• Jack Graham

Votes: 54 17.1%
  • Liam Baker

Votes: 49 15.6%
  • Shia Bolton

Votes: 11 3.5%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Knew there would have been a couple. Still most of them have not. Hoping nerves and the last 2 physical games get the better of them and we run away with a comfortable win.
It’s like with Brisbane before the QF. A couple of players did play finals like Luke Hodge, but the majority did not have any finals experience.

We do have Grand Final experience and have the home ground advantage, but I don’t think GWS will be as meek as in the past just like Geelong were tougher to beat than in 2017.

Just an honest question gents on last nights game

Were the GWS that good last night or Did the Pies played a really bad game until 15 mins into the last quarter

genuine opinion
Very rare for me to attend a non richmond match but two things that stood out were both sides looked very ordinary and collingwood fans are nowhere near ss loud as richmond i was very suprised at the difference they were weak as piss

This will be our area of concern if they get foo much midfield dominance. They took our defence to the cleaners earlier this year.
I think Astbury will get first crack on Cameron and Grimes will probably play on Greene when he's deep forward. Meaning broad will have to take finlayson and vlastuin on himmelberg, that leaves us a bit undersized and Grimes will have to move off Greene if their talls are on top! I back the system in tho. Rance would be handy.. should just name him for shiits and giggs!

What's the opposite of chook s**t? And how quickly can we organise a tipper to take and dump it down at punt road to thank them.

Well chock s**t is a fertilizer I add to my fruit trees. Takes a few years to really get into the tree, so maybe the fruit we are currently seeing came from yesteryears chock s**t dump and we should be dumping more

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Need Saint Francis Bourke to do the Mick Malthouse shoulder test during the week on Graham.

Need this guy with the medicos

acdf2a63508d2e9ec5795f1093bf6db6.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just an honest question gents on last nights game

Were the GWS that good last night or Did the Pies played a really bad game until 15 mins into the last quarter

genuine opinion
Pies showed their true form...been disrupted with injuries to degooey and arshhhbottoms, carried by both Grundy and old man pendles...
They are a fast side on a dry track...got beaten by too much of that expected Friday night rain!
The other thing is Pies failed to get away with a fast start like they normally do...GWS stuck to them in that 1st Q like sheet to a blanket!
Then it became an arm wrestle in the wet physical conditions...the rest as they say is...

We usually concentrate on what we do and then offcourse look at the opposition.I think gws look a bit to tall with that team.De Boer will go to Martin we need to help Martin and isolate him one on one.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

My wife teaches VCE literature, went and saw Macbeth with her has no clue what the fu** was being said or happening. I tried with all my might and it was an epic fail.
What's hard to understand..

"The heaven's breath
Smells wooingly here: no jutty, frieze,
Buttress, nor coign of vantage, but this bird
Hath made his pendent bed and procreant cradle:
Where they most breed and haunt, I have observed,
The air is delicate."

Just regarding the few comments about Whitfield maybe being rushed back, I thought the same thing until I heard last night that apparently there is a precedent of players only missing one for having their appendix out? Betts and Sloane being the recent ones. Fox (might have been Jon Ralph?) last night said that GWS doctors earlier weren't as confident about Coniglio and Davis's calf surely keeps him out. They are risking bringing in too many underdone players at once.

What's hard to understand..

"The heaven's breath
Smells wooingly here: no jutty, frieze,
Buttress, nor coign of vantage, but this bird
Hath made his pendent bed and procreant cradle:
Where they most breed and haunt, I have observed,
The air is delicate."
I think old bill is talking about magpies?! that have tried to make their home atop of the AFL ladder...

Just regarding the few comments about Whitfield maybe being rushed back, I thought the same thing until I heard last night that apparently there is a precedent of players only missing one for having their appendix out? Betts and Sloane being the recent ones. Fox (might have been Jon Ralph?) last night said that GWS doctors earlier weren't as confident about Coniglio and Davis's calf surely keeps him out. They are risking bringing in too many underdone players at once.

Yeah, there's lots of noise about Whitfield not having a problem playing this weekend. I'm surprised, but others seem to think it's not as big a problem as I had thought.

As for Coniglio and Davis -- well, I'd happily invite GWS to play as many borderline cases as they can. The Grand Final is no place to discover if you're match fit or not and I don't think I'd be risking it with Coniglio if I were a GWS selector. Davis I don't know about as I have no idea about the extent of his injuries -- he wouldn't want to be even 5% off in a GF, though.

I expect a tough game no matter who they put on the park, and for that very reason I don't know that either team should be risking players with injury concerns.

Whatever can be said about GWS, they certainly won't lack belief and I don't think the occasion will get to them. That win against the pies is huge for confidence, no matter how bad the pies were.

Also all their close wins as posted by another poster above!

Just gotta rely on our gameplan and personnel to beat their's straight up, which I think (hope) it will

On Moto G (5S) using BigFooty.com mobile app

Whatever can be said about GWS, they certainly won't lack belief and I don't think the occasion will get to them. That win against the pies is huge for confidence, no matter how bad the pies were.

Also all their close wins as posted by another poster above!

Just gotta rely on our gameplan and personnel to beat their's straight up, which I think (hope) it will

On Moto G (5S) using BigFooty.com mobile app
I just think they have had to spend so much energy getting there. 2 very taxing games in 2 weeks I'm hopping they gave everything they can give for those 2 games and 1 more game may be their breaking point.

The first thing I was looking for in the Collingwood v GWS game was whether the bye round had an influence on team performance. That was after we came out with a rush against the Cats, then had to defend like hell with little of our own scoreboard impact until half time. I thought it played out similarly for the Pies who also had the weather to deal with. They looked sharp early but then got smashed for 3 quarters rather than our 2. Whether they got their game going in the last quarter or GWS tired is academic. GWS certainly defended well until the final siren. My conclusion was that the bye is a mixed blessing and the teams that get one should organise some serious match simulation in that week.

As for meeting GWS in the GF, I think we can afford to play Nank and Soldo with Nank sweating on Mumford for every second he plays. A kind of Godzilla Dusty v De Boer matchup. Soldo is actually more creative than Mumford and Nank has the body and attitude to negate his influence. Unfortunately we now need to go tall at the back so I really hope Broad gets up. I think Jack G is a better chance of playing than Whitfield but what would I know about abdominal surgery, even the keyhole stuff. Dusty and De Boer will be fun to watch and I'm sure there will be some one on one simulations in Richmond's training during the week. I suspect Jack R will have had a session or two with Emma and will come out far less mentally tight than last week. Wet or dry, I think we will win but although I hate to say it, I believe the two best sides that remain standing will play it out for the prize.

Back