Player Watch Darcy Moore

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Darcy was a standout performer for us in our two finals. Great to watch him back in action.

There was a nice feature on him in yesterday's Age, where he talked about the importance of his studies and issues beyond the football world. Has some broader perspective on life, which many footballing types could take a tip from.

I recon he’d have been more useful up forward yesterday.

Agree JB, he was superb in the finals and that is on the back of some saying he should not have played because of his questionable body and of his mental resilience being questioned. He was a contested possession winning beast and showed great composure in his first finals series.

We needed a decent forward yesterday but he was dynamic in defence so it would have been a case of robbing Peter to pay Paul.
He was good in defence but he could have been a match winner up forward.

I’ve always been an advocate of Darcy down back, but 2 of him would have been good yesterday.
Well Jimmy, let's blame Peter Moore - he had 3 daughters and then a son. We needed another boy for the forward line. Being greedy, one for the ruck too as Darcy in the ruck is handy and loves to smash the ball forward which would have suited us against the Giants in those conditions.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Mate, without Darcy in defence we don’t make that comeback. He was absolutely herculean.
If Darcy played up forward we wouldn’t need to comeback

This isn’t exactly going out on a limb, but he will be the best KPD in the league if he can figure out his body. Unbelievable.

I watched him closely yesterday. Reckon he was still short of match fitness. Blowing hard a lot of the game. Amazing to think he still beat Cameron in 80% of their 1 on 1s. So yeh I think you’re right about his upside.

Really? Because the ball hardly got down there in the first 3 Quarters. Our mids were poor, no forward was changing the game when we were so strangled in the midfield
It also hardly got the because we only had one target up forward who could compete in Reid and he was only ok in that area. We needed someone who could take relieving marks and compete to stop GWS’ intercept game.

It also hardly got the because we only had one target up forward who could compete in Reid and he was only ok in that area. We needed someone who could take relieving marks and compete to stop GWS’ intercept game.
I disagree. Our ball use was poor due to our mids being under pressure. Hence poor kicks not to the advantage of reid

I disagree. Our ball use was poor due to our mids being under pressure. Hence poor kicks not to the advantage of reid
That’s exactly why we need a better target up forward.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back