List Mgmt. 2019 List Management: Contracts, Trading, Drafting, Academy

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, nicely measured yet informative in what he says. Interesting conversation on the rucks - definitely looking at experienced ruckman rather than a draftee. No comment regarding Tommo's future - but 'he's really loved around the club'. Didn't see a running back as a priority (but open minded) - when Shaw & Reid go, 'we've still got Williams, Kennedy, Cumming and Perryman'.

Cheers for the heads up. That was really good to listen to. AC speaks superbly.

Unsure in the logic in paying a big price for Tom Green given he admits he will struggle to play other positions and the Giants are stacked with inside mids?

Great hearing about what the recruiters liked about certain players pre-draft (Daniels, Taylor, Caldwell etc).

Cheers for the heads up. That was really good to listen to. AC speaks superbly.

Unsure in the logic in paying a big price for Tom Green given he admits he will struggle to play other positions and the Giants are stacked with inside mids?

Great hearing about what the recruiters liked about certain players pre-draft (Daniels, Taylor, Caldwell etc).
Cause he’ll be better than most of the inside mids on our list.

Ward will be 30 start of next season and no doubt clubs will be throwing big money at Hopper. But the way the game has gone contested bulls are being played all over the field. Toby started as an inside mid and has become one of the best half fwds in the game.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Well, that's your ruck sorted for the next 2 years. Is Mummy likely going into retirement again? Would you be maybe throwing a low pick Adelaide's way in a trade so as to preserve the Tomlinson compensation assuming he leaves.
Yeah. That would be the theory as the rumour is that Mummy's knees have had it.
Some sort of low pick swap may be part of the deal so we can boost the points.
The young Giants rucks are promising but will need time.

I don't mind it you know. Will be a good enough pick up.

Didn't he kick 10 against us once ?

Big Crow set for Giant move after becoming free agent - http://m.afl.com.au/news/2019-09-20...crow-seeks-new-home-after-becoming-free-agent

On SM-N960F using BigFooty.com mobile app
That was Tom lynch

Jacobs will be a good pick up for you guys. Is still one of the better tap ruckmen going around so will win his fair share of centre bounce taps to feed your midfield guns. Don't expect too much around the ground from him though.

Well, that's your ruck sorted for the next 2 years. Is Mummy likely going into retirement again? Would you be maybe throwing a low pick Adelaide's way in a trade so as to preserve the Tomlinson compensation assuming he leaves.
I would say so.

As long as sauce is fit then he will cover us until Flynn and Briggs are ready.

I would say so.

As long as sauce is fit then he will cover us until Flynn and Briggs are ready.

Just wonder if the time hasn’t come for us to accept we are in the window and pay overs for the right ruckman? Jacobs seems very much in the Simpson mould.

Should we perhaps go to a Gold Coast and offer them a package for a Jarrod Witts? He is the kind of physical modern day ruckman we need and is wasting his best years there.

If not him perhaps another? Sure ruckman are at a premium but everything has a price?

I just don’t see the benefit of stockpiling more mids when we are going to end up trading a bunch out because they won’t get a game.

We can’t win a flag with spare parts ruckmen, and by the time ours are ready we might have missed the boat.

Time to get really aggressive and take a proper risk I reckon.

Just wonder if the time hasn’t come for us to accept we are in the window and pay overs for the right ruckman? Jacobs seems very much in the Simpson mould.

Should we perhaps go to a Gold Coast and offer them a package for a Jarrod Witts? He is the kind of physical modern day ruckman we need and is wasting his best years there.

If not him perhaps another? Sure ruckman are at a premium but everything has a price?

I just don’t see the benefit of stockpiling more mids when we are going to end up trading a bunch out because they won’t get a game.

We can’t win a flag with spare parts ruckmen, and by the time ours are ready we might have missed the boat.

Do we have the cap space?

If we re-sign Whitfield and Jezza then that would be 4 players on a Million (those 2 plus Cogs and Soon to be Kelly) and then another on 800k ish with Greene.

Jacobs is an upgrade on what we have had in the past 2 seasons. If he stays fit it's a win, worst case is another Deledio but were not giving up a first rounder for him. Would still like a back up to be bought in, hopefully a delisted 23-25 yo who has played a few games and is hungry for a shot. If Jacobs goes down they are getting a plum gig.

In theory that’s fine but witts is in their leadership group, contracted and heavily entrenched in their club. He is no chance of leaving

He is different to Simpson in that daws was second fiddle and couldn’t get a game where as Jacobs has been the main main there for a while now. He lost his spot when he was injured and had to earn it back but at the end of the season when they simply had to win, Jacobs was the man they went to

We could do worse

Do we have the cap space?

If we re-sign Whitfield and Jezza then that would be 4 players on a Million (those 2 plus Cogs and Soon to be Kelly) and then another on 800k ish with Greene.

I think so mate, basically it would require trading out a couple of players but I think it would be worth it. Patton and maybe Tomlinson are likely to leave, Heater I suspect will end up at GC and Deledio retires.

It might take a brave move to let a nice kid go and a good pick but the kind of player we would get should be affordable and will be a legitimate chance of winning a flag.

In theory that’s fine but witts is in their leadership group, contracted and heavily entrenched in their club. He is no chance of leaving

He is different to Simpson in that daws was second fiddle and couldn’t get a game where as Jacobs has been the main main there for a while now. He lost his spot when he was injured and had to earn it back but at the end of the season when they simply had to win, Jacobs was the man they went to

We could do worse

He’s definitely an upgrade but he is pretty banged up and his mobility is only fair. He will need support. I think we were looking at Darcy Cameron but he chose the Pies.

I just really dislike our lack of importance for this position, it’s laughable the lack of emphasis we have placed on it re recruitment.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back