Votes: 54 17.1%
  • Liam Baker

Votes: 49 15.6%
  • Shia Bolton

Votes: 11 3.5%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Want to toast one of our whipping boys Brandon Ellis was huge tonight imo
The thing about a player like Ellis on here generally is you have those that regularly tee off on him that will never acknowledge a good game, and those in love with him who never acknowledge the bad ones. It’s like watching a dog chase it’s tail.

Just an honest question gents on last nights game

Were the GWS that good last night or Did the Pies played a really bad game until 15 mins into the last quarter

genuine opinion
My honest opinion is that Collingwood were very much like us last year in that they got a little too comfortable and before they knew it they were in shock and playing accordingly whilst Giants confidence grew. What ended up happening was predictable too when the Giants realized how close they were and s**t themselves, but were seriously running on the spot at the finish so many blokes were cooked. Physically and emotionally I expect it will be a challenge for them even Toby Greene looked like he was already playing the GF post game.

Jack Reiwoldt played poorly because his decision making was poor. Very, very rare for jack and nothing to do with being cooked. He has been a match winner for so long he’s probably still adjusting his mindset a bit. And lack of continuity this season hurts. He’ll recalibrate, reload and be a more than handy weapon for another season or two. He’s a wily campaigner.

Yeah, it was his decision making which seemed way off -- unusual for a guy with a very good footy brain.

Haven't seen Jack have a game like that in a loooooooooong time but I reckon he'll bounce back big time next week.

GWS last 10 games

Round 17 Richmond v GWS (mcg)
Rich 94 - Gws -67

Round 18 GWS v Collingwood (gws ground)
GWS 122 d Coll 75

Round 19 Port Adelaide v GWS (AO)
Port 55 - GWS 56

Round 20 GWS v Sydney
GWS 83 d Swans 81

Round 21 GWS v Hawthorn
GWS 29 - Hawthorn 85

Round 22 GWS v Bulldogs
GWS 65 - Bulldogs 126

Round 23 GC v GWS
GWS 127 d GC 55

Week 1 finals
GWS v Bulldogs
GWS 113 d Bulldogs 55

Week 2 finals
Brisbane v GWS
GWS 83 d Brisbane 80

Week 3 Finals
Collingwood v GWS
GWS 56 d Collingwood 52

Teams GWS defeated last 10 weeks
GWS 122 d Coll 75
Port 55 - GWS 56 .......................1 point
GWS 83 d Swans 81 ...................... 2 points
GWS 127 d GC 55
GWS 113 d Bulldogs 55

GWS 83 d Brisbane 80 ................... 3 points
GWS 56 d Collingwood 52 ............ 4 points

GWS have won 7 out of the last 10 games
2 out of that 7 games have been against Collingwood
4 out of 10 games they won less than 5 points
4 of the 7 teams have been against finals team 2 of the 4 are collingwood games

Not extremely convincing

The thing about a player like Ellis on here generally is you have those that regularly tee off on him that will never acknowledge a good game, and those in love with him who never acknowledge the bad ones. It’s like watching a dog chase it’s tail.
Very true no one likes to admit when they get something wrong. Ellis good points outweigh the negatives and you can see how much the boys love him. Losing him will be a loss

Giants were absolutely spent in the last quarter. They'll get some quality personnel back but if we're in striking distance at half time I'm not sure they'll be able to stay with us as we've shown in recent times. Every team have stunned us early though and we can't expect we'll just flick the switch and come back either. This is the big one, need to be on from the first bounce.

Agree need to rock up from the first bounce cannot afford poor starts .There last 2 finals gws 4 qtr they have tired big time this week 3 rd time travelling.They have a few talls and a tall side can they go that tall with us.What a we thinking matchup wise defence ?.Soldo needs to work Mumford over he is tiring .Jack usually has Davis measure.Taylor very underated cannot bomb it just in will mark everything.

Like us have a few players under injury cloud.To bring in Congilio and Whitfield could suit us.Our 2 meetings this year rd 3 host of players out while ones 17 they had a few out to.

I really wanted Collingwood to win and the team i didnt want to play the most was GWS and look what happens

I felt we had Pies covered across the ground except the ruck and would have run all over them but GWS is another beast altogether

Great Midfield / Great Foward line / Great defence just a crap ruck

I cannot believe the Odds on sports bet Richmond $1.36 GWS $3.30 they must be smoking some good crap

Im hoping for Rain next week and alot of rain

I friggin hate this team .................. WHY WHY WHY

We have had there measure nothing to fear.Wouldn't say great defence we can expose it.Jack always has Davis measure if he plays.Can they matchup on Lynch.I rate Taylor underated great player.They had a great win againts dogs who were on form ,but we a different opposition to all teams they played all 3 had no gun monster forwards to expose them.

Very true no one likes to admit when they get something wrong. Ellis good points outweigh the negatives and you can see how much the boys love him. Losing him will be a loss
Good points, and the majority of Ellis's defenders like myself all acknowledge he has faults, and we've pointed it out time and time again in his thread (until we were unnecessarily banned) but always point out his good points far outweigh his negatives.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just an honest question gents on last nights game

Were the GWS that good last night or Did the Pies played a really bad game until 15 mins into the last quarter

genuine opinion
6 of one half a dozen of the other... Only need to be off by a little bit to be vulnerable. Collingwood were off by a little bit...if we're off by a little bit the same could happen to us.

But if we are on we can do some serious damage to GWS.

On POT-LX1 using BigFooty.com mobile app

Greene, Whitefield and possibly Coniglio back for the Giants. Handy ins.
If all 3 are selected the only 1 that will be a handy inclusion is Greene. I actually hope they pick Whitefield and Coniglio as both players will have s**t games.

Whitefield 10 days after surgery? I'm sorry but they cut up his insides and he would still be on some pretty hardcore medications that no doubt would have affects on the body.

Coniglio is next to no chance of having impact. Just have a look at our 3 boys after long lay offs. Cotchin, Riewoldt and Nankervis. All still not at their best and their 1st games back were all well below par.

Let's at Davis to the list. They will pick him as he his their captain he too will be a liability on the field.

Nank played nearly 95mins in the ruck for 2 seasons so should be able to 60 mins. He has steadily getting less effective in the middle, but its his marking and general play that's dropped of imo.
I thought Nank had really dropped off too. But watching replay I noticed him in the fwd line a bit. Trying to mark when delivery was poor is not really his fault. Nanks forte was interept marking. Soldo was doing more of that. And with Mummy the ruckman next week. A better match up. But certainly with 3 tall fwds we lack a small pressure player. Rioli was trying but getting out numbered.

Really hope Broad is cleared to play, going to be an important cog, Cameron, himmelberg, finlayson and Greene. It's a pretty potent forward line!
This will be our area of concern if they get foo much midfield dominance. They took our defence to the cleaners earlier this year.

Still a bit stupid by Cotch. In what universe would he think that Richmond got a free kick?

Dangerfield knew he had gone under the ball so he staged for a free , in itself is ok , there was no obvious free in that marking contest so fair enough Cotch was confused

two frees were given against Selwood and two frees given against Ablett , roll back the clock to say 2017 , those 4 frees wouldnt have been paid
thats not a discussion point , it was a fact , they were untouchable, thank god that umpire obsession has faded

Coniglio will be well under done and hasn’t played in over 10 weeks Whitfield won’t be 100 percent as appendix oppos are usually 2 or more weeks out so he will be cautious when playing and Toby green has never played well against us the one I’m more concerned about is Jeremy Cameron but down the other end we lynch how do they stop him and also the occasion will be too much for them

Back