Preview P.F. vs. GWS (Sat 21/09 4:35pm MCG) In: Reid/Aish, Out: JDG/Levi. Teams #1523

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Should be a good game. Some of the best young talent in the comp, shame about Whitfield and De Goey, and the pressure of a Prelim. The time is friendly for me, can watch it with a few frothies after golf!

Yeah I’m liking the time as well. Get my Saturday s**t done early, get onto a few fish and a few beers on the way home and then hit the tv.

I can accept Aish over the likes of Varcoe. But Reid represent huge risk in a prelim. He might get through the game, or might break down 10 minutes in.

On iPad using BigFooty.com mobile app
Bucks said Reid has been working hard for the past four weeks and it seems to me they were getting him cherry ripe for this exact contingency. Once we knew Coxy was gone and knowing how Bucks wants the two talls structure-this would have been the plan for weeks.

id prefer to play another mid and just open up the forward line

i just dont want to be 1 man down halfway thru the 2nd quarter....
Five smalls and one tall is no way to win a final. Richmond got away with it, largely on the back of one man-Dusty. Nick Riewoldt recently pointed out, they jumped at the chance to secure a second tall as soon as they could. They knew their game style was unsustainable.

People are really up in arms about Aish over Shaz because of their 195cm plus forwards?

Do people realise that they have 3 (Cameron, Himmelberg, Finlayson) and that we have Howe, Moore & Roughead...? And that last game Moore didn’t play ... that extra KPD we were missing IS Moore.

You want 4 KPD Players to cover 3 KPF’s... right. We’ll just ignore the rest of their smaller sized forwards. It would almost be as stupid of a move as Appleby last time we played them.

Who do you people suggest Shaz plays on - Daniels ? Lloyd ? Give me a spell. Stop and have a think about what you post 😂

Cameron 196cm 94kg 72goals
Finlayson 196cm 91kg 37 goals
Himmelberg. 194cm 92kg 27 goals

and they've now added 200cm+ Keefe to play 2nd ruck-forward to replace Greene.

We've got Moore and Roughead for two of those players... but if you think Howe at 190cm 86 kg and Aish at 183cm are great matchups then on the likes of Himmelberg and Keefe... then the jokes on you.

Even more so because of the unnecessary arrogance and misguided sense of superiority to your post.

It's interesting how perceptions of tall forwards change depending on whether they're playing for us or the opposition. If we played 3, let alone 4 tall forwards, we're worried that we'll be too slow and will lack defensive pressure and get killed on the rebound. If the opposition plays 3 or 4 tall forwards we're worried that we are too small and will get outmarked at every opportunity. Roughy and Moore are taller than most forwards and we have Howe, Crisp and Maynard around 190cm. One of Reid or Mihocek could also go back in an emergency. I think GWS' marking power is probably more significant long down the line or when they've locked it in their forward 50 and can set up for high get out of jail kicks.

We've got Moore and Roughead for two of those players... but if you think Howe at 190cm 86 kg and Aish at 183cm are great matchups then on the likes of Himmelberg and Keefe... then the jokes on you.

Even more so because of the unnecessary arrogance and misguided sense of superiority to your post.
We also have Maynard.

I

I think we're backing our mids to win the ball first, or at the very least put enough defensive pressure on their mids so their entries are pressured. 4 talls are a big risk unless they're marking everything, and if the forecast is rain I don't see how that's possible, let alone in a Prelim final in front of a hostile black and white crowd.

We will smash them.

Roughy takes whoever is closest to goal and Howe and Moore take the other 2. It’s not that hard.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Five smalls and one tall is no way to win a final. Richmond got away with it, largely on the back of one man-Dusty. Nick Riewoldt recently pointed out, they jumped at the chance to secure a second tall as soon as they could. They knew their game style was unsustainable.

I agree but if it's going to rain on Saturday an extra small may be the way to go.

i just dont understand the Reid move. not one bit
I’m fearful that he’s going to ping something during the game, but it was the right choice to bring him in.
If you saw how Davis and co. repelled every attack by Brisbane last week in the last quarter because there were no Brisbane talls to contest, then you would understand we need a tall up forward to at least give a contest. Would have gone in too small otherwise. And since we don’t have anyone else without robbing our backline, Reid is the obvious candidate.

I wouldn't be overly surprised if there's a late change and we see Shaz come in. Keefe coming in leaves them with 3 tall forwards and a resting ruck, and us with Moore, Rough and Howe. Think Shaz will come in and pick up the ruckman, or alternatively free up one of of Howe and Moore to intercept.

I reckon it will also be dependant on weather.

I wouldn't be overly surprised if there's a late change and we see Shaz come in. Keefe coming in leaves them with 3 tall forwards and a resting ruck, and us with Moore, Rough and Howe. Think Shaz will come in and pick up the ruckman, or alternatively free up one of of Howe and Moore to intercept.

I reckon it will also be dependant on weather.
Crisp to Keeffe to run rings around him and make them pay if they go with 4 talls up forward.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back