Game Day AFL Preliminary Final - Matchday Discussion GWS@Collingwood(MCG – 4:35PM)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe everyone has underestimated how good GWS is. They were missing 4 of their best 6 players today.
Yes we would’ve liked De Goey, Beams, Langdon and Greenwood playing today.
But they brought the heat today and beat us on our home deck.
Add Greene, Whitfield and maybe even Coniglio to their squad and they are not without a chance against Richmond. They are a tough team and they will play nasty.

Can't go goalless for a quarter and expect to win like that. Already had their minds on next week. You can bitch about the umpires all you like, but we should not have been in that position in the first place - I feel for Taylor Adams because he's going to cop a lot for what wasn't his loss.

A quarter? Over an HOUR!

T

they’ll a win what should have been our 16th flag. Richmond is rubbish.

He can't coach.. bamboozled.

In the course of his coaching career.. there's far too many disparities not only in the results.. but also in a 4 qrt game of football.

You can give me docos.. you can tell me how lovely a bloke you are.. you can show me your soft side.. all of that.. should never blind you from what we're here to do.. ******* coach ffs.. first and foremost be ******* good at that.. I'm a supporter of football.. I don't want to know about your life. I have no bloody interest.

A very disappointing day, nearly redeemed at the end, but that would have been robbery.

Props to Giants who played tough the way we like it with quite a few setbacks to overcome.

The game play was all wrong in the conditions and desperation in one qtr was never gonna be enough.

There will be more words tonight. More comforting the poor losers, how rotten our luck was again etc etc. They will prob make another video capturing the sadness and try and turn it into a hagiography like last year. Don't be sucked in. The coaches and leaders failed us.

On SM-G955F using BigFooty.com mobile app

GWS tired out in the last. The only reason we got back into the game. Wasn't a masterstroke of coaching, or a genius positional change, the Giants were knackered.

They mindset changed by us imo. First 3 qtrs we appeared to be very defensively focussed trying to play high pressure foory but forgot about the attacking side of the game.
Balance was off in the 4th we went all out attack and look at the result put fwd on the back foot imo Bucks has swung the pendulum too far to the negative side of the game at the expense of the attacking side.

I hope you understood my post. I was having a go at the Port lurker. I have nothing but respect for the pies today
I think the Port lurker was having a go at the Essendon supporter?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

******* s**t campaigners mate no heart or soul after losing so close last year and putting up that display.#soulless

GWS tired out in the last. The only reason we got back into the game. Wasn't a masterstroke of coaching, or a genius positional change, the Giants were knackered.

And the only reason they got so far in for that my was because of the 3-4 putrid decisions mad in the 3rd qtr......no one is hiding the fact that we played poorly for 2qtrs but damn me, blatant fuken umpiring mistakes like that is so fuken frustrating 😖

Adams, 12 clangers from 20 possessions.

Noble 6 clangers from 16 possessions.

The entire midfield was s**t including the coaching instruction and set up in stoppages.

Allowing teams a plus 1 off the back of the stoppage has killed us in many games over Bucks tenure.

The other point is bucks pigheadedness to refuse to tag certain players. The Williams fiasco reminds me of the equally s**t Ablett 53 and 54 possie games and mitche 49 and 50 games.

There comes a point no matter how much you rate pur collective group you have to concede most teams have at least 1 player worth putting extra defensive time into. Head to head or really allowing free wheeling is just dumb.

He can't coach.. bamboozled.

In the course of his coaching career.. there's far too many disparities not only in the results.. but also in a 4 qrt game of football.

You can give me docos.. you can tell me how lovely a bloke you are.. you can show me your soft side.. all of that.. should never blind you from what we're here to do.. ******* coach ffs.. first and foremost be ******* good at that.. I'm a supporter of football.. I don't want to know about your life. I have no bloody interest.

Grow up!!

We are all supporters.

A serious question for those who watch us train. Do we train outdoors when it's raining or is it called off and we go indoors? Because we play like we've never seen rain before and hate getting our hair messed up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back