List Mgmt. 2019 Trade & Free Agency Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ah yep so you don’t know

My point

We can only hope/guess that others are picking up the slack on the ground due to a sacked list manager and footy boss operating only behind the scenes
You don't know that he isnt sitting at his laptop, doing work and making calls mate. You are banging on about nothing, just a whinge for whinges sake

On SM-G950F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Rooboys Rool

Back to work mate!

Trade 1
25 + 43 + 2020 R1 > GWS > 13, 15, Bonar (salary dump)

Trade 2
Wood + 2020 R2 > Swans > Papley

Trade 3
Atley > Saints > 2020 R2

Trade 4
Dumont + 2020 R2 (Saints) > Power > Howard

Trade 5
Turner + 72 > Carlton > 2020 R3

Trade 6
Macmillan + Tyson + 58 + 2020 R3 (Carlton) > GC > 2020 R2

2019 End Picks: 7,13,15, 90
2020 Start Picks 0x R1, 1x R2(GC), 0x R3

Draft:
7 > Ash/Flanders
13 > Jackson
15 > Gould

+ Papley, Howard, Bonar.

Clear heaps of salary cap to go after Whitfield next year.

If Gaff was available some people seriously wouldn't want him at North? You are all crazy. 27 years old

Not for pick 7 no. And I think the club should have some pride and build a culture that demands respect. Let's not be the desperados giving players open ended offers anymore (TM TAO).

That means not paying up big for a bloke who flip flopped and prick teased us a year ago when he would've come for free.

Hard pass for me unless he's floating over for pick 25 or later.

Not for pick 7 no. And I think the club should have some pride and build a culture that demands respect. Let's not be the desperados giving players open ended offers anymore (TM TAO).

That means not paying up big for a bloke who flip flopped and prick teased us a year ago when he would've come for free.

What if it isn't for pick 7? Cant blame the guy for choosing to stay on seeing his mates win a premiership.

If Gaff was available some people seriously wouldn't want him at North? You are all crazy. 27 years old
The cost:benefit is no where near as strong as it was last year by virtue of what we'd need to give up.

Not saying I don't want him just that it's not as attractive.

I am happy for us to bring in whoever makes us better, so long as the deal is sound.

I'm assuming the only way the Eagles would even consider it would be if they could get a pick which they could then use to get Kelly. I'm aware it's probably total BS but if it isn't then I'm all in favour. I'd rather a proven all Australian at age 26 than another potential Dylan Smith or David Trotter at pick 7.

I'm assuming the only way the Eagles would even consider it would be if they could get a pick which they could then use to get Kelly. I'm aware it's probably total BS but if it isn't then I'm all in favour. I'd rather a proven all Australian at age 26 than another potential Dylan Smith or David Trotter at pick 7.

Each to their own mate.

I'll take a punt on us getting the next Bartel, Selwood or Dangerfield with a pick that good.

I listened to the Shaw interview, his response to Frost trade was its weird to hear all the names flying about. Frost said yesterday he hadn’t spoken to anyone at North. I don’t think we’re interested.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Everyone has missed the obvious point re Gaff. The main reason he didn't come last year, was that he didn't really want to play under Scott. Now that's out of the way, he's happy to walk. Surely that's obvious? :D

Boomer will be our matchday runner.

Great news. Can't wait for the day when Boomer, deep in the forward line, roves a pack, gathers the pill, baulks a couple, slots a goal, then runs back to the boundary line with hands aloft before saying, "Oh wait, I forgot, I'm not playing anymore".

(Yes I know I conveniently forgot that the AFL, in all its stupidity, doesn't allow runners on the ground until there is a stop in play after a goal.)

Untill we announce a new list manager then I’ll stop

And even then that person will be playing catch-up

Look, I share your concern that we don't have a List Manager, but you don't need to have the job title to do the job. We're out of finals. WC are out of finals. Trade period is an aeon away. Shaw and Rawlings have the go ahead to shape the list how they want/need. Have one big guess as to who is doing the 'list managing' job.

As for Crocker, he's now director of culture. That ties hand in hand with recruiting anyway.

Look, I share your concern that we don't have a List Manager, but you don't need to have the job title to do the job. We're out of finals. WC are out of finals. Trade period is an aeon away. Shaw and Rawlings have the go ahead to shape the list how they want/need. Have one big guess as to who is doing the 'list managing' job.

As for Crocker, he's now director of culture. That ties hand in hand with recruiting anyway.
I’ve honestly got it in my head there’s two people working in unison, the tuck shop lady and Heath Scotland.
Tuck shop lady walks in all nice and sweet, if that doesn’t work Scotland jumps out with the big stick.

Does anyone know Gaff's girlfriend's current employment status?
I did hear a rumor from a work colleague's partner's mate's missus who works with someone who has a friend in Perth who said they'd seen her in the City yesterday, but didn't know about her work status.

Read into that what you will.

What if it isn't for pick 7? Cant blame the guy for choosing to stay on seeing his mates win a premiership.

I don't mind Gaff playing for us but I dunno if we should give up pick 7.

I get why he stayed but if he wants to come now we need it on our terms as much as possible. He fills an immediate need. I was unsure of his use/skill level but at 4 in the comp for disposals and 7 for effective ones he must using it reasonably well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back