How to watch in Europe

Apr 6, 2005
La Côte d'Azur
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Everton FC
I was in Scotland last month looking for a coffee about 8am.
Walk into a 5 star hotel and in the lounge on all screens Richmond are playing Carlton live from the G.
Anyway, the channel it was on had a logo bottom right of screen that looked like rectangle.
Not sure if that's in continental Europe though.

View attachment 749158
That would've come as a bit of a surprise I imagine.

nineteen eighty

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 18, 2003
Sydney
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
TIGERS
Walk into a 5 star hotel and in the lounge on all screens Richmond are playing Carlton live from the G.
Anyway, the channel it was on had a logo bottom right of screen that looked like rectangle.

View attachment 749158

Geez you Melbourne supporters. If it's not MtBuller it's Scotland. 👍

nineteen eighty

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 18, 2003
Sydney
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
TIGERS
There's a service called WatchAFL that streams games live overseas. Each game is I think less than $20 so to watch the GF is a bargain imo.

Note: never used the service myself. A mate found it for his daughter who is overseas.

Ishmael_

Premiership Player
Apr 30, 2013
Six Thousand
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
South Fremantle
Kayo works great with certain VPNs for all but the GF. I just used a dodgy free but surprisingly good stream which was fine.

Hopefully, they sort the streaming rights out for next year. Even Channel 7 wasn't streaming it, so I don't understand.

Eagleboy68

Cancelled
Jun 11, 2015
AFL Club
West Coast
Maybe a bit late but use a free IP changer and you can watch On your phone with Foxtel go or Tha AFL app if you have it

The ip changer changes your location back to Australia

I did this in Singapore in July and watched the eagles lose to Collingwood :(

nickcat0

Team Captain
Jun 22, 2007
Southport, Lancashire, England.
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
St Helens RFC

View attachment 749158
Channel name is in top right hand corner ...... BT Sports. They currently have the contract to show AFL games in UK. They broadcast about 3 live games per week, plus a highlights package of the other games. And of course, they show all Finals games live.

Previously the contract was held by Sky Sports, and we've had regular live games for over 20 years.

Back