News Footy Department Changes and News Mega Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

That is next year. If he is interested in a coaching director/mentor role and Freo want to appoint someone in this role we will need the role fulfilled for 2020 not 2021. If Woosh isn’t available then too bad we move on. Don Pyke would be good for this role. If Woosh becomes aware that Freo a club from his home state has a role available then the ball is in his court.

This may be all irrelevant if the Club have no interest in a coaching director/support role.
Yeah I would prefer Pyke because of his good (apparently) football analytical ability, if we want anyone for that director type of role.

Pyke would be good behind the scenes, but has a record like Lyons against the Hawks. We need to be looking for
someone who wants to put a team together, that will collectively work to put Freo on the map again.

Yeah I would prefer Pyke because of his good (apparently) football analytical ability, if we want anyone for that director type of role.
Yep I’d prefer pyke any day even if woosha was available this year.

That said someone with wooshas experience might be valuable in Some other football related role for the club(other than just coaching)

Worsfold "assisting" a rookie coach like Longmuir and Pyke director of coaching seems really unbalanced to me. One of them, perhaps. I also think we need to look for assistants who actually want to be assistants. The Curley-s of the world. Aspiring to being a senior coach is fine, but being a career assistant is also good.

Worsfold "assisting" a rookie coach like Longmuir and Pyke director of coaching seems really unbalanced to me. One of them, perhaps. I also think we need to look for assistants who actually want to be assistants. The Curley-s of the world. Aspiring to being a senior coach is fine, but being a career assistant is also good.
I agree.
Pykes more than enough as mentoring figure /head coach in his own right- sling with longmuir

Where worsfold could be of benefit is as in some off field football role not involved in coaching.
His man management skills /building relationships and experience are his strongpoints so I’m sure he would be able to offer the club something in s role

I agree.
Pykes more than enough as mentoring figure /head coach in his own right- sling with longmuir

Where worsfold could be of benefit is as in some off field football role not involved in coaching.
His man management skills /building relationships and experience are his strongpoints so I’m sure he would be able to offer the club something in s role
Yeah, and I am fine with a rookie coach having whatever support they need, but they also need space.

Listening to Kevin Sheedy on sacked I wonder if Mark Williams would be a great inclusion to our footy department as development or coaching director. Sheedy rates him as best unemployed coach at this time

Listening to Kevin Sheedy on sacked I wonder if Mark Williams would be a great inclusion to our footy department as development or coaching director. Sheedy rates him as best unemployed coach at this time
I’d be happy with Williams.
Is basically the coach of coach’s,
Have a look how many of his former players and assistants are now coaches(good coaches) in their own right or as assistant coaches.

That 2004 premiership team would just about have the most players go onto high level coaching than any other single team.
- Hardwick, Kingsley, lade , Carr,dew , Montgomery , Schofield

And Remember this is the guy who’s taught clarko (was an assistant) along with melbournes ex coach dean bailey.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back