D2 Division 2 2021

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sep 3, 2009
Templestowe
AFL Club
Carlton
Really good grand final on Sunday, NOBs put up a good fight and will be a good challenge next season. Friars with some work to do in the higher division but was impressed with the youth in the side, if they keep them together they could have a few years of success.

Other than one shocking decision, umpiring was really good, can’t understand how they only appoint 2 umpires to a senior grand final, clearly the VAFA need to be putting a lot more money into the umpiring department

ahhhhh may have jumped the gun there champ
Unfortunately typical of Banyule over its very long history of just falling short. Coulda/Shoulda made A Grade ammos, but just fell short.
Still Harro was never coming back, which I have been proven to be correct.

Max "missed it by that much" Smart Leader

Unfortunately typical of Banyule over its very long history of just falling short. Coulda/Shoulda made A Grade ammos, but just fell short.
Still Harro was never coming back, which I have been proven to be correct.

Max "missed it by that much" Smart Leader

Did Harro ever play at Banyule??? Pretty sure he was at Ivanhoe and or Parade back in the halcyon days of B/C grade.

I had the pleasure/displeasure of playing Banyule at their dungheap against that massive ruckman.
Wonder how he wouldve gone against Chief at Therry?

Did Harro ever play at Banyule??? Pretty sure he was at Ivanhoe and or Parade back in the halcyon days of B/C grade.

I had the pleasure/displeasure of playing Banyule at their dungheap against that massive ruckman.
Wonder how he wouldve gone against Chief at Therry?
We recruited him as an Under 19. He played both Seniors and Under 19 football that year. We were in both A and B Grade at the time.

The Ruckman you are talking about was Dave Williams (RIP) A legend and a good footballer.

We recruited him as an Under 19. He played both Seniors and Under 19 football that year. We were in both A and B Grade at the time.

The Ruckman you are talking about was Dave Williams (RIP) A legend and a good footballer.

Harro also played at Ivanhoe AFC for several years. He is a 4 x B&F player with us, Comp B&F before coaching the seniors to a GF.

Gun player, bloke and coach and always welcome at Hoe Park, but was never approached for the 2020 role as reappointed and very happy at Banyule.

Chump.

Yes that is him, scary fella back in the day, didn’t know he had passed away, he wouldn’t have been very old!

Shame he Banyule boys got rolled last weekend, I was keeping any eye on live scores across 4 different comps.

Who wins Saturday in the following

NFL Greensborough
Edfl Keillor
SFL Ol mate Des Ryan’s Chelt
Vafa - Dont really care, as long as it’s not stk
EFL Vermont’s to lose!

The wife will be swearing at me to put my phone down!!!

Later..

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Harro also played at Ivanhoe AFC for several years. He is a 4 x B&F player with us, Comp B&F before coaching the seniors to a GF.

Gun player, bloke and coach and always welcome at Hoe Park, but was never approached for the 2020 role as reappointed and very happy at Banyule.

Chump.

Careful chump, Harro will read this and get embarrassed!! Or maybe you are Harro in disguise!!

Agree. Dave was a champion footballer and a ripper fella off the ground. Sadly both Dave and the Big Chief from Therry have "ridden on ahead".

Just asking.. But seriously VAFA rules state Ash Close cannot be paid to coach Ivanhoe. Am i to believe he is coaching them for absolutely zero return?

"Any paid Head coach or paid Assistant coach is not permitted to play for any team of the Club (eg a paid coach of the senior team cannot play in the Reserves or Thirds, or vice versa)."

Hard to believe..
There’ll probably be some work related arrangements to assist him. As long as it’s not the primary incentive to play/coach, it will be fine. After all, he’s been a century goal kicker for the club before and has a very strong connection already.

Another example is Height at Whitefriars - who is already a teacher at the school. I daresay something extra might be built into his work arrangements to reflect the fact he is coaching the old boys football team. I don’t know for sure mind you.

There’ll probably be some work related arrangements to assist him. As long as it’s not the primary incentive to play/coach, it will be fine. After all, he’s been a century goal kicker for the club before and has a very strong connection already.

Another example is Height at Whitefriars - who is already a teacher at the school. I daresay something extra might be built into his work arrangements to reflect the fact he is coaching the old boys football team. I don’t know for sure mind you.

Sounds plausible.....
apparently they will give him his lunch to take to work about 4 times during the year.... which will be of course in a paper bag... colour brown

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Heard from an internal source at Glen Eira that teacher Jonny boy super coach Edgar was heard mid week before 1st semi quoting how to beat Nobs and get into grand final! Talk about arrogance, bloody well done by Melb High!
Sounds very much like colliwobbles!!!

Will be keen to see Parade rough up Glen Eira next year, can’t wait!

Heard from an internal source at Glen Eira that teacher Jonny boy super coach Edgar was heard mid week before 1st semi quoting how to beat Nobs and get into grand final! Talk about arrogance, bloody well done by Melb High!
Sounds very much like colliwobbles!!!

How long before PS replies ?

Is there a history there that I don't know about ? Our most recent flag was against Ivanhoe, and we've had some fierce (but fair) games against the likes of Yarra and Bulleen in recent seasons, but I'm not aware of any great rivalry against Glen Eira.

Is there a history there that I don't know about ? Our most recent flag was against Ivanhoe, and we've had some fierce (but fair) games against the likes of Yarra and Bulleen in recent seasons, but I'm not aware of any great rivalry against Glen Eira.
There is none. Haven't played them for a few years but never had a problem. Good club.

Careful chump, Harro will read this and get embarrassed!! Or maybe you are Harro in disguise!!

Nar .........I'm not Harro in disguise I can GTD you that. But, Harro will send me some $$$ for pointing out his record publicly ...... so it's more of a PR payment :)

Early predictions for Div 2 next year??

Who really knows ..... but, at a huge guess I think 2020 will be very, very even - there does not look to be any stand out like Whitefriars amongst this group. Any early pick based on last year - Glen Eira look like a good long range guess I would suggest .........Seniors, Reserves and 19's all played finals. A few new recruits and I think they have a very good shot at it.

Chump.

Dave Matthews back to the combine as an assistant . Power House might lose a few.

Thought Dave Matthews might be back at Ormond? Why is he wasting his time at Glen Eira?
Wonder how boy wonder down there feels about it. Pressures on to get past 1st semi and not spruik about matching up against NOBS in prelim!

West Brunswick coming down will be mid table, Paradians definitely in top 2 as they will have some long term injuries back 2020.

Melb High have the wood on Glen Eira so if they pick up a few, should push for top 2. If Glen Eira pinch likes of Collett for a slab a game and few other Powerhouse boys, they may jump from 4th to 3rd.

Paradians for me at this very early stage.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back