Game Day Richmond v Geelong, Preliminary Finals — Fri 20 Sep, 7:50PM AEST, MCG

Who wins?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Cats cooked. Kelly gone, Taylor & Ablett surely will retire. Selwood , Hawkins & Danger a year older! Won’t reach a prelim for more than a decade now. Effin blew it!

I'm sure your 3 premierships will console you in the following lean years. Spare a thought for Saints and Dees fans. Even Bombers and Blues, 19 and 24 years and counting.

Richmond have some very smart players. They tap the ball on to advantage instead of taking possession and drawing tackles. Very great to watch.
I wish stkilda players were smart but they are not, they are crap and ******ed.

Dustin Martin is one of the 5 best ever players to play the game, he is up there with wayne carey.

Dangerfield vanished in the last quarter.
I'm a Dusty fan - he's a gun - but please, don't overegg it... even Richmond in it's history has had 5 players better than Dusty, let alone the history of every player to have played the game.

Not entirely disagreeing with that, but when Richmond starting dominating the clearances after half time, having a Geelong midfielder stand up and win the clearances would have been just as valuable as a big forward.

Lynch did awesome tonight, great game, but in that second half the tiger midfield gave him ample supply with their domination

Lynch was dominant in the first half when he was getting very little supply though.

Imagine if this was a smashing as predicted by many before the game?
He may very well have finished with 8 or more goals.

Amazing Geelong couldn’t win that.

Graham pops his shoulder out, carries it for 3 quarters. Knocks to Cotchin and Martin - played under duress for 3 quarters. Broad concussed.

What a choke by the handbaggers. Where is Cockarfitt?

This team may win ugly sometimes, but we have some ******* balls. 17 other teams in the comp would kill to have the heart this club does.
If Dangerfield popped his shoulder like Graham did, he’d probably be on the bench for those three quarters. That was the difference in the end. Who wanted it more, who wants the flag. Probably the best chance Geelong would’ve had for a while. Dangerfield too.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Back