremantle
If the Dolphins were asking him to do something no one else does, he might have a point. The fact is, many of his contemporaries are doing it(some better than him) and if he has this “all time work ethic” he should be able to cope. Tackling doesn’t change no matter what role you’re playing.

Minkah should shut the f**k up and play where the coaches play him. What the hell is this nonsense where a 22 year old new to the league tells coaches where he should or shouldn’t play. This is ridiculous

The Miami DC also confirmed they game-planned the Ravens entirely to stop the run....

-=================-

Brian Flores' Tenure in Miami Could End Sooner Than Expected
gettyimages-1171028328.jpg

By: Brian Giuffra
September 10, 2019 3:30 pm ET

One game doesn’t make or break an NFL head coach, and it certainly shouldn’t lead to his immediate firing. But Brian Flores may have lost the Dolphins locker room after one game, and if that is indeed the case, which it certainly sounds like it is based on multiple reports, he could already be a dead coach walking.

In the span of a few hours on a sunny Sunday afternoon in Miami, Flores’ ability as a head coach was called into question and his players outwardly quit on him. Flores’ gameplan to challenge Lamar Jackson to throw it deep on his squad by playing without safety help over the top backfired tremendously, and Jackson torched Flores for that decision, exploding for 324 yards and five touchdowns. That Jackson needed only 17 competitions to reach those gaudy numbers speaks to the ease with which Jackson converted deep throws, all against a gameplan Flores had all offseason to work on.

Somehow the aftermath of the Dolphins’ 59-10 loss to the Baltimore Ravens was even worse.

ProFootballTalk reported that multiple players reached out to their agents after the game and expressed their interest in being traded. Armando Salguero of the Miami Herald later confirmed that report, saying more specifically three players expressed that desire. In both reports it stated players were upset with Flores’ game plan and questioned Miami’s desire to win this year, with some speculating they’re already playing out the string for the best draft pick possible in next year’s draft (hello, Tua!).

While Dolphins GM Chris Grier must shoulder most of the blame for this roster, and likely should also be canned (if the Dolphins desire is to compete and not tank), the fact remains that when players start questioning a coach’s gameplan and strategy, it never ends well. A coach-player relationship is predicated on trust– trust that the coach will put the player in the best position possible to succeed and trust from that coach that the player will perform in the moment. When that trust is broken, which seems to have happened already based on these reports, it’s nearly impossible to get it back.

Of course, that doesn’t automatically mean Flores should be fired. If anyone should go first, it’s probably Grier. But the NFL is also a tight-knit fraternity, and while the talent level in Miami isn’t high right now, word travels fast around the league. If players are saying these things after one game, there’s a good chance the chorus will grow louder and Flores may not be able to drown out the noise completely in Miami next year or moving forward. If that’s true, or if the Dolphins believe it’s true, he’s likely going to be a one-year hire.

Flores earned this position after working on the Patriots’ staff for 15 years. He learned from Bill Belichick and earned other head coaching interviews before landing with the Dolphins last year.

The former Boston College linebacker did it all the hard way, moving up from scouting assistant to scout to special teams assistant to stints as a coach for different defensive positions. While one game doesn’t take all of that away, and while one game doesn’t rest on his shoulder alone, coaches often have to shoulder the blame, and it seems in Miami that blame is being put (unfairly) on the coach. It may already be too late to save him.

I don't reckon it was actually that bad a gameplan, I mean look at what happened the last time a team did it to Jackson (chargers in the playoffs)....the problem being that Flores doesn't even have the players/roster good enough to stop the run, Ingram ran all over them 😂

Sep 6, 2005
AFL Club
Fremantle
CBS Sports' Jason La Canfora reports the Dolphins' trade of DB Minkah Fitzpatrick is "likely to be wrapped up" at some point Tuesday.
Take it for what it's worth, but La Canfora mentions the Redskins, Cowboys, Chiefs, Steelers, Eagles, and Seahawks as teams buzzing on Fitzpatrick. JLC adds the Dolphins are expected to get a first-round pick back in return for the 22-year-old 2018 first-round pick. Fitzpatrick can definitely be a difference-making asset wherever he lands.
SOURCE: Jason La Canfora on Twitter
Sep 16, 2019, 8:02 PM ET

Sep 6, 2005
AFL Club
Fremantle
i think the point is all these players being traded are soft, and/or arent bought in with Flores, and/or etc, they want out, and we're obliging them, getting utmost draft stock we can, and looking to build a team that buys into Flores, is committed to Miami, willing to turn this franchise around by establishing a new culture, rookies with leadership skills, and with veteran leaders willing to hang around too.

basically, weeding them out, suffering now, but with a clear philosophy/culture in mind for the long haul.

i think the point is all these players being traded are soft, and/or arent bought in with Flores, and/or etc, they want out, and we're obliging them, getting utmost draft stock we can, and looking to build a team that buys into Flores, is committed to Miami, willing to turn this franchise around by establishing a new culture, rookies with leadership skills, and with veteran leaders willing to hang around too.

basically, weeding them out, suffering now, but with a clear philosophy/culture in mind for the long haul.

Couldn't agree more. Most players in the second year of their rookie contract are just happy to be in the NFL. Alarm bells already ringing when a player this new wants to get out already. Mentally soft. Only wants be associated with a winning franchise. Hasn't even earnt his stripes to demand trades imo.

Dolphins need to get a Dorsey type of GM in the building tho, one with a proven draft history, can't waste these 2020/21 picks with someone who doesn't know what they're doing.

Last edited:
Sep 6, 2005
AFL Club
Fremantle
Couldn't agree more. Most players in the second year of their rookie contract are just happy to be in the NFL. Alarm bells already ringing when a player this new wants to get out already. Mentally soft. Only wants be associated with a winning franchise. Hasn't even earnt his stripes to demand trades imo.
Not surprising Bama players. They cant deal with adversity, need stacked rosters to look good, etc.
Dolphins need to get a Dorsey type of GM in the building tho, one with a proven draft history, can't waste these 2020/21 picks with someone who doesn't know what their doing.
Yep, and it might happen

lol Tunsil "Laremy walked into my office and said : I'd trade me for that"

Wonder if he told BOB how ripped off he was in that trade when he got to Houston 😂

It's an interesting thought about QB....what do they do?

Do they dare draft one in the first round in each of the next two drafts?

So many options...

can't see how they win a game.

Will go 0-16 like the 2008 Lions who then drafted a franchise qb at pick 1.

He has lead them to 0 playoff wins.

Sent from my SM-A505YN using Tapatalk

Back