Preview Lions 2019 Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Stef posted an Instagram story showing half his leg covered in a massive bruise.

Now - you're done, off you go.

Looking forward to the mid delistings and draft.

Out: Fatcat08
In: BRAB

BRAB and Elixuh then control the narrative on the Lions board to follow brabs fanfic. Hilarity ensues.

Just done a phantom look at the brownlow and reckon Lachie might just fall abit short of winning the brownlow. Think with Lyons second half of the season he will take a few votes away from Lachie and fall probably 4 votes short. Lyons will surprisingly poll well i reckon as long as the umpires know who he is

Just done a phantom look at the brownlow and reckon Lachie might just fall abit short of winning the brownlow. Think with Lyons second half of the season he will take a few votes away from Lachie and fall probably 4 votes short. Lyons will surprisingly poll well i reckon as long as the umpires know who he is

Tend to agree Paul, his 2nd half lets him down. Who do you have on top?

Lloydy loves us. Clug at 16 and Andrews at 12 IIRC in his top 20 players of the year. Also presumably Neale in the top 10.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We missed an opportunity . It shows we're not far away ,competitive with the two grand finalists.

Who knows what next year holds but now that we're a legitimate good team maybe we can afford to experiment just a little and give some of the guys who deserve a chance a chance. Next season will be a test for us I feel. Nothing like some new blood to keep things rolling along.

We missed an opportunity . It shows we're not far away ,competitive with the two grand finalists.
If the Lions had won I reckon they would've taken care of the Pies this week. GWS had their most success with chaos balls forcing the ball forward and good structures once they got it in the forward 50 - both our strong points and arguably we execute better than GWS, especially considering our relative inexperience.

If the Lions had won I reckon they would've taken care of the Pies this week. GWS had their most success with chaos balls forcing the ball forward and good structures once they got it in the forward 50 - both our strong points and arguably we execute better than GWS, especially considering our relative inexperience.
We were always going to beat Collingwood especially in the conditions. They were really poor today.

I don't like thinking about it too much . We had our chances.

I seriously cannot get around this notion that we should be in a grand final right now or today's result should be upsetting? we lost back to back games at home and we arnt GWS. If anything I feel better knowing we went down to two teams on the march. History suggest Pies would have mauled us today at the G anyway.

We wernt good enough and it ended last week for us.

They were . They played well but we were all over them when it counted . The 4 goal start killed us as did our composure in the last quarter.

A shame because we're clearly good enough.

There's no shame about it IMO. We lost twice at home, we arnt good enough yet, end of story. Good news is, we are bloody young, next 5 years should be competitive.

I seriously cannot get around this notion that we should be in a grand final right now or today's result should be upsetting? we lost back to back games at home and we arnt GWS. If anything I feel better knowing we went down to two teams on the march. History suggest Pies would have mauled us today at the G anyway.

We wernt good enough and it ended last week for us.
Don't agree at all . We earnt the home finals. Collingwood were really ordinary today,the conditions would've suited us.

We were clearly good enough and didn't quite get there . We could've easily won by a couple of goals last week . That's football.

I've read what you said about last week and while I agree in parts you underestimate the random crap that happened to us ,some of it self inflicted.

Unfortunately we played the Tigers twice in a row and spent a few tickets . No reason why we aren't the second best team.

It is what it is ,played two ,lost two , hopefully we learn without mental damage.

We would've been without Martin, Cameron and Adams.

We're one or two players short of that level I think - and we'll get them by next year. Whether via trade or improvement.

Agree with this. Think Geelong and us on a similar level and GWS just below. We had luck run against us with the GWS game and should have won, as everyone said ,lots of little things and was’nt to be.

On iPad using BigFooty.com mobile app

We would've been without Martin, Cameron and Adams.

We're one or two players short of that level I think - and we'll get them by next year. Whether via trade or improvement.
It's funny though with good players out how some teams seem to go better. Others players lift..

Remember when Rance went down and all the experts said well they can't win the flag now . GWS today had a few missing and played better in my view.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back