List Mgmt. Father/Son Eligible Kids List

Remove this Banner Ad

Aug 4, 2004
on planet Crow
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
36ers
Mark Williams is the Port equivalent of Andrew Jarman.
He's about as intelligent.

The difference between Crows ex-players in the media and Ports are that on the whole the Crows ex-players tend to try and be balanced about Port. They continue to support Crows, but are at least respectful of Port.
Meanwhile Port's ex-players, tend to be complete trolls with little idea as to just how Port really rate on the wider scale. They take pot shots at the Crows at all times.

It's very noticeable that our players feel they need to be 'supportive' of Port, but Ports ex-players feel no need to do the same for the Crows.

ManInTheArena

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 21, 2008
Australia
AFL Club
Adelaide
The thing I get concerned about with father/son selections is they've usually garnered a lot of knowledge and discipline because of who their dad is before they even get drafted. I think this leaves them with far less upside and room for improvement than other draft picks who aren't fortunate enough to have past AFL players and even current AFL coaches working with them their whole life.

Being honest, I don't think he'll make it. Sometimes ambition exceeds biology, and it's never going to happen regardless of determination, but good luck to him.

Crowbots are dead

Premiership Player
Oct 11, 2012
AFL Club
Adelaide

The difference between Crows ex-players in the media and Ports are that on the whole the Crows ex-players tend to try and be balanced about Port. They continue to support Crows, but are at least respectful of Port.
Meanwhile Port's ex-players, tend to be complete trolls with little idea as to just how Port really rate on the wider scale. They take pot shots at the Crows at all times.

It's very noticeable that our players feel they need to be 'supportive' of Port, but Ports ex-players feel no need to do the same for the Crows.
Tredrea is an exception. I would say that bone is actually much tougher on us than port but that’s probably sour grapes.

Nov 23, 2018
AFL Club
Adelaide
Great to hear he (Jackson Edwards) is actively doing something about his footy dream and wants another crack

Hypothetically, if Jackson were to improve significantly as a player, would the same F/S conditions apply should he re-enter the draft? Or can you only select a player as a F/S once?

Apr 22, 2018
AFL Club
Adelaide
Sep 28, 2014
AFL Club
Adelaide

Chip on shoulder ! Tredrea doesn’t seem too bad ?

I think we let Jackson go because we didn't see much improvement in him. He was already very professional with his preparation and fitness. He was already doing stuff that most draftees need to be taught and he had spent his life being taught skills by a 300game AFL player so our skills and development coaches weren't going to do much more, they thought he is probably already getting everything out of himself and unlikely to be able to improve to AFL standard. If he rocked up to the club with higher skinfold numbers, maybe the club would have thought there was more they could get out of him.
I get what you're saying, but I hope that isn't/wasn't our attitude with him or any other player we might pick up going forward. There is always improvement and development to be made.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Oct 14, 2005
Canberra
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Norwood, Adelaide Crows
I get what you're saying, but I hope that isn't/wasn't our attitude with him or any other player we might pick up going forward. There is always improvement and development to be made.
There is... but some players have greater scope for improvement & development than others. Jackson had limited scope for improvement, and what they did project wasn't enough to make him an AFL standard player.

ChilliP

All Australian
Nov 8, 2018
Goolwa
AFL Club
Adelaide

It's the reality of recruiting and deciding what talent to keep. not everyone improves at the same rate. Jackson's season in the SANFL was better than C.E.Y's first was for example, but with Cam we saw that there was lots of coachable things he was doing wrong that we could potentially improve. If you're doing all the coachable things right and still a fair bit away from where you need to be then you are very unlikely to get to that level. It's not saying that he won't become a better footballer than he is now (I think he could get to a Grigg level SANFL player), it's saying there is not enough room for improvement for him to become a good AFL player.

ad victoriam

Brownlow Medallist
Jan 2, 2016
Barossa
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
CDFC
From the AFC web page
"James Borlase, a member of the Club’s Next Generation Academy and Crows Acceleration Squad, was recently selected in the AFL Academy Future game."

Oct 14, 2005
Canberra
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Norwood, Adelaide Crows
Oct 14, 2005
Canberra
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Norwood, Adelaide Crows
Also, I believe that there is a Graham Johncock Jnr as well.
You're a very welcome font of information! Any more you're aware of?

Graham Johncock Jnr confirmed: https://www.afc.com.au/news/2016-05-24/where-are-they-now-graham-johncock
“It’s not always easy to get over to Adelaide with a young family, as well as work and footy. My eldest daughter, Felicity, is going to school now. My second daughter, Nevaeh, has just turned five and my little man (Graham Junior) is about to turn two. They keep us on our toes, which is good.”
Article is dates 2016, so Graham Jnr would have been born in 2014.

BronCrow

Club Legend
Sep 20, 2019
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Liverpool FC
Aug 9, 2019
Victorian Central Highlands
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams