2nds 2019 Finals - GF vs the Palindromes (sadly not the Little Teds)

Magus

Cancelled
10k Posts Bring Back the Bars
Dec 31, 2013
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Dallas Mavericks
When did Glenelg adopt that almost-Carlton monogram?

May 26, 2017
Uruguayana, RS (BRA)
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Grêmio, DC United, Pistons
Hopefully he's a sleeper agent. I want to see him rip off his Glenelg guernsey to reveal a Port one WWE style and bomb a goal for us.
It would be a deliberate behind.

Both clubs, was Koch referring to Port and the Bay's?

I think the outrage is about the fact that we won the AFL premiership 15 years ago.

He was clearly talking in a SANFL context so nothing wrong in my eyes.

I think the outrage is about the fact that we won the AFL premiership 15 years ago.

He was clearly talking in a SANFL context so nothing wrong in my eyes.

People are now just getting outraged over every little thing.

People are now just getting outraged over every little thing.

I'm OUTRAGED. Seriously, even though we expect a well polished presenter like David to be 100% on, sometimes people slip up. Life goes on.

davo999

Club Legend
Nov 5, 2009
Aldinga Beach
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Full marks to the players this year , they seem passionate about the team and it’s more than just a reserves team .
Pity Pudney can’t play , I assume Frederick will come in for Johnson ,
We need a big game from Frampton and Marshall . Trengove and Mayes , McKenzie, Hewitt and Garner , those Glenelg forwards are pretty dangerous and we lack a little height back there.
I guess we’ll have to try and slow down their midfield. .
Hopefully Cox and Woodcock can add a few goals each .
Be a great effort if we win , I’m not holding my breath but I’m hopeful

The SANFL finals series is such horseshit. We finished top 3. We beat both of the other top 3 teams in finals. Why aren't we already premiers?

If Glenelg beat us on the weekend, it doesn't make them better than us. It means we're 1-1.

Agree but it tends to happen when a club is an utter failure for well over a decade.

How you respond to things is the only choice you actually have.

kgerlach01

Team Captain
Dec 29, 2014
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
The SANFL finals series is such horses**t. We finished top 3. We beat both of the other top 3 teams in finals. Why aren't we already premiers?

If Glenelg beat us on the weekend, it doesn't make them better than us. It means we're 1-1.

Jesus really? Sound like a Liverpool supporter when they're top in December.

Jun 12, 2012
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
The SANFL finals series is such horses**t. We finished top 3. We beat both of the other top 3 teams in finals. Why aren't we already premiers?

The same thing happens in the AFL.

In 2015 Hawthorn lost their Qualifying Final to West Coast before beating them in the Grand Final. Losing the first game just means you go the long way around to the Granny and if you win it after doing that then more power to you.

Oct 7, 2005
Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Are there other teams?

And we would have to hand back about a dozen SANFL flags.

Apr 13, 2006
The Bitter End
AFL Club
Port Adelaide

Lol. This whinge is off the top shelf Schulzy. Do we give back all those flags we won when didn't finish top or lost the second semi final?

Lol. This whinge is off the top shelf Schulzy. Do we give back all those flags we won when didn't finish top or lost the second semi final?

Clearly that’s not what he means.

Schulzenfest has recently spent a week at a snaffle think tank where it was agreed for the 18th straight season to just change the rules to suit you or your desired outcome.

Unfortunately schulzy was having a pee when they voted on including pOrts in the deal.

This isn't just a Port thing. I had the same complaint last year when West Coast had to beat Collingwood twice, the second time being on Collingwood's home ground. If Collingwood had won that game it would've been grossly unfair on the Eagles.

If the almighty dollar wasn't so paramount we could just have a knockout finals system like every other major sporting league in the world. I'm not a fan of 'double chances' in finals in general.

Sep 3, 2002
Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
This isn't just a Port thing. I had the same complaint last year when West Coast had to beat Collingwood twice, the second time being on Collingwood's home ground. If Collingwood had won that game it would've been grossly unfair on the Eagles.

If the almighty dollar wasn't so paramount we could just have a knockout finals system like every other major sporting league in the world. I'm not a fan of 'double chances' in finals in general.
I'd go something like below, assuming top ranked side always wins in games. Knock out for progression, plus follow up finals for final placings.

Week 1
1v8 (to give top an advantage)
2v7
3v6
4v5

Week 2
Top ranked side plays bottom ranked remaining side.
1v4 - Preliminary final 1
2v3 - Preliminary final 2

Week 3
Week 2 teams get week off

7v8 - winner gets the better draft pick as well as cash - determine who finishes 7/8
5v6 - winner gets the better draft pick as well as cash - determine who finishes 5/6

Week 4
3v4 - winner gets the better draft pick as well as cash - determine who finishes 3/4
1v 2 - GF

So assuming top ranked sides win the draft order for first round (rinse and repeat for subsequent ones) would be
18 - 9

This makes it more like tennis and other sports where the losers of semi finals play off for third place etc. The draft pick swaps are required to incentivise the clubs, whilst the prize money is there for the players.

The fact 3 of the latter finals aren't for a chance at the flag is mitigated for viewing rights by there is now 1 extra final played.

I'm OUTRAGED. Seriously, even though we expect a well polished presenter like David to be 100% on, sometimes people slip up. Life goes on.
You’re running for the Board again, Rick? Don’t worry, by the time of the election Koch may well be gone and you can be yourself again.;)

Kiss from a Rozee

Goddess
Bring Back the Bars
Nov 23, 2018
AFL Club
Port Adelaide

Why not just have an 18 team knockout tournament and no h&a at all?

Back