How to watch in Europe

Remove this Banner Ad

Aug 24, 2017
AFL Club
St Kilda
Anyone have any tips on how I can watch the prelims and GF in Europe? I've looked into WatchAFL and that is 59euros ($100aud) for a finals pass so that's just outrageous.
Anyone know any reliable streaming sites that would work over here? Specifically Portugal/Spain. Or even what TV channels they may be broadcast on, as i can't find any information on that.

No idea about TV stations that will show it, but I've previously watched a collingwood finals game at an aussie-themed bar in Amsterdam. (Not a "Walkabout" or whatever they were called, but similar). Might be worth seeing if there is anything similar near you - I generally avoid them at all costs (ie. don't travel to just hang out with more aussies), but its a good way to watch the footy.

Worth searching bigfooty - there have been other threads on this in the past that might answer your question.

Travelling around Europe but $100 to watch the three biggest games of the year and totally solve your issue is too much? Ok.
Travelling on a student budget and nearing the end of the trip so the disposable income isn't too high right now but thanks for your help :thumbsu:

Europe is a big place be more specific. You can easily Google a pub that will have the games on providing you're in a big city
I did say Portugal and will be somewhere in Spain for the GF but was more looking for a stream as i haven't been able to find any pubs/tv stations that are showing it here thus my asking here for someone who may have been in the same situation as me and knew some trick.

I did say Portugal and will be somewhere in Spain for the GF but was more looking for a stream as i haven't been able to find any pubs/tv stations that are showing it here thus my asking here for someone who may have been in the same situation as me and knew some trick.
What city you in?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Last month in spain i was watching the footy on the afl app using a VPN, worked a treat.

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

Watched the GF last year in Italy on watchafl app. 20 euros for a grand final pass which is robbery but worked a treat and worth every dollar in the end 💪. None of the usual Australian sites such as Kayo, Foxtel or AFL app will work overseas without a VPN.

Anyone have any tips on how I can watch the prelims and GF in Europe? I've looked into WatchAFL and that is 59euros ($100aud) for a finals pass so that's just outrageous.
Anyone know any reliable streaming sites that would work over here? Specifically Portugal/Spain. Or even what TV channels they may be broadcast on, as i can't find any information on that.

If you only need it until the end of the GF, then you could get two weekly passes?

Grand final is only shown live on ch7. FoxFooty channel show it later on in the evening.

I think I answer this nearly every year.
CH7 have the exclusive free-to-air rights for all AFL games including the Grand Final in Australia. However they also sell these rights to a number of commercial overseas broadcasters in various countries.
I won't list the broadcasters per country/region but in Europe find a pub that shows either BT Sports or EuroSports.
FYI, The WatchAFL service is your best solution irrespective of your location overseas and forget Kayo Sports as it's Geo-blocked outside of Australia.

Last edited:
I was in Scotland last month looking for a coffee about 8am.
Walk into a 5 star hotel and in the lounge on all screens Richmond are playing Carlton live from the G.
Anyway, the channel it was on had a logo bottom right of screen that looked like rectangle.
Not sure if that's in continental Europe though.

oban.jpg

Remove this Banner Ad

Back