Strategy Trade and List management Thread Part 2 (opposition supporters - READ posting rules before posting)

Status
Not open for further replies.

0utsider

Club Legend
Jul 19, 2018
Melbourne
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Why not grab Grundy too while we're there? Would be good support for English.

I'll be honest I thought Grundy was pretty ineffective today. People throw around the hypothetical of bringing in Grundy and dominating in the ruck but watch how many of his hit-outs are completely aimless or get sharked. He makes up for it by contributing as an extra midfielder but his ruck craft is over-rated for mine.

Dec 2, 2011
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Bruce , Elliot and Bennell would keep me happy. The 1st 2 would want some coin and Bennell well worth a punt under free agency. Front end the 1st 2 and toss in a decent backend on Bennell for a 2nd year if he meets certain criteria (games/behaviour).

I'll be honest I thought Grundy was pretty ineffective today. People throw around the hypothetical of bringing in Grundy and dominating in the ruck but watch how many of his hit-outs are completely aimless or get sharked. He makes up for it by contributing as an extra midfielder but his ruck craft is over-rated for mine.

He's hopeless...can't even keep his feet when he gets shoved in the back at at throw in.....

Bruce , Elliot and Bennell would keep me happy. The 1st 2 would want some coin and Bennell well worth a punt under free agency. Front end the 1st 2 and toss in a decent backend on Bennell for a 2nd year if he meets certain criteria (games/behaviour).

2 out of 3 would keep the physics and doctors employed too

Yojimbo

Cancelled
10k Posts
Nov 14, 2012
The "Elephant" in the room.
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
It's hard for Grundy to tap to advantage when his opponent Mumford does not go for the ball, does not jump,
simply lines his body up at every contest and attempts to pummel him into submission. I am sure Luke
Beveridge has a stack of "The best of Grundy" tapes at home that he puts on for inspiration before he has
a session with the missus. He has even been rumoured to have asked Tim English to "Bun up" so to speak.

Draft Pick

Cancelled
Jun 17, 2004
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Western Bulldogs
What’s with the sarcastic reply..?
Can’t speak for Scrag but I think the Moore to the Bulldogs rumour has been put to bed by Stevo on channel 7. He is contracted for next year and Collingwood are not going to trade him (even if he wanted to leave) particularly with the Grundy situation developing over the next 12 months and maybe even this trade period.

Libba39

Norm Smith Medallist
Mar 10, 2008
Murrumbeena
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Can’t speak for Scrag but I think the Moore to the Bulldogs rumour has been put to bed by Stevo on channel 7. He is contracted for next year and Collingwood are not going to trade him (even if he wanted to leave) particularly with the Grundy situation developing over the next 12 months and maybe even this trade period.

After GF and Prelim losses if the Pies are smart they'll attempt a rebuild/refresh this off-season. Wells and Dunn gone, who knows about Reid, Mayne, Greenwood, Elliot. Howe and Pendlebury are not getting any younger. Roughead no spring chicken.

No way they will give up Moore.

Oct 19, 2012
Minas Morgul
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
After GF and Prelim losses if the Pies are smart they'll attempt a rebuild/refresh this off-season. Wells and Dunn gone, who knows about Reid, Mayne, Greenwood, Elliot. Howe and Pendlebury are not getting any younger. Roughead no spring chicken.

No way they will give up Moore.

If they lose Grundy I feel as though they could go off the cliff. Not anywhere near the bottom of the ladder but into the 6-12 placed pack.

BRWB

Brownlow Medallist
10k Posts The Cult of Robbo
Oct 7, 2012
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Have to choose between the often injured Elliot & Moore OR Grundy.

Who are you going to lose?

What will the Pies do?

And then Isn't it who we are getting? The oft injured Moore whose disdain for the Dogs is on the public record?

Or the even more oft injured Elliot who is such a different cat that even the Pie publicity machine has trouble making him likeable or seem like a team player. A like for like Adams replacement?

Been hundreds or thousands of posts telling us how we should get Moore or Elliot.

Be funny if it wasn't so repetitive.

Dec 2, 2011
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
2 out of 3 would keep the physics and doctors employed too
Elliott played enough in the back half of the year to show his worth and with Moz gone the docs have some free time. Bennell is highly speculative but the upside is huge for little cost. I can’t see how he couldn’t take the last spot on our list for a year.

Oct 19, 2012
Minas Morgul
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
What will the Pies do?

And then Isn't it who we are getting? The oft injured Moore whose disdain for the Dogs is on the public record?

Or the even more oft injured Elliot who is such a different cat that even the Pie publicity machine has trouble making him likeable or seem like a team player. A like for like Adams replacement?

Been hundreds or thousands of posts telling us how we should get Moore or Elliot.

Moore’s public distain for the dogs? Where’s this rumour from?

Dec 2, 2011
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
What will the Pies do?

We already have Libba as a “different cat”. Just order more kitty litter and balls of wool

BRWB

Brownlow Medallist
10k Posts The Cult of Robbo
Oct 7, 2012
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Moore’s public distain for the dogs? Where’s this rumour from?

It's no rumour look up his comments on us immediately prior to him being drafted.

Even setting aside that would not touch Moore. Walking injury. Why buy other clubs problems? Let the Pies pay Moore and Elliott a million year for SFA output.

Bro_Pro

All Australian
Sep 3, 2017
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Yeah obviously I know it will never happen. I just made a statement of my opinion in saying I would happily give up 1st round draft picks for them both as I rate them..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back