Banter Remember to use the code "CATS" to ensure you get Prelim tickets.

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't regret my decision. You can have your three flags, you lot are never happy unless you're constantly dominating anyway. Most entitled fanbase in the league.
Nah it's just that our coach is a sook and many of our fans are just super entitled because of the last 15 or so years. Geelong was purely awesome in that 2007 to 2011 period. Most of us are pretty cool but like any club, you get branded a certain way and then a vocal minority get plucked out for any old argument and it continues to perpetuate whatever the stereotype is.

When I see the sooking about where we play finals it makes me cringe as much as anyone else. The AFL has weird rules about this type of stuff but no amount of crying will change it so I don't know why people bother.

I would rather follow a team and coach that never whinge or have a victim mentality.
A team and coach that compliment other teams are humble and don't have that my s**t doesn't stink approach.
I feel for Geelong supporters having to listen that muppet Scott he isn't going your club any favours and is a total embarrassment.
yeah cool except if you change AFL teams after you leave primary school you have no sack

Would rather watch my team compete for flags then wallow at the bottom of the ladder to be fair, otherwise what is the point of following the sport?

People bang on about flags (which are f*n awesome) but if thats all anyone cared about then the sport would die out. It's been great being a Geelong supporter and funnily enough if Mum had her way I'd be a fellow tugger :sick:

I can forgive your losses in 1989, 1992 and 1994 because Hawthorn and West Coast had good sides at the time but losing to Carlton by 10 goals in 1995 - that's pathetic. We could have done that if you'd given us the chance!

Nah it's just that our coach is a sook and many of our fans are just super entitled because of the last 15 or so years. Geelong was purely awesome in that 2007 to 2011 period. Most of us are pretty cool but like any club, you get branded a certain way and then a vocal minority get plucked out for any old argument and it continues to perpetuate whatever the stereotype is.

When I see the sooking about where we play finals it makes me cringe as much as anyone else. The AFL has weird rules about this type of stuff but no amount of crying will change it so I don't know why people bother.
I don't know how many times I've said this recently.

You guys need to make up your minds, you keep telling my colonial era results are relevant but between breaths you're telling me results from more recent history are not relevant. Geelong holds a 43W 9L record over the Tugs since the AFL era began. That's very damning, you guys are our bitches and have been for a very, very long time.

inb4 BuT but BuT tHe PrE-wAr ReSuLtS
63608AAE-5C0B-48F4-AB38-A00F4C242928.gif

More irrelevant 1920's talk. What is it with you tuggers and the ancient past? Sure, you had 37 years of absoloute garbage football. You had a lucky year in 2017 and now you're 2 years into your next 37 year plan.

I suppose the heavy interest in pre-war pennants is validated for you lot then.

Not my fault you guys didn’t win a flag for 44 years and before 1995 we bitched you in a grand final in ‘67.
44>>>>>37 handbag boy. And our flag wasn’t drug tainted like your last 3.
And aren’t you the club trying to (sfellow) get VFA flags counted just so you can pretend to be up there with the big clubs?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not my fault you guys didn’t win a flag for 44 years and before 1995 we bitched you in a grand final in ‘67.
44>>>>>37 handbag boy. And our flag wasn’t drug tainted like your last 3.
And aren’t you the club trying to (sfellow) get VFA flags counted just so you can pretend to be up there with the big clubs?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
stop it, he's already dead

Its going to be fun watching the Dad's army of geelong at the end of the siren coming to the realisation that they are no longer good enough and have missed probably their last opportunity to win a flag. With so many old players in their team that wont be getting any better and probably 2-3 retiring after this game and will be in a total rebuild in 2 years they will be exactly where Hawks are and thats stuck between 7-12 for a long while.

Martin , Cotchin , Prestia , Edwards , Caddy , Grimes , Vlastuin , Houli , Riewoldt , Lynch , Rioli , Lambert , Astbury

We have way too much talent class and leadership to let this game slip.

Just a matter of how much we win by - 44 points

(Log in to remove this ad.)

More irrelevant 1920's talk. What is it with you tuggers and the ancient past? Sure, you had 37 years of absoloute garbage football. You had a lucky year in 2017 and now you're 2 years into your next 37 year plan.

I suppose the heavy interest in pre-war pennants is validated for you lot then.
But at least we're only focussed on games AFTER 1900!!!

AFL allows clubs to include VFA flags in their own VFL-AFL premiership records
GEELONG has lost its bid to change the VFL-AFL premiership tallies to include VFA flags won before 1897. But the Cats can still celebrate their own historic premierships.

😂 😂 😂

But at least we're only focussed on games AFTER 1900!!!

AFL allows clubs to include VFA flags in their own VFL-AFL premiership records
GEELONG has lost its bid to change the VFL-AFL premiership tallies to include VFA flags won before 1897. But the Cats can still celebrate their own historic premierships.

😂 😂 😂
lol

2017 was a QF final. Cats are 1-0 when it matters AKA knock out finals. Bout to go 2-0
What a stupid statement. Why is it afl finals only? I see you’ve blocked 1967 out of your head too. Guess who beat Geelong in the grand final that year??? 1-1 when it matters and if Richmond win its 2-1

Last edited:
Ah yes all those finals wins in the 1920s and 1930s surely have a bearing on this result. Geelong is 1-0 against the Tigers in cutthroat finals since the AFL began. Cats win when it matters.
Wojinski: It’s only afl flags that matter
Also Wojinski; Geelong’s VFA flags definitely count and this should Be reflected in their premiership tally

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back