Preview P.F. vs. GWS (Sat 21/09 4:35pm MCG) In: Reid/Aish, Out: JDG/Levi. Teams #1523

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cameron 196cm 94kg 72goals
Finlayson 196cm 91kg 37 goals
Himmelberg. 194cm 92kg 27 goals

and they've now added 200cm+ Keefe to play 2nd ruck-forward to replace Greene.

We've got Moore and Roughead for two of those players... but if you think Howe at 190cm 86 kg and Aish at 183cm are great matchups then on the likes of Himmelberg and Keefe... then the jokes on you.

Even more so because of the unnecessary arrogance and misguided sense of superiority to your post.

Well I guess this Game is already Decided then:rolleyes:

There's something to be said for momentum but the Giants must surely be feeling the pinch after a couple of fast, bruising encounters.

Whitfield and Greene would normally combine for about 50 touches and 3 goals, which is going to be very hard to replace.

I doubt Lachy Keeffe is the answer!

I think GWS can't match us at ground level now with their smaller medium types.. basically they think they're screwed without Greene and Whitfield.. so they're doing a hali mary by playing talls.
Maybe Scharenberg a late in? To give us extra height?

So where is their overload point?

Greene?

Whitfield?

Coniglio?

That is a LOT of drive to go without.

We know this Collingwood side can perform whilst under pressure from injuries and suspensions.

At what point do GWS blow a fuse?

Will be a very interesting game

So where is their overload point?

Greene?

Whitfield?

Coniglio?

That is a LOT of drive to go without.

We know this Collingwood side can perform whilst under pressure from injuries and suspensions.

At what point do GWS blow a fuse?

Will be a very interesting game
The counter-argument to all this rational, well-considered analysis is that Collingwood has a rich history of playing horribly when heavy favourites. Some of our most shattering defeats have come from that position. I expect us to win but jeez I'm nervous!

I suspect most long-term Pies supporters are much more comfortable and confident when we go in as underdogs. Much less to lose, emotionally.

The counter-argument to all this rational, well-considered analysis is that Collingwood has a rich history of playing horribly when heavy favourites. Some of our most shattering defeats have come from that position. I expect us to win but jeez I'm nervous!

I suspect most long-term Pies supporters are much more comfortable and confident when we go in as underdogs. Much less to lose, emotionally.
I've been on board since 64 and never been emotionally uninvestsed.

Keeping it simple.

No previous game or history has any bearing on tomorrow’s game.

Only the actual players tomorrow can get the result we want.

Get ball.
Do good things with it.
Rinse repeat.

That simple.

It's gong to be pissing down so Aish in is the right call. Moore, Roughy and Howe can cover the talls with Crisp, Aish, Maynard and Noble rebounding.

Let's be fair dinkum, this game will be won in the middle. Those boys fire and we're going to the big dance.

Go you good things.

Keeping it simple.No previous game or history has any bearing on tomorrow’s game.Only the actual players tomorrow can get the result we want.Get ball.Do good things with it.Rinse repeat.
That simple.
OMG that is a pleasure to read - get pill - dispose of to teammate in better position - run like hell to support - kick pill between two big white sticks - listen to crowd approval - repeat for more pleasure
Tackle other pri**s when they have pill

It's gong to be pi**ing down so Aish in is the right call. Moore, Roughy and Howe can cover the talls with Crisp, Aish, Maynard and Noble rebounding.

Let's be fair dinkum, this game will be won in the middle. Those boys fire and we're going to the big dance.

Go you good things.

I thought most of the Rain was in the Morning

More likely a Giants tall a late out to give them less height. It seriously wouldnt shock me if they left Mumford out

Or they could expose us for height like last time , all be it we are taller this time it's still 1 short imo.

Shaz over Aish made perfect sense for Giants match ups.

If it was tigers then I'd see it differently with all their smalls and only 2 tall kpf.

Don't want to see an Aish vs Finlayson or himmelberg matchup....(all weather dependant of course heavy rain may change it).

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Or they could expose us for height like last time , all be it we are taller this time it's still 1 short imo.

If it was tigers then I'd see it differently with all their smalls and only 2 tall kpf.

Don't want to see an Aish vs Finlayson or himmelberg matchup....(all weather dependant of course heavy rain may change it).

Well we have Moore in this Game

They exposed us for lack of cattle last run. We won’t be going into this game with Appleby Crocker Quaynor in our 22 for starters

There's some stuff he said that is quite libelous. He has completely besmirched the integrity and character of Christian for a start. Matthews has outright stated that Christian brought the charge because he's Collingwood.

The AFL should also take some action against this rogue numpty.
I agree. Very likely his comments on Christian meet the tests for defamation.
It seems like the GWS contingent got themselves in a bubble all week, where they talked only to each other and convinced themselves that Greene was misunderstood and victimised, the video evidence showed that Neale had raked his own eye and the whole matter was a conspiracy orchestrated by Eddie McGuire. Such are the perils of groupthink and a sense of entitlement bred by favourable treatment over several years.

There's something to be said for momentum but the Giants must surely be feeling the pinch after a couple of fast, bruising encounters.

Whitfield and Greene would normally combine for about 50 touches and 3 goals, which is going to be very hard to replace.

I doubt Lachy Keeffe is the answer!

They barely fell over the line last week with a late goal resulting from a blatant throw against a team that couldn't finish when they had the clear ascendancy throughout the second half and then lost their composure going inside F50 late in the game.

I'd hardly call that "momentum".

Last edited:
I agree. Very likely his comments on Christian meet the tests for defamation.
It seems like the GWS contingent got themselves in a bubble all week, where they talked only to each other and convinced themselves that Greene was misunderstood and victimised, the video evidence showed that Neale had raked his own eye and the whole matter was a conspiracy orchestrated by Eddie McGuire. Such are the perils of groupthink and a sense of entitlement bred by favourable treatment over several years.

Piss weak from Gil not to ask for a please explain when every single other club would get one, just because it's an AFL run club. Their CEO has literally questioned the integrity of the MRO and tribunal in one fell swoop and the alleged "football manager" (who wouldn't know his a-hole from his elbow) wasn't much better.

How these morons couldn't see Green dive into a situation he didn't need to be in, sneak in a quick attempted rake of the fingers in the vicinity of Neale's eye and then immediately get up and run off is beyond me.

Yes it would be somewhat incestuous for AFL house to effectively be fining themselves, but the rules should be applied evenly to all clubs, no?

its coming midday now.

BOM are still showing most of what rain there might be coming before the game and their detailed forecast page is generally close to being spot on despite it only being in beta.

The amount of rain overall is going to be minimal so unless there's a light shower early in the game then it'll probably be dry-ish conditions.

Bloody Hope Stopped Raining by the Time Starts

Take one of those disposable ponchos Dave - between that and your cap you should be right if there is a light shower.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back