Preview 2019 Prelim Final - Tigers v Cats @ Punt Rd Oval, Fri 7:50pm

Who will win?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
So the $3.12 only kicks in if we were to win by 40 points plus?
No, if you bet just for the Cats to win, you would get the $3.12 odds. If you bet them to win by 1-39 you would get the $3.75 odds, but you wouldn't get anything if you bet for them to win by 1-39 and they won by 40.

Edit: So you have to place either a straight win bet or a win margin bet.

Why not? Do you see Taylor or Henderson doing a better job?
Have they done a better job forward this year at either VFL or AFL level?
Do either of them free up Stanley or SavRat to play more time forward?
Could of we gone with a smaller forward line? You know? Some coaching ideas from the coaches instead of something that 100% won't work.
I genuinely do, yeah. In this sort of game, with the lack of match time especially hurting a VFL/GFL standard player I could realistically see Fort getting less than 3 touches for the whole match.
Matches where we lack any sort of marking option up forward have not gone well for us. Bombing in to a bunch of smalls sounds like an awful game plan. All Taylor needs to do is play an accountable role and bring the ball to ground, like he did for the winner against West Coast. Without someone doing that you are giving up 15 intercept marks before the match even begins. Without an experienced second tall up there, Sav will get mauled.

Must admit, I was having a good chuckle watching the Front Bar and listening to Andy Maher and Sam Pang getting stuck into Mick Molloy about how Tiger fans think tomorrow night is a monty and they're dead certainties to be in the grand final next week.

Hendo is 4.2 times as mobile as Fort so I still see it as a net win in comparison to Taylor back, Fort forward. I'm going under the assumption that Stanley and Taylor will be forward more than Henderson, who surely plays back.

I accept your point re: Fort, but have reservations about all the others.

Hendo is slow, Taylor rarely works up front, and Stanley even less so.

Geez I hope Sav plays a blinder!

Just bet on Cats to Win, for a $10 bet, but select the 2x Winnings option... it will make the odds $5.60-1. But its only for a max. $10 bet.
Still you can't beat those odds.
As Bruce would say, delicious. $11.50 for the cats giants multi as well.
BT: Boy oh boy! Woweeee!
Well, technically, if you take the BetEasy offer, and back Cats to win at $5.60-1 for $10 (the max bet offer), then if Cats win, you use the entire proceeds into GWS to win after the Cats game is finished. Hence, your $56 balance is then bet on GWS at $3.60-1, which then pays you $201.60 if GWS wins.
That technically makes the multibet odds at $20.16-1. (Although, you just do the bets separately one after the other).
:)

You could even, only bet say $46 on the GWS game at $3.60-1 and it would pay $165.60, or $16.50-1, and you keep the initial $10 back in your pocket (without betting on the initial investment), its like a Free Bet then on the 2nd leg.

I'm bloody excited. Its after 9.30pm, I'm sitting here not wearing a jumper for the first time in a while. I have a scotch in one hand and I cannot stop thinking about a footy game that hasn't been played yet.
WHAT is going to happen?!
Are Selwood and Danger going to stamp their mark? Is the forward line going to be wild and ruthless? Will the back 50 operate like my girlfriend in high school and smile sadly whilst rejecting any forward momentum?

Dreams. It's all dreams at the moment and that's a bloody beautiful thing.

My sixteen month old, based in London with me, has not taken his jersey off all week - safe to say we are working from home on Friday..

Well, technically, if you take the BetEasy offer, and back Cats to win at $5.60-1 to win for $10, then if Cats win, use the entire proceeds, which will be $56 and bet it on GWS for the win at $3.60 after the Cats win (if they win), then you have $56 invested at $3.60-1 on GWS, which pays you $201.60.
That technically makes the multibet odds at $20.16-1
:)

😯😯😯

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I genuinely do, yeah. In this sort of game, with the lack of match time especially hurting a VFL/GFL standard player I could realistically see Fort getting less than 3 touches for the whole match.
Matches where we lack any sort of marking option up forward have not gone well for us. Bombing in to a bunch of smalls sounds like an awful game plan. All Taylor needs to do is play an accountable role and bring the ball to ground, like he did for the winner against West Coast. Without someone doing that you are giving up 15 intercept marks before the match even begins. Without an experienced second tall up there, Sav will get mauled.
Yeah fair enough. I hear that. Personally I think he will get mauled more with the shorter Taylor down there.
At least with Fort he is going to outmark all their defenders one out.
A Richmond defender will have to roll off their man to help out if the ball goes long into Fort one on one.
Not really with Taylor.

You know, I know, we all know that Taylor or Henderson forward is not going to work.
Since I'm not getting paid a million bucks a year with a whole bunch of assistants around me I would of hoped they could come up with a better solution without my help!
But personally would of played Fort. Seemed our "if Hawkins goes down, try this" idea earlier in the year. And it worked ok.

And that's why you're a poster on BigFooty and not part of any elite level club.

I accept your point re: Fort, but have reservations about all the others.

Hendo is slow, Taylor rarely works up front, and Stanley even less so.

Geez I hope Sav plays a blinder!
37 scoring shots (21 goals, 16 behinds), 12 goal assists, 36 contested marks and about 7 contested possessions + 5 1%'ers per game in 2017 wasn't a terrible output. Not amazing, but not awful. The 5 x 1%'ers and 7 contested possessions itself you would assume are bringing the ball to ground and collecting it when it spills. That with a couple of goals, a couple of marks and creating space for Sav to strut his stuff I see as the best option we have available. I certainly wouldn't be backing Darcy Fort to come in and exceed that.

37 scoring shots (21 goals, 16 behinds), 12 goal assists, 36 contested marks and about 7 contested possessions + 5 1%'ers per game in 2017 wasn't a terrible output. Not amazing, but not awful. The 5 x 1%'ers and 7 contested possessions itself you would assume are bringing the ball to ground and collecting it when it spills. That with a couple of goals, a couple of marks and creating space for Sav to strut his stuff I see as the best option we have available. I certainly wouldn't be backing Darcy Fort to come in and exceed that.

I get the argument against Fort, but am hardly more inspired by Taylor Henderson.

But damn, I hope I'm proven clueless here.

I imagine we'll be rolling plenty of different players through that 2nd key forward position - probably all of Taylor, Henderson, Stanley, Dangefield, Henry etc at certain times - unless and until one of them shows enough to stay there for the rest of the night.

Think Henderson should start forward, or maybe even Henry. The start is vitally important and I think we need all of Dangerfield, Stanley and Taylor playing their usual roles in the midfield, ruck and defence respectively to start the match. Taylor especially - we are going to need our defence to be at its miserly best, and Taylor is the general down there with all his finals experience.

Impossible to know how the side will line up though, really - a lot depends on what role Blicavs will be playing, and who the hell knows what that will be?!

I love this line in MM article ..

The pain of discipline is far less than the pain of regret.

He was talking about Greene but it works for several things ..and I guess... for Hawk as well .. Might be a tough couple of hours watching for him if we struggle to kick goals..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back