Game Day Collingwood v GWS Giants - Preliminary Finals — Sat 21 Sep, 4:35PM AEST, MCG

Who will Win?

• Collingwood by 30+ pts

Votes: 35 27.1%
  • Collingwood 10-30

Votes: 48 37.2%
  • Collingwood by <10

Votes: 9 7.0%
  • GWS Giants by <10

Votes: 12 9.3%
  • GWS Giants by 10-30

Votes: 14 10.9%
  • GWS Giants by 30+

Votes: 11 8.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Nobody is writing off Gws, only an idiot would as they have elite talent across all lines. If we lose, I'll be disappointed but not heartbroken. To play 3 prelims, winning 2 and making 2 grand finals in 3 seasons is a huge achievement imo
Absolutely.
Tigers have been the best team of the last 3 years and the best team since the bye round this year.

The way the game is now with equalisation, the draft etc you probably only have a window of 4 or 5 seasons to 'snag a flag'.
I was hopeful that the Pies could do it this year but cest la vie. Making a Prelim is a pass mark for a season I reckon - no shame in that.

It's funny I posted a few years ago when the Pies were struggling and rebuilding that I believed the Pies best chance would be in 2020.
Hopefully my prediction will be correct. We should still be there or thereabouts next year.
A GF loss and a Prelim loss - still a good effort, both losses could have gone either way too - proud of my team and the type of footy they play - hopefully we can win a flag with this group.

"HUURRRR HURRR UR STATE NOT TRADITIONAL AFL STATE HURRRRRRR"
y9ua5ehogq921.png
Come back and play again when your charity club has stopped getting handouts from the AFL (via West Coast, Collingwood, Adelaide, etc)

Really? There will be a bigger national audience with a Sydney metro team in the GF. If Collingwood had won today, then no one up here would give a s**t about the AFL GF
What they lose from not having Collingwood there will be far greater than what they gain from a Sydney team imop. There hasn't been a GF between 2 Melbourne clubs since 7 took the broadcasting back from 10, there hasn't been a GF between 2 of the big 4 this century.

Collingwood v Richmond is the GF that makes Gil jizz.

The idea that the AFL has tickets on GWS is laughable.

Every club has rookies and late picks who turn out good. Not every club has 22 top 20 picks.

If you’re still worried about the concessions we got when we were started with nothing and believe that is the only reason we have made this year’s grand final - then I suggest your club petitions the AFL to be able to delist every player on your list and be able to start again with exactly the same concessions we received.

Happy for your club to do that. Happy for them to get exactly what we got and start again from exactly the same place we did.

Just trying to have a discussion. It’s always the way when teams lose. Point out a couple of decisions, but fail to mention the others. Have a good night.
You're the one telling me about other decisions - so why ask?
Why don't you mention them.
Anyway you've had your fun.
Colllllingwwwwoood - still proud of my team - another great finals run, cut short in another close exciting game.
Given me a lot to be happy about and a heap of entertainment this season.
Keep on boooing matey and enjoy the negatives like a good Dons supporter.

If you’re still worried about the concessions we got when we were started with nothing and believe that is the only reason we have made this year’s grand final - then I suggest your club petitions the AFL to be able to delist every player on your list and be able to start again with exactly the same concessions we received.

Happy for your club to do that. Happy for them to get exactly what we got and start again from exactly the same place we did.
They have to be based put of an RSL and train on different school ovals as well using bins as ice baths

It's amazing how many Richmond trolls there are when Collingwood lose a game

Hope you don't choke next week, playing the AFL Giants, with dirty Toby free to do whatever he likes to Dusty...
It's not classy at all but to be honest if we lost last night the Magpie big footy Mafia of PieLebo, Adz & co would of torn us a new one no doubt. Pies did very well to come back and can hold your head up high. Maynes kick goes a centimeter longer you would of achieved one of the greatest PF come back wins of all time.

Last edited:
Pretty sick watching so many posters getting their kicks and taking joy out of the suffering of another team’s loss. That’s the standard on BF though.

