Game Day Richmond v Geelong, Preliminary Finals — Fri 20 Sep, 7:50PM AEST, MCG

Who wins?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

He struck a player in the neck with his elbow off the ball, player falls to the ground, no reason to do it what so ever.

I dont think Houli should miss the GF for it, but didnt think Hawkins or Greene should have missed either.

The MRP makes it up as they go, its a bit like the umping of HTB and incorrect disposal.

The amount of Mayo put on that by Myers was out of control.
Not only will Houli not get suspended, he won’t even get fined.

Tiges supporters first half: injuries, razor ray, week off.

Tiges supporters after half time: besterest club, dimma is real god guy, riewoldt invisible hero

Lions supporters after round 23: need home ground advantage

Lions supporters after QF2: we need a new home ground

He struck a player in the neck with his elbow off the ball, player falls to the ground, no reason to do it what so ever.

I dont think Houli should miss the GF for it, but didnt think Hawkins or Greene should have missed either.

The MRP makes it up as they go, its a bit like the umping of HTB and incorrect disposal.

Hawkins punched a bloke in the back of the head and legitimately dazed him for a good minute. Totally different incident.

Also, how many moore filthy off the ball hits does Houli have to throw before he is renowned as the complete thug he is? "I do a bit of work in the community, here eat my fist...". "Hey i do wonders for the local muslims, here eat my elbow while i have 30 odd cheapies, bop!"

Does anyone actually have footage of miers, all i can see is people talking s**t

I think Houli will get a fine. He elbowed Miers in the shoulder/neck region. Miers went down like a $2 hooker. Nothing in it.

I think Hawkins is lucky he didn't get 4 weeks

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Also, how many moore filthy off the ball hits does Houli have to throw before he is renowned as the complete thug he is? "I do a bit of work in the community, here eat my fist...". "Hey i do wonders for the local muslims, here eat my elbow while i have 30 odd cheapies, bop!"

Probably *moore* than what you expect

Love these chirpy straight-sets lions types

Geez, bears fans are triggered at us after we HAMMERED THEM INTO OBLIVION this season.

Cracking game of footy. Credit to both teams. Wrapped we got up.

There are a lot of tigers fans on this site I can’t stand - you aren’t one of them.

I think a lot of our finals failures in the last few years have been a consequence of not having a finals ‘everything on the line’ mentality. That wasn’t the case last night. We ‘brought it’ and for a while Richmond couldn’t go with it. Without Lynch in the first half it could have well been game over - his work even though it had only yielded one or two goals gave you something to work with. Tigers’ class shone in the third, and in the last I thought we actually gave a real good shout but our execution was just not good enough.

I’m definitely pretty positive about next year if the likes of Atkins and Miers continue to improve, and depending on what we get for Kelly.

There are a lot of tigers fans on this site I can’t stand - you aren’t one of them.

I think a lot of our finals failures in the last few years have been a consequence of not having a finals ‘everything on the line’ mentality. That wasn’t the case last night. We ‘brought it’ and for a while Richmond couldn’t go with it. Without Lynch in the first half it could have well been game over - his work even though it had only yielded one or two goals gave you something to work with. Tigers’ class shone in the third, and in the last I thought we actually gave a real good shout but our execution was just not good enough.

I’m definitely pretty positive about next year if the likes of Atkins and Miers continue to improve, and depending on what we get for Kelly.

I can’t stand these footy w***er trolls that think losing a prelim means you’re no good. Of course Geelong is a good team and have had a successful year. Last night you gave it an absolute crack. What more can they do? You have every reason to be positive about next year. It’s clear you have to stick with the kids. They are showing something.
What interests me is the route your club now takes. Clarko is ruthless. Look at the players he moved on to regenerate. Do you guys follow suit. Every season Ablett, Taylor and even a Hawkins/Selwood play, now takes a kids spot. It’s gonna be fascinating.

Geez, bears fans are triggered at us after we HAMMERED THEM INTO OBLIVION this season.
And all of your retaliations are in regards to the posters listed club. Real intellectual, playground types. Its like only your cheer squad is allowed to post on here

I can’t stand these footy w***er trolls that think losing a prelim means you’re no good. Of course Geelong is a good team and have had a successful year. Last night you gave it an absolute crack. What more can they do? You have every reason to be positive about next year. It’s clear you have to stick with the kids. They are showing something.
What interests me is the route your club now takes. Clarko is ruthless. Look at the players he moved on to regenerate. Do you guys follow suit. Every season Ablett, Taylor and even a Hawkins/Selwood play, now takes a kids spot. It’s gonna be fascinating.

