Current Claremont Murders Discussion & Edwards trial updates

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Coming up - soon

19 Nov 2019 if the Trial starts on time........ 61 days time.

BRE DOB
:
07 December 1968
07 December 2019 BRE will be 51yo but, it is a Saturday - so he won't be sitting in the Supreme Court that day.

BRE ARRESTED:
22 December 2016
22 December 2019 BRE will have spent 3 years on remand firstly at Hakea and now solitary confinement at Casuarina Prison since earlier this year after the Pencil incident.

25 December 2019 - BRE's 4th Christmas Day in jail :christmastree::christmastree::christmastree::christmastree:

Legal Aid is paying for his representation (our Taxpayers money)

Last edited:
if the search for lead up crimes was done and BRE was found in the early days of the investigation, where would we be now? the hand print would show him being involved in huntingdale. he already admitted guilt and was sentenced for HH. given the KK victim was blindfolded, unlikely she would be able to identify him. DNA was still in its infancy, so a DNA test would show that BRE could of been the KK attacker, but wouldn't say it was definitely him. by this stage no DNA had been recovered from the bodies of JR or CG, so no definitive link back to BRE. he would of been charged with huntingdale offences, and those cases would of been closed, so the kimono wouldn't be tested later on with advanced DNA technology. KK attack and claremont murders would still be unsolved. the police would possibly compare the KK samples during a cold case review and they would link to claremont, however they wouldn't have a person to compare to. if they then looked at BRE because of HH attack, they would need some good evidence to get a court order for DNA.
Could it be that the HH crime was looked at and simply disregarded - due to length of time (5/6 years beforehand) or was BRE questioned about the crime - embarrassing to admit they let him go. Something must have put the wind up him, SKs don't usually suddenly stop killing.

In 1997 LW came under scrutiny. Does that mean Macro was scaled down to a handful of detectives watching his movements. As the killings stopped in 1997, it does explain the tunnel vision. How would the CSK know they were watching LW - it wasn't announced at that stage.

Could it be that the HH crime was looked at and simply disregarded - due to length of time (5/6 years beforehand) or was BRE questioned about the crime - embarrassing to admit they let him go. Something must have put the wind up him, SKs don't usually suddenly stop killing.

In 1997 LW came under scrutiny. Does that mean Macro was scaled down to a handful of detectives watching his movements. As the killings stopped in 1997, it does explain the tunnel vision. How would the CSK know they were watching LW - it wasn't announced at that stage.

"SKs don't usually suddenly stop killing."

Umm... yes they do. There are plenty of examples of where serial killers have stopped for years or even decades, only to be caught by advancements in technology at a later time. Often an event in their lives changes the direction they are on. That could be something as simple as entering a new relationship or maybe the birth of a child etc... or they get caught...

The definition of a serial killers is based on the fact that they have cooling off periods between victims. It is what seperates them from random murderers, spree killers, mass killers etc, so in fact when you think about it they do just stop.

A couple of better known examples

Joseph DeAngelo - caught 30 years after his last victim
Dennis Rader (BTK) - caught 15 years after his last victim

It would appear, based on what evidence we know of, that it is also possible the alleged killer, BRE, used auto-eroticism (dressing up in womens clothing and tossing off into sandwich bags) as a substitute, much like BTK did.

Here is an interesting read on the subject,

Umm... yes they do. There are plenty of examples of where serial killers have stopped for years or even decades, only to be caught by advancements in technology at a later time. Often an event in their lives changes the direction they are on. That could be something as simple as entering a new relationship or maybe the birth of a child etc... or they get caught...

The definition of a serial killers is based on the fact that they have cooling off periods between victims. It is what seperates them from random murderers, spree killers, mass killers etc, so in fact when you think about it they do just stop.

It would appear, based on what evidence we know of, that it is also possible the alleged killer, BRE, used auto-eroticism (dressing up in womens clothing and tossing off into sandwich bags) as a substitute, much like BTK did.

Thanks for the link - I'll read it later. I'm aware of the sandwich bags, any ideas what he intended to do with them? LOL

Last edited:
Coming up - soon

19 Nov 2019 if the Trial starts on time........ 61 days time.

BRE DOB
:
07 December 1968
07 December 2019 BRE will be 51yo but, it is a Saturday - so he won't be sitting in the Supreme Court that day.

BRE ARRESTED:
22 December 2016
22 December 2019 BRE will have spent 3 years on remand firstly at Hakea and now solitary confinement at Casuarina Prison since earlier this year after the Pencil incident.

25 December 2019 - BRE's 4th Christmas Day in jail :christmastree::christmastree::christmastree::christmastree:

Legal Aid is paying for his representation (our Taxpayers money)

And not legally due compensation if found not guilty

And not legally due compensation if found not guilty

Compensation per se is not available but a precedent was set in the High Court about 5 years ago in NSW where a woman (Roseanne Beckett) wrongfully convicted was able to sue the investigators for misconduct of the investigation, it also left the door open for suing prosecutors for malicious prosecution.

