Mega Thread 2019 List Management, Free Agency & Trade thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nah...you post it you cop it. If what you post has merit and integrity, who cares if you cop flak and you should have plenty of substance to stand by what you post.

Of course posting gossip is going to happen, but the only true value it has is for entertainment. Let's not lose sight of it entirely being a choice thing. Gossip generally grows legs and mayo as it goes and it easily can have real-world consequences on the individuals who are its subject matter. Not only that, it's pretty durable. People will continue to believe it (or any false elements of it) long after it's been disproved, should it be false.

What does help in these instances is to make it clear and be specific about what are observable facts and what is just guessed at story telling. Enough of this sort of observable-informed contribution hopefully then acts as a buffer to the fabricated stuff that gets passed off as fact. The fabrication stuff is pretty pervasive, I mean it's "weird" that you see that even in posts chastising people for indulging in the fabricated gossipy stuff.

I know the likes of Mcintosh, Narkle, Ah Chee and Acres have been thrown around particularly as a potential Blakely replacement if he leaves or just to add depth to the list.

However rumours around Constable seem to be persisting, I personally can't understand why there aren't clubs interested in him if he's gettable. Is anyone aware of any knocks on him?

I know it's outside of our usual recruiting strategy seeing as he's a vic boy but he's reportedly great mates with Brayshaw and personally see plenty of upside in him. From the little glimpses I've seen I'd say his at least as good as Blakely with the benefit of time to develop on his side. Would anyone be keen on him? What would his value be?
Defensive and spread liability was why he was dropped this year

He’s young though so it’s worth it if priced well

Defensive and spread liability was why he was dropped this year

He’s young though so it’s worth it if priced well
Well Geelong reportedly shopped him around as part of a Stevens deal and there's plenty of noise that he's looking for greater opportunity. Seems they'd be willing to part with him. Would suggest it would likely be similar to Narkle's current trade value.

Maybe it is a response to your blue stripe, but it is all silly and part of the nasty side of this site. We pretty much lost our pre-season training reports from similar behavior. With the club in a bit of upheaval and re-generation posters are perhaps a bit more emotional than usual, plus it seems to have drawn in a few new posters with the quite specific opinion that Sumich is the way forward. This Board has cycles, and this is not the happiest cycle it has been in.

Who asked you old man ....posters like me are the future.

Well Geelong reportedly shopped him around as part of a Stevens deal and there's plenty of noise that he's looking for greater opportunity. Seems they'd be willing to part with him. Would suggest it would likely be similar to Narkle's current trade value.

I would take Constance before Narkle... just wonder if a few skeletons are in the closet if Galong is looking to move him on.

I’ve liked the way he plays.

From the FoxSport website

“And even though Geelong is expected to hose down initial suggestions of Constable’s departure, it’s believed the 20-year-old is desperate for senior opportunities and would be willing to consider a trade to another Victorian club to further his career.

Sources close to Constable, who is close with St Kilda’s Max King, say the midfielder, who is contracted until the end of 2021, has become frustrated by a lack of AFL games after he played seven of Geelong’s first nine matches this season.”

When Langdon, Blakely and Weller arrived at the club they were great mates and had the potential to be the core of our midfield for a decade. It's a bit of a shame that all 3 might have left the club by round 1 2020.

Weller isn't very good, Blakely isn't very good (but he could be) and Langdon is good.

Club did unbelievably well to flip Weller for Brayshaw who uas already shown he has a higher ceiling than Weller.

I would take Constance before Narkle... just wonder if a few skeletons are in the closet if Galong is looking to move him on.

“And even though Geelong is expected to hose down initial suggestions of Constable’s departure, it’s believed the 20-year-old is desperate for senior opportunities and would be willing to consider a trade to another Victorian club to further his career.

Sources close to Constable, who is close with St Kilda’s Max King, say the midfielder, who is contracted until the end of 2021, has become frustrated by a lack of AFL games after he played seven of Geelong’s first nine matches this season.”
Constable gets killed on the spread.

Sure, he get great numbers but running of the contest is such a big weakness,

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Constable gets killed on the spread.

Sure, he get great numbers but running of the contest is such a big weakness,
Correct me if I'm wrong but I feel like I remember reading an afl.com article at the start of this year that talked about how Constable and Brayshaw spent the whole off season running together. Seems to me like the young fella is willing to well and truly do the work to improve his efforts on the spread.

He gets good numbers as you say and he's shown he's willing to do the necessary work, sounds like a bloke who's worth a crack at the right price. A lot more appeal than anyone else we're into imo

Correct me if I'm wrong but I feel like I remember reading an afl.com article at the start of this year that talked about how Constable and Brayshaw spent the whole off season running together. Seems to me like the young fella is willing to well and truly do the work to improve his efforts on the spread.

He gets good numbers as you say and he's shown he's willing to do the necessary work, sounds like a bloke who's worth a crack at the right price. A lot more appeal than anyone else we're into imo

Yeah and he could be one who is in the wrong place at the wrong time re Geelong's strong midfield group. Probably pidgeoned holed to be a half back when he is very capable as an inside mid.

Quickness you can’t improve very much but endurance you can work on.

So Usain Bolt didn’t have to train?

Speed like endurance can be trained. Genetically some have a highest ceiling than others but it definitely can be improved

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

There was another fox article this morning suggesting the interest from other victorian clubs had waned. I just hope he's desperate enough for opportunities that he'd come join our rabble

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back