Preview P.F. vs. GWS (Sat 21/09 4:35pm MCG) In: Reid/Aish, Out: JDG/Levi. Teams #1523

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's my folks 50th anniversary today re.. can't think of a better gift than a premiership.. if not.. it's gonna cost me 30 odd gorillas.. Mazda CX5.. funded by the 250 gorillas I pocketed for meself after I sold the ol' mans Monaro at auction re.. finally convinced the ol' man to send it to the wreckers re.. but he doesn't need to know that..
50th anniversary of what? Marriage? If that is you kicking the ball in the photo there is no way you'd be aged 50 let alone married 50 years. If you were so old, you'd look a bit silly in your pink shirts, boots and fashion gear, with your body awash with fragrances.

50th anniversary of what? Marriage? If that is you kicking the ball in the photo there is no way you'd be aged 50 let alone married 50 years. If you were so old, you'd look a bit silly in your pink shirts, boots and fashion gear, with your body awash with fragrances.

My folks re..

GWS are going in with a VERY tall line-up. I think they'll be too slow and cumbersome, especially if there's a bit of moisture. Pies' line-up looks much more balanced by comparison.
20 degrees and high chance of showers tomorrow. But the drainage at the G is very good. Forget the weather though, our boys need to bring their A game even before the first bounce.

Probably WHE?

He will go to our most easily exploitable forward, so that he can peel off.

To be honest I reckon WHE could keep him pretty accountable. Would have him covered for pace, and is exceptional above his head. If that match up eventuates, I'll look forward to it.

I'll be interested to see who Heath Shaw lines up on.

They are not too tall. Cameron Finlayson, Haynes, Himmelberg all very agile. Cameron and Finlayson are quick half forward types that can mark.

They have goner with a similar structure most of the year.

I've been waiting with an increasing level of nervousness that nothing has gone wrong in the last month, and that it'll be a gws win after:
-getting the rub of the Greene (pun intended)
- the hawks doing the eagles and putting us in 4th
- getting the cats week one
- home finals

Finally, here I am sitting at Mildura airport and my flight to Melbourne is delayed an hr. A delayed flight! There is is! The decks have been cleared, and the pies are in with a chance!

Reid's inclusion makes sense. Being at the Cats game, watching Grundy motor from contest to contest in the last quarter to provide an option for the kicks out of defence, he was absolutely exhausted down on his haunches every time there was a stop in play. Mihocek being triple teamed in the air in the forward line, did extremely well to create as many opportunities for our forwards as he did, GWS defence are stronger aerially than the cats, so a second tall option up forward makes sense.

Team balance looks good, Aish for Greenwood makes sense, as much as I am a huge fan of Shaz and would love him in the side.

So bloody nervous.

It's my folks 50th anniversary today re.. can't think of a better gift than a premiership.. if not.. it's gonna cost me 30 odd gorillas.. Mazda CX5.. funded by the 250 gorillas I pocketed for meself after I sold the ol' mans Monaro at auction re.. finally convinced the ol' man to send it to the wreckers re.. but he doesn't need to know that..
I'll take myself to the wreckers if we don't win it this year

GWS have gone in a bit tall, which worked when we last played.
Although I was hoping for this nice weather to continue until the game time, the colder and rainier weather will suit the Pies more.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

382fa38884b483199a581bdbe11b92b5.jpg

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

I've been waiting with an increasing level of nervousness that nothing has gone wrong in the last month, and that it'll be a gws win after:
-getting the rub of the Greene (pun intended)
- the hawks doing the eagles and putting us in 4th
- getting the cats week one
- home finals

Finally, here I am sitting at Mildura airport and my flight to Melbourne is delayed an hr. A delayed flight! There is is! The decks have been cleared, and the pies are in with a chance!
My flight at 6pm tonight was completely cancelled and I was moved to a 12:35pm flight.

Intensity, pressure, explosiveness around the ball, speed, spreading and experience to name just a few!!
Personally I would have preferred him in over aish
Aish is a defender replacing Greenwood, what has that selection got to do with Varcoe who is playing a FF or CHF role.

i just dont understand the Reid move. not one bit
Reid in is the most sensible inclusion to preserve our structure. We don't want to go with only one tall forward. I don't understand why people just don't get this.

sure , not one that breaks down in a huge final please
You will have to draft Wolverine or Iron man if you want this. Anyone can get an injury in a game of footy, we can't plan our team based on speculation about who will break down - of so, we shouldn't have played Moore last week nor Elliott during the season. You will have to take a few risks to win a game.

Leaving Roughead in defence was the right call against Geelong and bringing in Reid to replace de Goey is the right selection decision for the game against GWS.

Well done.
Ditto

I'll take myself to the wreckers if we don't win it this year

Oh kala re.. you'll find me in the gutter just out the front of Kivotos at 6 in the a.m re.. either lamenting the loss.. or celebrating the win..

Be nice if there was someone kind enough to pick me up at that time.. go out for a few more beers after a good early morning souv re.

I know Eddie can be full of fat air but my god what a boofhead that GWS CEO Dave Matthew is

He is definitely having a good sook about it, needs to get his eyes checked and watch the video again.
Maybe Toby can check them for him.

I know Eddie can be full of fat air but my god what a boofhead that GWS CEO Dave Matthew is

There's some stuff he said that is quite libelous. He has completely besmirched the integrity and character of Christian for a start. Matthews has outright stated that Christian brought the charge because he's Collingwood.

The AFL should also take some action against this rogue numpty.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back