Mate you brought it on yourselves. Lets be honest, you and pie supporters like you have gone in dry due to our PF failure last year. In every game day thread, or any thread when both posters meet, one pie poster always chimes in " lel we smash you blokes in the PF". You personally trolled in our final game with the cats, so when it bites you back, don't act surprised.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Pretty sick watching so many posters getting their kicks and taking joy out of the suffering of another team’s loss. That’s the standard on BF though.
Suck it up. Don't pretend that if it was Essendon or Carlton you wouldn't be doing the same.

Every club has rookies and late picks who turn out good. Not every club has 22 top 20 picks.
WTF do you expect the AFL to do when expanding their brand into GWS? They clearly aren’t going to go half cocked with it are they? In order to develop their investment, brand and asset they have to provide a significant amount of resources to do that.

If you think the draft is the be all and end all then you’re wrong.

Congrats to the Giants, I knew it would be a hard slog regardless of the 22 named because of the wave you’ve ridden the last 3 games. Well and truly deserve to be playing off in the big dance.

Hopefully we get another cracker next week between the two best sides in the competition.
Unfortunately you’re right.

Come back and play again when your charity club has stopped getting handouts from the AFL (via West Coast, Collingwood, Adelaide, etc)
There's a pretty obvious response I could go for with respect to West Coast and its culture, but everyone else is tired of it and I'd just look like as big an oaf as you do right now.

No you're right - Roughead, front on contact, not paid, GWS goal. Heath Shaw, holding the ball, all the players stopped, not paid, straight down the ground goal. Three of the five goals in your spurt in the third quarter from poor non calls for blatant frees.
Kissed on the dick again - like your throw against Brisbane for the winning goal.
You’ve left out every sh/t call the Pies got in the first half.
And Brisbane, don’t make laugh. What about Hipwood’s goal from an illegal pass one minute before the throw you’re talking about?
Take your one-eyed view into next season.
The majority have seen this game for what it was. The pies had a good season but read the game day threads, mate. If any team got KOTD during the last 8 weeks, it was the Pies.
CUNSeason

Suck it up. Don't pretend that if it was Essendon or Carlton you wouldn't be doing the same.
Not all of us are sore losers who spend their days on BF trolling overs. I’ve got a family and a job, I’m on BF to talk footy when I’m free, not troll others. Pretty sad if you think everyone else is like you.

Just hope all the Collingwood supporters will now reflect on the previous 356 days where they mercifully ridiculed Richmond supporters for losing the preliminary final.
Not a nice feeling is it.
Mate- you need to grow a pair. We don't need a lesson on how it feels to lose prelims or grand finals. We have played in 22 prelims in my time watching for two flags. As for GF's. I have seen fifteen for two wins. You tiger fans don't have any idea what suffering truly means.

Just hope all the Collingwood supporters will now reflect on the previous 356 days where they mercifully ridiculed Richmond supporters for losing the preliminary final.
Not a nice feeling is it.
I'm sure Richmond fans would have been so respectful had they smashed the Pies in the Prelim last year. Not like they bring up Treloar's comments every time they lose a big game or anything. No sirree. Richmond fans would never hold a grudge like that. Give me a spell.

Well done by the Giants, deserved to win.
Held sway on general play for most of the game with key outs going into the game and with Davis hobbled early on and despite the farcical ARC call and a parochial crowd.
Felt the winner of Rich vs Geel was pretty much assured to be the premiers, but if GWS can regain Whitfield, Greene and maybe Coniglio in a forward role, who knows? Mumford won’t be as exposed as he was today.
Williams great, Perryman and De Boer instrumental, Taylor has come on in leaps and bounds.
Grundy solid for us, Crisp and Howe tried hard, Moore was very good.
Thought Brown was completely out of his depth for us, sadly, some very bad errors in good positions.
Hope it’s a good GF

On the upside for Pies fans , Taylor Adams will go the rest of his career without playing a game THAT bad again
Just about best on in the granny last year. Courageous, tough and committed player and future captain. Nearly won the game for us with a snap that hit the post. Has he hurt you in some way?

Back