Absolutely fascinating, thank you for sharing that BonzaRam. Loved the advice given to investigators:
"... leave their egos at the door" Hmmm.. wonder if this was the case with our CSK investigation team?

Does anyone know where the list of attacks occurred in Huntingdale. The court transcripts. One of the addresses was Huntingdale Rd - I know a lady who lives on Huntingdale Rd and wonder if it was at her address.

Compensation per se is not available but a precedent was set in the High Court about 5 years ago in NSW where a woman (Roseanne Beckett) wrongfully convicted was able to sue the investigators for misconduct of the investigation, it also left the door open for suing prosecutors for malicious prosecution.

Yep

One does get compensation for wrongful conviction but not automatically for time spent awaiting trial.

Personally I think that’s wrong.

Does anyone know where the list of attacks occurred in Huntingdale. The court transcripts. One of the addresses was Huntingdale Rd - I know a lady who lives on Huntingdale Rd and wonder if it was at her address.

Scroll for the map posted by Shelly

does anyone have more info on the claim of an intruder bursting out of a womans toilet and assaulting her? (In another instance, a woman was disturbed and allegedly assaulted when the prowler burst out of her toilet.) hadnt heard of this claim before

Just going back over the thread and this jumped out at me for a kind of strange reason. We've been told of two incidents now where BRE burst out of a toilet to attack someone, HH and a Huntingdale prowler series event but I saw an internet exchange almost straight after the alleged was arrested.

Everybody knows pretty sure, that I was looking around for a while on WA crossdressers sites and scanning blogs. Someone was complaining that they'd gone into the female public toilets at Northbridge (I don't know the area at all) and a tall dark man dressed in drag jumped out from behind a cubicle and without warning started yelling and laying into her. She said his mascara had run.

I did save but lost it. The incident was quite a few months before the arrest, coincidence likely but thought it might be worth mentioning here.

why would the HH victim put forward BRE name? her case had already been finalized. the cops already knew who BRE was. She would of had no reason to believe he was involved in anything else. the general idea at the time was that it was a taxi driver. in my opinion she had no reason to think about putting his name forward.

Trust me when you have been sexually assaulted you put peoples name or description forward even more so if your attacker only gets 2 yrs probation.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I understand the issues in not linking BRE to the CSK, but weren't the similarities striking in the KK and HH? I wonder if the KK rape offence was not publicised at the time? Was there not cloth stuffed into KK victim's mouth? If this had made the media surely HH victim/investigating officer/Probation Officers would have come forward acknowledging same MO had been used on her????

I understand the issues in not linking BRE to the CSK, but weren't the similarities striking in the KK and HH? I wonder if the KK rape offence was not publicised at the time? Was there not cloth stuffed into KK victim's mouth? If this had made the media surely HH victim/investigating officer/Probation Officers would have come forward acknowledging same MO had been used on her????
Shouldn't have needed publicity. It should have come up in a police investigation by Claremont detectives in 1995 if they investigated the KK rape competently.

Just going back over the thread and this jumped out at me for a kind of strange reason. We've been told of two incidents now where BRE burst out of a toilet to attack someone, HH and a Huntingdale prowler series event but I saw an internet exchange almost straight after the alleged was arrested.

Everybody knows pretty sure, that I was looking around for a while on WA crossdressers sites and scanning blogs. Someone was complaining that they'd gone into the female public toilets at Northbridge (I don't know the area at all) and a tall dark man dressed in drag jumped out from behind a cubicle and without warning started yelling and laying into her. She said his mascara had run.

I did save but lost it. The incident was quite a few months before the arrest, coincidence likely but thought it might be worth mentioning here.
Yes it's worth looking at. There was also the boot-lined vehicle, person who was spotted and let go, I think that was in Northbridge. Northbridge is the next suburb to Perth, it has lots of active night life and eateries.

Sorry people that was Highgate not Northbridge. Highgate is the next suburb to Northbridge.

Last edited:
Nothing is certain but you think there's a real chance of acquittal @PowerRaid ?

I’d be really surprised if BRE is found not guilty.

But talking to a lawyer about compensation if found not guilty, I was stunned there is no requirement for compensation. If I were locked up for three years awaiting trial, I’d be seeking compensation one way or another.

I’d also wish there was compensation for victims of crime due to police incompetence. It may not be relevant in this case in terms of preventable outcomes, but it certainly could of. Once they had a DNA swab or finger print, BRE should have been arrested.

Essentially they should of had their man in the 90s.

