Game Day Richmond v Geelong, Preliminary Finals — Fri 20 Sep, 7:50PM AEST, MCG

Who wins?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

I can’t stand these footy w***er trolls that think losing a prelim means you’re no good. Of course Geelong is a good team and have had a successful year. Last night you gave it an absolute crack. What more can they do? You have every reason to be positive about next year. It’s clear you have to stick with the kids. They are showing something.
What interests me is the route your club now takes. Clarko is ruthless. Look at the players he moved on to regenerate. Do you guys follow suit. Every season Ablett, Taylor and even a Hawkins/Selwood play, now takes a kids spot. It’s gonna be fascinating.
Taylor, Ablett, Henderson probably need to go. Selwood and Hawkins you keep. Scott needs to put the hard word to Gaz.

Yeah you’re like hawthorn fans, you go on more about your opponent than you do yourselves.
You have a win and don’t know how to enjoy the success properly.

Most teams supporters don’t worry about who they beat, they enjoy it 1st and hang crap later.
Hawks and Tigers are the worst ‘supporters’ around.

Geelol

Sacrificed his game while Lynch dominated

I’m not sure about that, I think he just looked slow and out of form, understandably he missed a lot of footy this year .
At what point does the coach say enough with the knock ons an just take possession of the football ?

Geelong really blew it tonight. I genuinely wonder why they couldn’t use the half time lead to carry them on? I mean we are talking about a GF appearance here. Dangerfield forward? Really? Try it on for half a quarter, sure, but when Richmond start heaving it out of the middle, you need your number one midfielder there. WTF is Scott doing?

No Hawkins really really hurt. Henderson actually wasn’t awful. It becomes about just kicking it in his direction up there, deep. It worked well for the first half. Dangerfield had to get himself into the middle, or Selwood had to call him in. Scott has f’ed Geelong. Stanley week one, messing with PD last night. And then a failing from Geelong to hold Richmond and capitalise on the lead.

I genuinely feel the end of the road is nigh. The thing is that Scott seems to find a way, always. But this loss could really really burn. This was the year.

The Stanley one was a massive overreaction imo.

He was going to get a bath from Grundy anyway, why not use someone more mobile and athletic who can actually have an impact in some other areas?

Our diabolical execution in the last quarter cost us more than any coaching f*** ups.

Bulldogs-esque numbers. Brad Johnson would surely have the record at 0-5. Thought Griffen was 0-5 too but missed 2017, Ward wasn’t playing in 2008 PF.

Leon Cameron is 0-3 as a player, 0-2 as a coach. Also lost his first four PFs as an assistant (08,09,10 WB, 11 Haw) but finally broke through in 2012 before leaving for GWS.

Brad Johnson & Matthew Clarke 0-5

Ryan Griffen, Callan Ward, Michael Doughty, Graham Johncock, Len Thompson 0-4.

52 players are 0-3, and another 7 are 0-2-1.

Heath Shaw a chance to go to 2-6 this evening.

Last edited:
I’m not sure about that, I think he just looked slow and out of form, understandably he missed a lot of footy this year .
At what point does the coach say enough with the knock ons an just take possession of the football ?
He may know he is out of touch drew his man away so Lynch could control forward area , some of his knock ons created goals but agreee there becomes a point you have to take possession✔️

And all of your retaliations are in regards to the posters listed club. Real intellectual, playground types. Its like only your cheer squad is allowed to post on here

Mate if you want to garnish intelligent responses how about making an intelligent post.
All you've done so far is have a dig at Richmond supporters about how they commented during the game and then call a bloke, who let's face it, has probably achieved more in his professional life and done more for the community than all BF posters combined, a thug, based on 2 incidents in his entire career.
Give us a spell.

Lacks understanding of the game not a very good politician either
Explain how Houlis actions were part of the game?

He didn't need to run anywhere near him for a start, then lifted his elbow.

Whether he gets suspended or not is debatable, but it will definitely be looked at, and with the inconsistencies of the mrp i wouldn't be confident.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Explain how Houlis actions were part of the game?

He didn't need to run anywhere near him for a start, then lifted his elbow.

Whether he gets suspended or not is debatable, but it will definitely be looked at, and with the inconsistencies of the mrp i wouldn't be confident.
Houli side stepped away from the player who came at him

Geelong really blew it tonight. I genuinely wonder why they couldn’t use the half time lead to carry them on? I mean we are talking about a GF appearance here. Dangerfield forward? Really? Try it on for half a quarter, sure, but when Richmond start heaving it out of the middle, you need your number one midfielder there. WTF is Scott doing?

