Rumour Sean Darcy to the Cats.

catman2006

Norm Smith Medallist
Feb 15, 2006
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Sunderland & Penrith
Not sure about Darcy, Cats like mobile big men think they will stick with Blitz Stanley and big Sav for another year...

catman2006

Norm Smith Medallist
Feb 15, 2006
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Sunderland & Penrith
They'd be crazy to let him go ever unless they were getting English or O'Brien in. No other young-ish rucks showing as much promise. I will be so pi**ed if they even entertain the idea haha.
Quite sure cats would be over any young ruck weighing up his worth, but they are hard to find real quality...

dumdum

Cancelled
Jul 14, 2019
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
More the fact that delisting Scott Jones puts us down one in the ruck department and further heightens the chance of Darcy staying. Still not impossible but I'd say highly unlikely now.
its to the point everyone needs at least 3 Rucks on there list, anymore an its an overkill

matthew_s

Premiership Player
Aug 19, 2013
AFL Club
West Coast
More the fact that delisting Scott Jones puts us down one in the ruck department and further heightens the chance of Darcy staying. Still not impossible but I'd say highly unlikely now.

cheers, not sure i agree entirely, but thanks for clarifying.

i rate darcy, hope he stays. think he will be solid in another season or 2, hopefully big pre-season building his tank.

May 3, 2007
Parts Unknown
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Man City, Valencia, Lazio, Panthers
Do Freo fans actually rate Sean Darcy?

I’ve kept an eye on him all season since he’s been linked to us since the failed Kelly trade last year, and I haven’t seen anything to suggest he’s worth chasing.
''

Freo Fans do rate Sean Darcy.

I find your comment funny. Darcy is from the geelong under 18s.

his debut game was in round 14 of 2017 vs the cats in Geelong. He got 40 ruck hit outs that game. 3 weeks later he beat todd goldstein 34 hitouts to 31.

yep definately not worth chasing for the cats with their current ruck stocks

Jan 18, 2002
A bay at Rotto
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
East Rottnest
''

Freo Fans do rate Sean Darcy.

I find your comment funny. Darcy is from the geelong under 18s.

his debut game was in round 14 of 2017 vs the cats in Geelong. He got 40 ruck hit outs that game. 3 weeks later he beat todd goldstein 34 hitouts to 31.

yep definately not worth chasing for the cats with their current ruck stocks

Geelong don’t hold rucks in very high regard, load up on “midfield types”.

My Tilly

Premium Gold
Jun 30, 2018
AFL Club
Geelong
Do Freo fans actually rate Sean Darcy?

I’ve kept an eye on him all season since he’s been linked to us since the failed Kelly trade last year, and I haven’t seen anything to suggest he’s worth chasing.

He's worth chasing.
He's a big strong brute but has limited tank. That's the main concern.
He would be the best ruck we have had since Ottens.

Purrfect pussy

AFLPA MVP
Apr 3, 2019
AFL Club
Geelong
Darcy is going to one of the best rucks in the comp. he’s contracted and Freo are very unlikely to let him go.

If he was it would be deal like Kelly for Darcy.
Agree with the first bit, but 0 chance we’d do a straight swap, we would also want a pick that freo would be reluctant to give up.

There’s no reason to think Darcy isn’t happy at freo anyway, can’t see a deal being done.

My Tilly

Premium Gold
Jun 30, 2018
AFL Club
Geelong
Darcy is going to one of the best rucks in the comp. he’s contracted and Freo are very unlikely to let him go.

If he was it would be deal like Kelly for Darcy.

Darcy has progressed well but he is still very much an unknown quantity.

Kelly is widely considered to be one of the best midfielders in the game now. His finals campaign also illustrated the big stage does not phase him whatsoever.
I personally can't see a straight swap occurring as it's significant unders for Geelong.

May 3, 2007
Parts Unknown
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Darcy has progressed well but he is still very much an unknown quantity.

Kelly is widely considered to be one of the best midfielders in the game now. His finals campaign also illustrated the big stage does not phase him whatsoever.
I personally can't see a straight swap occurring as it's significant unders for Geelong.
Unknown quantity?

His debut game was round 14, 2017. It was vs geelong in geelong. He got 40 hit outs.

a few weeks later he beat todd goldstein 34 hitouts to 31.

My Tilly

Premium Gold
Jun 30, 2018
AFL Club
Geelong
Unknown quantity?

His debut game was round 14, 2017. It was vs geelong in geelong. He got 40 hit outs.

I know full well what he did to my team but he hasn't yet staked his claim as your preferred ruck or 2nd ruck.
Some of this is due to injury but overall, he needs to show a lot more than win hitouts. His aerial skills are very poor.

You are essentially hoping Geelong will swap an All Australian midfielder (and potential Brownlow medalist) for a guy who is not even the no.1 ruckman at Fremantle.

May 3, 2007
Parts Unknown
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
I know full well what he did to my team but he hasn't yet staked his claim as your preferred ruck or 2nd ruck.
Some of this is due to injury but overall, he needs to show a lot more than win hitouts. His aerial skills are very poor.

You are essentially hoping Geelong will swap an All Australian midfielder (and potential Brownlow medalist) for a guy who is not even the no.1 ruckman at Fremantle.
I inititally thought Cats are going to to what freo did last year. Yeah you guys are going to trade out kelly. But I thought getting Sean Darcy would help geelong as they need a good ruckman. Thats my opinion. I could be wrong.

I mean this time last year we traded lachie neale who wanted out and made the best of a bad situation.

We traded lachie neale out essentially for a need in Jesse Hogan.

You’ll be able to add Smith and Stanley as UFA though😉

Sep 7, 2005
Melbourne
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Dallas Mavs, West Ham
Unknown quantity?

Jordan Gysberts played a great game against us in his debut too, so I don’t know what Darcy’s debut has to do with anything.

The game has moved towards athletic rucks and Darcy moves like a glacier. Would take a Tim English type over a Sean Darcy type all day, every day.

May 3, 2007
Parts Unknown
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Jordan Gysberts played a great game against us in his debut too, so I don’t know what Darcy’s debut has to do with anything.

The game has moved towards athletic rucks and Darcy moves like a glacier. Would take a Tim English type over a Sean Darcy type all day, every day.
fair enough. just expressing my opinion.

you know more about geelongs list than i do, so that means what you need to improve the team

Back