Hollywood Hospital during daylight hours is open for all manner of comings and goings. One could still wander all corridors without being challenged. 1990 I doubt a "building access" pass would be necessary/required. Tech would walk on in - attend to the naughty switchboard and walk out. Seems at HH BRE couldn't fix the system/switchboard on this particulary day and this caused BRE angst - and the Social worker used "Terse Talk" (BRE version and BRE snapped).

2 police would just take a Statement from the victim (she doesnt have to attend court - because he pleads Guilty) - a Statement from the arresting Security Guard at HH (he doesnt attend court either due to Guilty plea) - a Statement from BRE - and WAPOL will be thrilled he pleads Guilty - that's the end for the cops. Type up the brief for the Court - and, leave it for the Judge. If he had an order to attend a Sex Offenders course..... he did that and all kept his nose clean for 2 years = All sorted.

I would have done the same in 1990 - call Telstra to fix my switchboard immediately (Adelaide Terrace) - normally I'd say - send Brian not Jeff (he's dopey) - and, say "its broken again - like last week - and, I need it fixed now! when a Tech couldnt fix it in 10mins I'd say - FFS send somebody who knows what they are doing! - send me Brian and hurry I've a business to run!

Regardless; BRE pleaded GUILTY to this HH crime.

And, it's mightly close MO style (propensity evidence) to a grab a female from the back and gag the mouth, drag and attack........ KK (his DNA)...... and SS JR & CG (DNA)
It was Geoff, not Jeff. ;)
Geoff just just an involuntary redundancy from Silcar, and is looking for another technician job, if you hear of any.

Sent from my SM-A305YN using Tapatalk

Yes it's worth looking at. There was also the boot-lined vehicle, person who was spotted and let go, I think that was in Northbridge. Northbridge is the next suburb to Perth, it has lots of active night life and eateries.

Sorry people that was Highgate not Northbridge. Highgate is the next suburb to Northbridge.

I've not looked at exactly where the public toilets are in Northbridge before but having a little squizzy now, low and behold they're right next door to the Geisha Bar, described as Perth's most decadent nightclub. Kimono anybody?

It was Geoff, not Jeff. ;)
Geoff just just an involuntary redundancy from Silcar, and is looking for another technician job, if you hear of any.

I hear they are shipping teams of excess Perth telecom techies out to Sydney to help replace Telstra pits and some of the old copper, dig fibre trenches, and lay fibre for the nbn FTTC in the rush to meet a June 2020 completion deadline (not quite completion .... buts that for another thread).

Thanks for the link - I'll read it later. I'm aware of the sandwich bags, any ideas what he intended to do with them? LOL
Maybe the wanking into sandwich bags are to give him a way out. After all, how do you prove that someone else couldn't of got hold of a bag and used it's contents to contaminate a crime scene or collected evidence sample? What if the accused knew that one of his ex work colleagues was working in an exhibit storage facility and so has decided to start wanking into bags in anticipation of asserting that this behaviour was donkeys years old and that he left them in the depot fridge back in the day? How would the prosecution refute that defence? I doubt that they could. Maybe that's the set up with the sandwich bags?

the set up with the sandwich bags?

Telstra's copper network held together with plastic bags, Senate told.
The union representing Telstra field staff estimates up to 80% of the telco's "disgraceful" copper-wire network pits have been patched together by plastic bags or ring-barked cables.

That might explain how using plastic bags to patch up the copper telecom network became popular.

Last edited:
I don’t think the accused was regarded as an Aussie Rules pro :)

That might explain how using plastic bags to patch up the copper telecom network became popular.
Geoff never played football. Geof got his redundancy from Telstra in early 2000's. Then took some level 1 clerical contract jobs. A year at MOJ then a year at WAPOL. During the period that his Telstra payout said that he couldn't do technician work. Problem with the WAPOL contract is that he still has to go to court to give chain of custody evidence years afterwards.
Now he has to go to court over this CSK case to give chain of custody evidence in a case against someone he used to work with decades ago.

Last edited:
I've not looked at exactly where the public toilets are in Northbridge before but having a little squizzy now, low and behold they're right next door to the Geisha Bar, described as Perth's most decadent nightclub. Kimono anybody?
I think that bar got shut down thanks to the dodgy owner who scammed many Americans via a text message scam. He's been sitting in Hakea prison for close toa year. I wonder if he possibly met BRE before he was transferred. He might have been his best customer

Maybe the wanking into sandwich bags are to give him a way out. After all, how do you prove that someone else couldn't of got hold of a bag and used it's contents to contaminate a crime scene or collected evidence sample? What if the accused knew that one of his ex work colleagues was working in an exhibit storage facility and so has decided to start wanking into bags in anticipation of asserting that this behaviour was donkeys years old and that he left them in the depot fridge back in the day? How would the prosecution refute that defence? I doubt that they could. Maybe that's the set up with the sandwich bags?

Would that scenario go to a consciousness of guilt?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back