Prediction The player who will be the biggest Improver 2020

Remove this Banner Ad

My biggest improver 2020 is about perceptions of who has improved.

A lot of people are not aware that Bailey Williams was being held back for the Semi-Final and beyond but unfortunately we didn't get beyond the Elimination Final.

So to them, his season next year is going to look like a massive improvement as he plays 22 H&A games + finals and carves it up as a winger - high half forward.
So we're keeping him? He's still out of contract and I thought we might send him to the Crows as part of a trade for Keath :think:

Triple Baileys

Club Legend
Jan 7, 2019
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Source? Why was he held back?

He is too good a player to have been left out for so many weeks, it's an obvious deduction everyone should have made. It was done so that he would be completely fresh to blindside and blitz the opposing side. It's a credentialed tactic, part of the Art of War, you send the pawns in first and hold back your best pieces for the end game.

Triple Baileys

Club Legend
Jan 7, 2019
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
In terms of the improvement :smallredtriangle:(or delta, being numerator = rise, denominator=run), the steepest curve is going to be from Roarke. The lower the base the steeper the curve all other things being equal - and he is a 23 year old who has been held back severely by injury. Watch him fly in 2020.

More me its Bont
He has to become a better goal kicker to really step into that upper elite group

His ability to miss easy set shots killed us this year

Add 25-35 goals to his name, clear brownlow winner

hutchy31

Norm Smith Medallist
May 25, 2014
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Dunkley will win the Brownlow next year.

If he’d been played in the midfield all year he might even have won it this year, so maybe that doesn’t even qualify as biggest improver.

I also expect Bailey Smith to continue a meteoric rise.

I really hope Richards takes a leap but I’m pretty worried about him.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Lex22

Club Legend
Jun 8, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
I think West will take more time. Strikes as a little like Dunkley whereas he’ll be the man without a position for another 2-3 seasons then will just explode when he goes on the ball.

For next year, I think English and even Sweet with a big pre season could be our biggest improvers. Agree with the Lipinski calls too. His ceiling seemed to get higher this year when perhaps he seemed to have a lot limitations prior. Could be a jet.

Jun 7, 2012
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
San Antonio, West Ham, Renegades
Bailey Dale and Bailey Williams were my picks for this year. Was looking horrible at the bye period but BD turned it around.

Zaine Cordy is my tip for next year. Underwhelming year in 2019 but he’ll be 23 with 71 games under his belt next year and ready to make a jump. See him as pretty similar to Darcy Gardiner who I thought was pretty meh until 18 months but has become a very solid player. Unfortunately we don’t have a Harris Andrews for Cordy to play off.

I’m not sure bailey smith and rhylee west will see enough midfield minutes to make huge jumps.

English and Richards are the 2 that have natural, physical progress to make.

Schache is the smokey. Key forwards take forever, so he has more levels to reach. Throw in the addition of Bruce and he might push up towards 40 goals

I agree with Scrag that Richards should be pushed back/wing rather than forward/wing. We need him ball in hand as much as possible.

As much as I want to say English or Richards (the two most likely candidates), it will most likely be a fringe player from another team we target with a specific role in mind who has his best ever season. The 2020 version of a Sam Lloyd.

As much as I want to say English or Richards (the two most likely candidates), it will most likely be a fringe player from another team we target with a specific role in mind who has his best ever season. The 2020 version of a Sam Lloyd.

Josh Bruce to win the coleman

Remove this Banner Ad

Back