Prediction The player who will be the biggest Improver 2020

Optimistic Dog

Premiership Player
Oct 11, 2014
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
There are so many English, Naughton, Richards, Lewis Young, Bailey Smith. They have shown so much already and with maturity and extra strength and conditioning are just going to get better. I also like the look of Vandermeer great speed. However, I have a clear number 1 as the biggest improver and it is Rhylee West. We saw a few cameos in different plays that suggests that he is not only tough but skillful.

Last edited:

Virgin Dog

Cancelled
Oct 29, 2017
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
There are so many English, Naughton, Richards, Lewis Young, Bailey Smith. They have shown so much already and with maturity and extra strength and conditioning are just going to get better. I also like the look of Vandermeer great speed. However, I have a clear number 1 as the biggest improver and it is Rhylee West. We saw a few cameos in different plays that suggests that he is not only tough but skillful.
Opened this thread with West in mind. He not only looks tough/skilled, but he actually looks like a smart footballer too, which is a rare skill. His decision making so far looks far better than you'd expect from someone in their first couple of games, and he shows such immense hunger for the ball. He'd be my pick.

As an alternative option, I'm gonna go with Lewis Young. His last couple of games really impressed me, and I think he's just about ready to take the step up into playing full time seniors. For the first 3 quarters of the GWS game, he was winning the battle with Cameron (the best KPF in the league) until our defence fell apart in the last quarter. That's a huge achievement for someone so inexperienced and young. Hoping 2020 is a huge year for him

stefoid

Brownlow Medallist
Mar 8, 2002
home
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
So many younger players surprised to the upside this year.

But if Bruce comes and can hold down FF for us, allowing Naughton to play at CHF, I think he will take about a zillion marks. His speed and agility is wasted at the pointy end of the ground.

Sep 27, 2011
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
New York Yankees
I'm hoping it's English (although he's most likely two years away), he showed glimpses of what his future looks like but my money is Smith. Kid only has one speed and it's flat out..... Give him a full preseason with Bont/Dunks/Macrae/Hunter for guidance and it's showtime.

Triple Baileys

Club Legend
Jan 7, 2019
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
My biggest improver 2020 is about perceptions of who has improved.

A lot of people are not aware that Bailey Williams was being held back for the Semi-Final and beyond but unfortunately we didn't get beyond the Elimination Final.

So to them, his season next year is going to look like a massive improvement as he plays 22 H&A games + finals and carves it up as a winger - high half forward.

I think the big improver will be West. Surprisingly, he averaged only 1 tackle in his 3 AFL games but at VFL level he averaged 6. We know that he likes to tackle so there's big upside in that stat alone, particularly if he gets more midfield time.

Back