No Hawkins really really hurt. Henderson actually wasn’t awful. It becomes about just kicking it in his direction up there, deep. It worked well for the first half. Dangerfield had to get himself into the middle, or Selwood had to call him in. Scott has f’ed Geelong. Stanley week one, messing with PD last night. And then a failing from Geelong to hold Richmond and capitalise on the lead.

I genuinely feel the end of the road is nigh. The thing is that Scott seems to find a way, always. But this loss could really really burn. This was the year.

Scott did what he thought was needed, Tom Hawkins gets rubbed out, tough , they got Richmond in the first half, but Richmond are a ruthless bunch and they do eat you alive while you are still fighting to stay in the battle of life, or the battle for GF entry.
Scott amd Geelong make it to the prelim, not a bad year , you don't sack coaches because opposition fans dislike them, I and my family are no fans of Geelong we're Hawks , but I can tell you Geelong are a heavy duty enemy, and for Richmond to turn it around and throw pressure at the cats after a lack lustre first half , well you have to ask whose going to beat them. Of course we all need to remember including all our on air experts , its 2019, this is not the Maggies 2018, everything is different. If Collingwood win , tonight I am really not sure who will be Premiers, I don't see the Giants beating Richmond, thats all.

Pies may have their measure , don't know, but it'll be a hell of a week in the old home town and I''ll be right there. No can't get to the game, but that GF week is a beauty. Imagine Collingwood and Richmond grand final. So just for the hype I hope the Giants get rolled today. But they may not ?

Nothing misleading about it.
5 times in the past 7 years, Geelong has finished the H&A season in the Top 3 and not one Grand Final appearance in that time
They haven't just snuck into the Top 4 like Hawthorn did last year. They've been equal top of the ladder!

1 Haw 19-3, 136% Premiers
2 Geel 18-4, 136% Lost Prelim
3 Freo 16-5-1, 134% Grand Finalist
4 Syd. 15-6-1, 133%
5 Rich 15-7, 123%
6 Coll 14-8, 115%
7 Port 12-10, 102%
8 Carl 11-11, 107%

1 Syd. 17-5, 143% Grand Finalist
2 Haw 17-5, 141% Premiers
3 Geel 17-5, 114% Straight sets
4 Freo 16-6, 130%
5 Port 14-8, 130%
6 NM 14-8, 117%
7 Ess 12-9-1, 106%
8 Rich 12-10, 106%

1 Syd. 17-5, 151% Grand Finalist
2 Geel 17-5, 144% Lost Prelim
3 Haw 17-5, 119%
4 GWS 16-6, 143%
5 Adel 16-6, 138%
6 WCE 16-6, 130%
7 W.B 15-7, 115% Premiers
8 NM 12-10, 105%

1 Adel 15-6-1, 136% Grand Finalist
2 Geel 15-6-1, 117% Lost Prelim
3 Rich 15-7, 118% Premiers
4 GWS 14-6-2, 115%
5 Port 14-8, 130%
6 Syd. 14-8, 127%
7 Ess 12-10, 107%
8 WCE 12-10, 106%

1 Geel 16-6, 136% Lost Prelim
2 Bris 16-6, 118%
3 Rich 16-6, 114% Grand Finalist
4 Coll 15-7, 118% Grand Finalist?
5 WCE 15-7, 113%
6 GWS 13-9, 115% Grand Finalist?
7 W.B 12-10, 107%
8 Ess 12-10, 95

And yet almost every year you've listed theyve reached the prelims. Thats a fairly strong club I wouldve thought to be constantly in the mix for 8years...

Grand finals are tough to get to, let alone win.

Absurd criticism unless you can show all the other clubs winrates in finals. I couod almost guarantee you every team would have a 0-40% finals winrate in the past 8years.

The only outliers will be teams like the dogs who bob up out of the blue, win the grandy and then vanish back into the abyss.

Houli side stepped away from the player who came at him

Yes Houli has nothing to be looked at, unlike the foolish boy from GWS who on re watching that wrestling from last week several times, is seen without doubt bringing his hands and fingers across the eyes and nose of an opponent, it looks terrible and of course no matter what Dermott says, the fact is it is the intent, and Toby should have got more! That is not how you intimidate an opponent Derm, and Neale wouldn't have been intimidated anyway because, he didn't know who had done it in the first place!

Back