Official Club Stuff Ask Lions_Insider!

Remove this Banner Ad

Or you'll have to stay overnight...
I already booked flights for a Friday departure and Sunday return. Was more talking about the team as I would imagine the players would want to fly back that night and we are contractually obligated to fly with virgin being the AFL sponsor

Ticket question -
We have two memberships - a family of six and one concession, both priority a.

We have purchased nine tickets for Saturday against the Six member family membership plus extras and then tried to purchase additional tickets with the concession membership code, and got told we had exceeded allocation.

We then used a friend's unused membership code with our credit card and again got exceeded allocation.

Rang Ticketmaster, waited a long time, and they said we had not exceeded allocation but only offered cat 1 tickets which were way to expensive so didn't take them. The online system had plenty of cat 4s coming up. Tried to ring again without success. This process took from 9-11am. Ridiculous.

Can you confirm if the same credit card for both was the problem?

These were tickets for two related families that are interested in Afl, have come to multiple games with us this year. They have been soccer members for a long time but one of their kids loves the Afl and they were considering a code swap for a year. Wasn't game to ask them if they still are after this morning.

Ticket question -
We have two memberships - a family of six and one concession, both priority a.

We have purchased nine tickets for Saturday against the Six member family membership plus extras and then tried to purchase additional tickets with the concession membership code, and got told we had exceeded allocation.

We then used a friend's unused membership code with our credit card and again got exceeded allocation.

Rang Ticketmaster, waited a long time, and they said we had not exceeded allocation but only offered cat 1 tickets which were way to expensive so didn't take them. The online system had plenty of cat 4s coming up. Tried to ring again without success. This process took from 9-11am. Ridiculous.

Can you confirm if the same credit card for both was the problem?

These were tickets for two related families that are interested in Afl, have come to multiple games with us this year. They have been soccer members for a long time but one of their kids loves the Afl and they were considering a code swap for a year. Wasn't game to ask them if they still are after this morning.

Best to call membership or use the chat http://membership.lions.com.au

Not yet, as AFL are selling the tickets we don't have the data we normally get.

Certainly has me curious. Hopefully we can crack 30k, although would take a big effort from the Lions faithful and neutrals.

Certainly has me curious. Hopefully we can crack 30k, although would take a big effort from the Lions faithful and neutrals.
Just had a look on ticketmaster and you can click on each section to see what seats are left. Most of the lower sections are sold out with scattered seats around (maybe a 1000 or so look free), upper deck has a few more seats showing but not more than a couple of thousand

Would have to think it will be 30k plus for the game.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Thanks for that. I was hoping the Lions Shop would sell some more of these ones:

I too would like to see those jumpers in the shop! I have the 2006 heritage round version which I don't wear anymore, because I don't want to have to wash it too often, but the maroon mickey mouse, on a shirt even, wouldn't be too shabby. It'd go with my Bears pyramid draw string bags :D

We have a lot of retro gear this year - Fitzroy caps sold out in an instant, Bears scarves are re-stocked and there are plenty in-store. We're in the process of moving online shops at the moment, so I'd suggest you come in store or call up for the full range.

We won't be re-releasing any old jumpers however; new suppliers, designs, etc since.

We have a lot of retro gear this year - Fitzroy caps sold out in an instant, Bears scarves are re-stocked and there are plenty in-store. We're in the process of moving online shops at the moment, so I'd suggest you come in store or call up for the full range.

We won't be re-releasing any old jumpers however; new suppliers, designs, etc since.

When you say "moving on-line shops" LI does that mean the on-line store will be based in Qld? And that there will be a larger range of stuff available?

Just on this topic, I don't know at what point you finalise product designs for the next season of merch but I would really like to request a bit more with the OG Lion.

I'm from the Bears side of the merge but I have grown to love that lion, far more than the other paddlepop logo and would love to represent my club with it on my casual shirts and hats.

Oh, and I've banged on about this more than a few times but I really really liked the maroon/white long sleeve shirt that the coaches wore this year - sadly I never found one in my size for sale - but they looked to be perfect for when I'm out riding my bike. I genuinely hope there's another edition of this style of shirt in the coming year, because I'll definitely be in to get one.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back