Taylor would be the first one I’d move on. He had some immense moments last night but also some real ‘he’s too old’ ones too. And that’s been the case for a few seasons. Ablett, the last 3 games aside, was as effective as any 25 year old in the same role so with management I would imagine he’s got one year left. Of the other two, Hawkins has to play as long as he can IMO. His last two seasons have been arguably on his best 4 overall and with Ratugolea a legitimate target now, I would like to think they could kick 100 between them next season and really stretch a few defences.

Scott has made some hard decisions in the past so I don’t see him being afraid of giving Selwood a tap on the shoulder maybe in a year’s time.

And you’re dead right. Making a prelim makes you a good side and serving it up to a team on a roll like Richmond are until deep into the last quarter only supports that theory.

There’s 14 other supporter bases who’d have given a lot to be where we were last night.

And unlike other recent finals failures, it’s not a question of wondering how much we are going to drop off, it’s about how much we can improve with that experience under our belts

Misleading.
Most teams would have a similar or worse ratio i would think.
Only one team gets through any given year with 100% finals wins.
Get to the grand final and lose and you've only won 66% of finals that year!
Not many teams would have a record of 50+% finals winrate since 2012. Especially those teams who've featured often (such as geelong).
Nothing misleading about it.
5 times in the past 7 years, Geelong has finished the H&A season in the Top 3 and not one Grand Final appearance in that time
They haven't just snuck into the Top 4 like Hawthorn did last year. They've been equal top of the ladder!

1 Haw 19-3, 136% Premiers
2 Geel 18-4, 136% Lost Prelim
3 Freo 16-5-1, 134% Grand Finalist
4 Syd. 15-6-1, 133%
5 Rich 15-7, 123%
6 Coll 14-8, 115%
7 Port 12-10, 102%
8 Carl 11-11, 107%

1 Syd. 17-5, 143% Grand Finalist
2 Haw 17-5, 141% Premiers
3 Geel 17-5, 114% Straight sets
4 Freo 16-6, 130%
5 Port 14-8, 130%
6 NM 14-8, 117%
7 Ess 12-9-1, 106%
8 Rich 12-10, 106%

1 Syd. 17-5, 151% Grand Finalist
2 Geel 17-5, 144% Lost Prelim
3 Haw 17-5, 119%
4 GWS 16-6, 143%
5 Adel 16-6, 138%
6 WCE 16-6, 130%
7 W.B 15-7, 115% Premiers
8 NM 12-10, 105%

1 Adel 15-6-1, 136% Grand Finalist
2 Geel 15-6-1, 117% Lost Prelim
3 Rich 15-7, 118% Premiers
4 GWS 14-6-2, 115%
5 Port 14-8, 130%
6 Syd. 14-8, 127%
7 Ess 12-10, 107%
8 WCE 12-10, 106%

1 Geel 16-6, 136% Lost Prelim
2 Bris 16-6, 118%
3 Rich 16-6, 114% Grand Finalist
4 Coll 15-7, 118% Grand Finalist?
5 WCE 15-7, 113%
6 GWS 13-9, 115% Grand Finalist?
7 W.B 12-10, 107%
8 Ess 12-10, 95

I recall Ablett got off twice earlier in the year for something similar - except Ablett actually made contact with the head of his opponent.

3 minute 8 second mark of "highlights"

Houli did not even cause a free kick, but crazy state of AFL judiciary might to get a small fine for high contact?
BUT Miers big fine$ for poor academy award losing melodrama performance

omg people actually think that is worth a week........

Geelong really blew it tonight. I genuinely wonder why they couldn’t use the half time lead to carry them on? I mean we are talking about a GF appearance here. Dangerfield forward? Really? Try it on for half a quarter, sure, but when Richmond start heaving it out of the middle, you need your number one midfielder there. WTF is Scott doing?

No Hawkins really really hurt. Henderson actually wasn’t awful. It becomes about just kicking it in his direction up there, deep. It worked well for the first half. Dangerfield had to get himself into the middle, or Selwood had to call him in. Scott has ****ed Geelong. Stanley week one, messing with PD last night. And then a failing from Geelong to hold Richmond and capitalise on the lead.

I genuinely feel the end of the road is nigh. The thing is that Scott seems to find a way, always. But this loss could really really burn. This was the year.

Back