Opinion Unpopular opinions

Remove this Banner Ad

Climate change denial and wanting to donate everything to farmers.

They are often put forward by the same people, yet they can't join the dots?
When the Media use the term 'farmers' who are they exactly referring to...
Always hear that term used when the Public are asked to donate money to help them...those 'farmers'...

Always hear that term used when the Public are asked to donate money to help them...those 'farmers'...

Just some good ol' fair dinkum Aussie boys putting food on our tables doin' it tough in totally unrelated extreme environmental conditions .

Farmers the money goes to are probably the same ones that receive generous amounts of water in dodgy deals thanks to a couple of decent frauds in suits residing in Canberra ;)

I live in Geraldton.
My mate and I were talking about expansion teams and he, seriously, said we should have a team here.
I didn’t even bother to argue because I thought it was so ludicrous.
But it seems there’s more than one who thought of it, so who knows??
2043, and the Geraldton Bungarras play their first AFL match 😎

I’d love to see it 20 years earlier, Philth.

The entire north of the country gets very little in return for the wealth that flows out.

We spend billions up there annually on the repercussions of too many people feeling like they have no pathway in life, nothing to live for and no future to be excited about.

Far better to invest in creating pathways and bringing communities together than building more prisons IMO.

$10 mil covers the cost of housing roughly 30 people serving a custodial sentence. In regions where we’re seeing a steady increase in the number of people requiring ‘correction’, to me it makes a lot of sense to start tackling the problem at the childhood end of the scale.

Local AFL clubs make a hell of a lot of economic sense in this context.

I like Adam Treloar.
I think his openess about his mental health struggles have been honest and refreshing.
I hated when he rubbed Cotch's hair after they beat us one game but i put it down to white line fever.
I also thought he was taken out of context with the "Collingwood have a better list" thing.

Agreed, tug, that recent doco made it much harder to dislike the current incarnation of Collingwood.

Treloar’s contribution was excellent I thought, really genuine and just the sort of thing other young players need to hear and understand.

Football’s done a lot of growing up in the last couple of decades, more than I would have believed possible back at the turn of the century.

Its like the climate extremists trying to link the current QLD fires to climate change. Absurd.
A killer combo of extreme weather conditions (man made or not) and a couple of centuries of lacking respect for our First Nations people is probably the closest thing to the true reason for those fires.

The climate changes ... has always gone in cycles.
Pollution is bad and man made, very sad that this till goes on.

People/governing bodies/scientist CANNOT control the weather ... they can only claim to .. but they cannot

Come at me !!!!!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Agreed, tug, that recent doco made it much harder to dislike the current incarnation of Collingwood.

Treloar’s contribution was excellent I thought, really genuine and just the sort of thing other young players need to hear and understand.

Football’s done a lot of growing up in the last couple of decades, more than I would have believed possible back at the turn of the century.
You don't post enough mate. Good to see you back.

More like arsonists
You can light anything on fire, doesn’t mean it becomes an out of control bushfire. More complex than that.

Hell the reason the arsonist lights the fire could be tied to the two same facts.

Both big causes for a lot of anxiety and sadness in the world.

The climate changes ... has always gone in cycles.
Pollution is bad and man made, very sad that this till goes on.

People/governing bodies/scientist CANNOT control the weather ... they can only claim to .. but they cannot

Come at me !!!!!
I agree. Climate change may or may not be affected by mans actions that’s up for debate (sources point to ya contributing 😉).

But too much media and gov attention pointed at the shitfight if he did it she did it re climate change and it distracts from the real indisputable facts:

-pollution is killing the earth and us
-extreme weather conditions are becoming more common and we need to develop resilient systems to deal with the reality of it.

I agree. Climate change may or may not be affected by mans actions that’s up for debate (sources point to ya contributing 😉).

But too much media and gov attention pointed at the s**tfight if he did it she did it re climate change and it distracts from the real indisputable facts:

-pollution is killing the earth and us
-extreme weather conditions are becoming more common and we need to develop resilient systems to deal with the reality of it.

Earth will be fine. Just killing ourselves.

You can light anything on fire, doesn’t mean it becomes an out of control bushfire. More complex than that.

Hell the reason the arsonist lights the fire could be tied to the two same facts.

Both big causes for a lot of anxiety and sadness in the world.
Its not the first out of control bushfire up there and wont be the last.

Its not the first out of control bushfire up there and wont be the last.
Exactly... due to the way we’ve been living. Better methods for living holistically with the landscape and managing it that the Brits could’ve picked up a few details on before wiping the land clean of most of the folks who have shared that knowledge for generations.

But the reality of it is we are living with extreme weather... so why no put our resources into developing dynamic systems that are resilient? No point wasting time throwing stones about who or what causes climate change 😎

Remove this Banner Ad

Back