List Mgmt. 2019 Trade Thread - Part III

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bruce for Jones essentially.

I’m not sure we are better off there.

The echo chamber of AFL media... Ralph says it so Cheeseburger runs with it then it gets picked up by someone else until it becomes fact. Rinse and repeat, change the clubs name & players involved.

Just like Brad Scott will be our coach.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'd say that's the definition of dilution. Turn your better players into beige. The forward line is the least of our problems so we take a problem in the midfield and shift it to the forward line. Keath is bland, Jones is like a speedier Dunny. I like Dunny but I'm not selling the farm for him.
How is a second round pick for Jones selling the farm?

Like the Bruce, but in all seriousness he is not a smart full forward. Gets into a battle with the defenders & doesn’t know how to push of from them, hence he doesn’t recieve many frees as the umps reckons they are both in it. Will miss his work around the ground, but if we get a half decent offer, we should take it.

That would place him in band 3 for the compo - which is what the Dogs got for Dahlhaus last year, North got for Wells 2 years ago and Freo got for Mayne 2 years ago.

They take into consideration age, games played and contract offered - Newnes being young in the FA scale helps us, he's plays regular games which suits us and an average contract would also suit us.

Surely he'd be on an average contract with us, and he'd be after a bit more to go elsewhere, though i guess a bit more than average still comes in at a similar band.

Honestly don't see why people are whinging about Zak Jones, instant upgrade on Newnes. Has pace, probably similar reliability kick and can find the ball more than Newnes.

I agree with you, am pretty excited about the prospect of having his toughness and speed in the middle.

Not as a straight swap for Bruce (or something like that) as reported I hope, but he does improve us. If it’s a straight swap for Newnes then 👍🏼.

Probably been mentioned but what about a trade involving and possibly some picks etc
Tim Kelly freo
Hill st kilda
Steven Geelong

Probably been mentioned but what about a trade involving and possibly some picks etc
Tim Kelly freo
Hill st kilda
Steven Geelong
Tim Kelly freo
Hill st kilda
Steven Geelong

The way Kelly is playing he's worth Hill, Steven and a couple of first round picks. He's a gun.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'd say that's the definition of dilution. Turn your better players into beige. The forward line is the least of our problems so we take a problem in the midfield and shift it to the forward line. Keath is bland, Jones is like a speedier Dunny. I like Dunny but I'm not selling the farm for him.

He can't get the ball like Dunstan can.
Though.....its possible if he plays there full time.

On Hogan...he's great...sometimes. Bruce is more consistent.

I think it's more likely we will use Newnes compo for Jones instead everything we get for Bruce.

I think that is what will exactly happen.

Not sure how get Keath but if Bruce stays then we don’t need him. And unless the Bulldogs want to part with their 1st RDP then Bruce surely stays.

It’s hard to believe the Bulldogs would offer a lucrative 4 year deal then not follow through in a trade.

I think that is what will exactly happen.

Not sure how get Keath but if Bruce stays then we don’t need him. And unless the Bulldogs want to part with their 1st RDP then Bruce surely stays.

It’s hard to believe the Bulldogs would offer a lucrative 4 year deal then not follow through in a trade.

Re Bruce - clubs offer those deals all the time and the deal can’t be done.

A question for the board - why would wouldn’t we simply swap Newnes for Jones? Or is Newnes not going to the Swans?

Re Bruce - clubs offer those deals all the time and the deal can’t be done.

A question for the board - why would wouldn’t we simply swap Newnes for Jones? Or is Newnes not going to the Swans?

No idea where Newnes is going but since he is a Free Agent, if he went to Sydney then they could get him plus a pick for Jones where a straight swap would just give them a player.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back