List Mgmt. Where are they now? (ex suns)

Remove this Banner Ad

3b7e7e077a56f324b28f5a57240e1b8e.jpg
Lovely words

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Every low-talent that has passed through the Club thinks we were the problem
We weren't a problem for Caddy Prestia O'Meara Lynch May Saad or Matera
Russell was also one of the people who helped create the culture problem. To much party not enough hard work, put May, McKenzie, Bennell, Matera, Gorringe etc in that group. Killed us

kid gets drafted from Burnie to play AFL and wants to play the victim.... guy had an opportunity of a lifetime like Gorringe and the other sook Boston who just came out with similar bullshit - none of these guys would have played AFL on anyone elses list yet its our fault they are spuds

I can tell you if I was drafted and had a chance at a struggling club I would do whatever it takes to make the most of it especially if i knew I was probably lucky to be getting games due to a weak list

kid gets drafted from Burnie to play AFL and wants to play the victim.... guy had an opportunity of a lifetime like Gorringe and the other sook Boston who just came out with similar bulls**t - none of these guys would have played AFL on anyone elses list yet its our fault they are spuds

I can tell you if I was drafted and had a chance at a struggling club I would do whatever it takes to make the most of it especially if i knew I was probably lucky to be getting games due to a weak list
That twit Goring is the worst of the bunch.
Read this s**t

https://news.sportsbet.com.au/afl/brownlow-medal-odds-predictions/

Admittedly the set up wasn't great but if you were good enough and professional enough you would have made it.

He only needs to look in the mirror to see the person responsible for not being an AFL footballer.

The problem with the Sun's is we picked a lot of experienced and young draftees with low character to begin with and a Captain that was selfish and had no leadership skills.

in that environment a smart, less than talented player, could have worked hard put his head down and rose above the others who were squandering the opportunity the only thing worse than these guys wasting the clubs time and money and their own once in a lifetime opportunity is that they cant even own up to it now and still need to blame someone else, one day they will wake up and really understand the chance they missed to change their lives

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think that's what has already happened so they're looking for excuses

The concept of useful belief - is it more useful for them to blame others than to get depressed on taking responsibility for squandering their missed opportunities.

Hopefully these guys are not taking this attitude over to the next phase of their lives.

I do feel for these kids to some degree - It's got to be hard for a 17-18 year old to really know what life on the other side is like and be fully aware of the consequences.

I'm sure there was some degree of 'it will happen' - we'll all be 200 game players with some success on the way and thats partly our coaches fault for letting them rest on their laurels. Definitely blame on both sides - but ultimately, the individual has to play the hand they were dealt and take ownership and responsibility.

Someone like Goringe had the same amount of talent in his pinky finger as Nick Holman does in his whole body.
Only one guy had the determination and wherewithal to make his dream come true.
Gorringe is now leasing commercial real estate to make a dollar - have fun doing that for the next 40 years pal - what a waste.

Does Josh Thomas count as a former Sun? He was pretty good yesterday. We could definitely use him on our list.

Also, it's also a bit weird to see Queenslanders like Lachlan Keeffe and Sam Reid playing in a prelim final. Not that they were as influential as Thomas was yesterday but why aren't these guys on our list? They were all around that age group that should have been a part of our initial intake of QLDers. The only guy we seemed to get from that generation of Queensland AFL players was Harbrow.

Does Josh Thomas count as a former Sun? He was pretty good yesterday. We could definitely use him on our list.

Also, it's also a bit weird to see Queenslanders like Lachlan Keeffe and Sam Reid playing in a prelim final. Not that they were as influential as Thomas was yesterday but why aren't these guys on our list? They were all around that age group that should have been a part of our initial intake of QLDers. The only guy we seemed to get from that generation of Queensland AFL players was Harbrow.
Didn't have priority access to them
It's like having to watch lifeboats drift past you going down river

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back